Scientific Explorer My First Mind Blowing Science Kit
Last updated date: April 18, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Toys For 7 Year Olds and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Toy For 7 Year Olds you should buy.
Editor's Note April 15, 2021:
Checkout The Best Toys For 7-Year-Olds for a detailed review of all the top toys for 7 year olds.
This toy for 7-year-olds is a great option for kids interested in chemical reactions. It includes several chemicals and tools to conduct experiments. Keep in mind that adult supervision is required.
In our analysis of 34 expert reviews, the Scientific Explorer Scientific Explorer My First Mind Blowing Science Kit placed 3rd when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Scientific Explorer My First Mind Blowing Science Kit is your junior chemist’s introduction to the world of scientific exploration. Learn the basics of science from chemical reactions to the use of science tools. With mind blowing experiments such as creating a sunset in a test tube and making a color-changing volcano, children will love learning fascinating facts about their natural world and this kit will keep them engrossed with interactive experiments. Includes Red cabbage powder, citric acid, baking soda, 3 color tablets, crosslinked polyacrylate copolymer, vegetable oil, corn starch, 2 cotton swabs, 3 test tubes with stand, 3 plastic cups, pipette, 2 sticks, 2 measuring scoops and activity guide. Recommended for children 6 years of age and older with adult supervision. Amazon.com Scientific Explorer's Mind Blowing Science Kit makes it possible to create your very own science lab at home. This smartly designed science kit allows young scientists to perform several amazing science experiments that range from erupting a color-changing volcano to growing colorful, jiggly crystals. Young scientists will learn about basic principles behind the science including the difference between acids and bases, and how to use a test tube and pipette. Although designed for use by children ages four and older, adult supervision is needed for safety and to ensure that young scientists get the most out of the Mind Blowing Science Kit. Scientific Explorer Logo Mind Blowing Science Kit Ages: 4 years and up Requires: Water, baking flour, plate or tray, tape, red and blue pens, grape juice, coffee filter paper, bowl, measuring spoons and cups, stirring spoon, towels for clean-up What We Think Fun factor: 5 starts Durability: 2 starts Ease of assembly: 4 starts Educational factor: 5 starts Novelty factor: 5 starts The Good: Colorful experiments can be performed at home The Challenging: Adult supervision is required at all times In a Nutshell: A fun, dynamic way to learn about science Scientific Explorer callout Scientific Explorer Logo Mind Blowing Science Kit This kit comes equipped with almost everything you need to create mind-blowing, colorful experiments in the comfort of your own kitchen. View larger. Do-It-Yourself Science: No Experts Required Scientific Explorer's Mind Blowing Science Kit includes almost everything you need to set up exciting, colorful experiments with your young scientist. Included in this dynamic kit are the following components: red cabbage juice powder, citric acid, color tablets, polyacrylamide crystals, a pipette, small and medium scoops, and three plastic cups. Only basic supplies are required but not included, such as water, towels, a plate or tray to catch spills, and a stirring spoon. Although none of the experiments included in this kit are especially messy, each one should be done on a flat surface that can be easily wiped clean in case of spills. Adults who are supervising experiments do not need to be science gurus. In addition to step-by-step instructions for each experiment, the detailed science guide included with this kit provides adults with "mind blowing science secrets" that help to answer questions about what's happening in each experiment. All of the materials and experiments involve basic scientific concepts associated with acidic and basic liquids and are arranged to present these concepts in sequential order. The descriptions included in the science guide give background information related to each reaction and offer questions that adults can ask to help encourage fun learning during experimentation. Dynamic, Fun Science at Home Adults and kids will learn amazing new things about basic and acidic solutions with the Mind Blowing Science Kit. Whether erupting a color-changing volcano, creating a sunset in a test tube, or growing colorful, jiggly crystals, this science kit mixes learning with experimentation in a fun and colorful way for a wide range of ages. Each of the hands-on activities in the science guide is intended to be performed by a young scientist under adult supervision, although these activities can be adjusted to accommodate a range of ages and capabilities while still maintaining the educational excitement of the original experiments. In addition to providing detailed instructions, the science guide makes it possible for those adults who might not have a background in science, or even any exposure to scientific experimentation, to knowledgably perform experiments successfully. The dynamic, colorful nature of the experiments included in this kit make it great for pleasing a crowd at family gatherings, parties, or science fairs. What's in the Box Red cabbage juice powder, citric acid, baking soda, color tablets, cross-linked polyacrylamide crystals, vegetable oil, corn starch, paper, cotton swabs, test tubes and caps, plastic cups, pipette, stir sticks, small and medium plastic scoops, science guide.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Toys For 7 Year Olds
Keeping 7-year-olds entertained is no easy feat. They are at an age where they are exploring their curiosity and figuring out how the world around them works. The key is to find toys that complement their developmental abilities while providing them with challenges to learn and grow.
So what are most 7-year-olds like? While developmental milestones can be hit at a range of ages, many children around this age understand the concept of numbers and can tell time. They can repeat a series of numbers backward and know left from right. This knowledge helps them play more effectively with toys that require spatial awareness and understanding of numbers and geometry.
Children this age can put together complex, multi-part sentences. They can also follow a longer series of commands than they could before. Plus, 7-year-olds are learning that some words have more than one meaning, so they can begin to tell and understand jokes and puns. Their reading skills are improving, so it’s a good idea to engage with toys that encourage literacy and challenge kids to spell and speak complex words.
While 7-year-olds are learning more about how logic and reason govern the world around them, they still have a creative side and a wild imagination. Many kids this age exhibit animism, which is the concept that animals and inanimate objects think and behave as humans do. However, they are also old enough to apply factual thinking to their imaginative side, taking their roleplay games to another level of creativity. Toys that encourage roleplay and fuel imagination are a good idea for this age group.
The problem-solving skills of 7-year-olds are still developing, which means they are learning to understand the scope of a problem and identify and evaluate several different solutions. While they may not be able to figure out hypothetical considerations, they are learning to use reason and logic more effectively while figuring out solutions. Toys that encourage problem-solving and critical thinking can help to advance this developmental skill.
The Toy For 7 Year Olds Buying Guide
- When buying toys for a 7-year-old, it’s important to make sure the toy will interest the child. Kids have a range of likes and dislikes, so it’s critical to pick a toy that the child will be excited to play with. The Scientific Explorer My First Mind Blowing Science Kit is a 20-piece kit that allows a young scientist to explore the basics of science from chemical reactions to the use of scientific tools. It includes a number of (safe!) chemicals, such as red cabbage powder, citric acid, baking soda, color tablets, vegetable oil and corn starch. It also comes with cotton swabs, test tubes, plastic cups, pipette, sticks, measuring scoops and an activity guide. The IQ BUILDER STEM Building Toy Set is a creative construction engineering option for kids who like to build things. With the 164 pieces, kids can assemble nearly any geometric configuration from small simple shapes to large models and structures. There are also toys that teach children the mechanics of engineering. Kids can build a car, helicopter, airplane, truck, motorcycle or anything else they can come up with.
- For many parents, it’s imperative to purchase toys for their children that help them advance their developmental skills. The Scientific Explorer My First Mind Blowing Science Kit helps kids understand the basics of chemistry and chemical interactions. Plus, the kit is open-ended, so children can come up with their own experiments and use their imagination. The IQ BUILDER STEM Building Toy Set was inspired by a group of teachers. The toy assists in demonstrating concepts of geometry, physics and math. Kids can also improve their hand-eye coordination and fine motor skills by putting together different structures. Certain magnetic building block sets help kids learn about geometry and shapes as well as improve their spatial awareness skills. They can also work on their tactile skills by carefully crafting magnetic structures. Other toys teach kids how to use tools like screwdrivers and wrenches. Through these types of toys, children can also improve hand-eye coordination, fine motor skills, logical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- When you’re buying toys for 7-year-olds, affordability is an important factor to consider. After all, kids go through phases, and while they may be interested in the toy now, they could lose interest in a month or two. The Scientific Explorer My First Mind Blowing Science Kit and the IQ BUILDER STEM Building Toy Set are all on the lower end of the price range and are affordable options for kids. On the other hand, magnetic building tiles sets command a higher price because they’re so versatile.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide