Schwinn Quick Release Wire Bike Basket
Last updated date: June 23, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Bike Baskets and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Bike Basket you should buy.
You won't have to permanently mount this bike basket, as it can be quickly attached and detached to your bike's handlebars. That means you can use it in your favorite produce store or to gather flowers in a field. It's even weather resistant, so you can use it come rain or shine. In our analysis of 30 expert reviews, the Schwinn Schwinn Quick Release Wire Bike Basket placed 1st when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note June 23, 2020:
Checkout The Best Bike Basket for a detailed review of all the top bike baskets.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Carry your groceries and other items wherever you need to go with the Schwinn Quick Release Wire Basket. You can attach it to most models of bicycle. The wire bike basket has a mesh design to allow water to pass through. This product is made from metal and holds up to regular use. There's a folding handle that you can use to detach the unit and carry the basket around while you shop or engage in other activities. A pair of brackets on the bottom and inner side reinforce it for added strength.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Bike Baskets
If you’re looking to add more functionality to your bicycle, you’ll want to purchase and install a bike basket. This handy tool allows you to travel with your favorite items or stop by the local produce stand to pick up some fresh fruits and vegetables for dinner. As you shop for the best bike basket on the market, you’ll want to keep the following features in mind.
Start off examining the material the bike basket is made out of. There are models made from a thickly woven lacak rattan, as well as baskets constructed from a durable metal that won’t rust. You can even get a high-quality plastic basket, like the Topeak Trolley Tote Folding Bike Basket, that folds up flat when not in use for easy storage. This basket has the added feature of a handle pull and two back wheels.
Determine whether you want the bike basket to attach to the front of your bicycle’s handlebars or just behind the bicycle’s seat. Most front baskets are easy to install and remove, as they just use a few adjustable straps. That allows a person to take the basket off the handlebars and bring it in the store to pick up a few items. A rear mount is a bit more complex in its installation and is a better choice when transporting cargo.
Check that the items in your basket are going to be secure. For example, the Hoobbii Rear Metal Adjustable Bike Basket comes with a cargo net that can be placed over the top opening of the basket to prevent the basket’s contents from falling out. This basket also comes with a waterproof rain cover that doubles as a basket liner.
Consider any extras that the bike basket may have to offer. The Schwinn Quick Release Wire Bike Basket is made with an ergonomic handle, while the MATTISAM Insulated Mesh Pocket Handlebar Bike Basket has an insulated middle, upper cell phone pouch and two side mesh pockets.
DWYM Fun Fact
The very first type of bicycle was invented back in 1790 by Comte Mede de Sivrac. It didn’t have any pedals or steering capabilities. By 1816, a man by the name of Baron Karl von Drais de Sauerbrun added steering to bicycle models. The first set of pedals were added 26 years later by Kirkpatrick MacMillan.
Over time, the popularity and the design of the bicycle began to change. During the beginning of the 20th century, people began to realize that bicycles could be used to transport goods. Baskets were added to the bicycles to carry these goods. Today, bike baskets are typically used to hold personal items, rather than to deliver newspapers or various supplies.
The Bike Basket Buying Guide
- Check to make sure the bike basket is secure before you use it for the first time. You don’t want to travel across a bumpy road and have the basket come loose.
- If you no longer need the basket for your bicycle, you can re-purpose it to give it new life. Wicker baskets can be used in a kitchen to hold a sack of potatoes or a bag of onions, while wire baskets are perfect for keeping tools organized in a garage. Should your bike basket be insulated, you can use it to keep your lunch fresh while enjoying a fun day at the beach with the family.
- Dog owners will need a special bike basket that comes with a lease or harness attachment. Don’t use a traditional basket to take your dog for a ride, as the pup may become distracted by another animal and jump out of the basket.
- Bike baskets are a great way to help children to get a little exercise by going for a ride on their bicycles. The baskets can be used to hold their favorite toy, like a baby doll, or a piece of sporting equipment, like a baseball glove.
- The cost of a bike basket is dependent on the type of material it’s made out of, where the basket is to be mounted and any extra features that the basket may have. You’ll find the Schwinn Quick Release Wire Bike Basket comes in at the lowest price. Both, the Hoobbii Rear Metal Adjustable Bike Basket and the MATTISAM Insulated Mesh Pocket Handlebar Bike Basket have an average price tag, while the Topeak Trolley Tote Folding Bike Basket, with its special foldable design, costs the most.