Saucony Women’s Cohesion 10 Running Shoe
Last updated date: September 12, 2019
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Women's Running Shoes and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Women's Running Shoe you should buy.
Editor's Note October 4, 2019:
Checkout The Best Women’s Running Shoe for a detailed review of all the top women's running shoes.
In our analysis of 39 expert reviews, the Saucony Saucony Women's Cohesion 10 Running Shoe placed 6th when we looked at the top 6 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Our Expert Consultant
Certified Personal Trainer, Health and Wellness Expert
Stephanie Mansour, host of “Step It Up with Steph” on public broadcasting, has been coaching women for over a decade on how to lose weight and make it last. She has a Bachelor of Arts in communications with an emphasis on women’s studies and psychology from the University of Michigan. She holds certifications in life coaching, personal training, yoga and Pilates.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Women's Running Shoes
Good support is essential if you spend significant time running each week. You’ll need a shoe that flexes with your foot, supporting your body whether your heel or forefoot is touching the ground. That means shopping for a running shoe will be a completely different experience than choosing a shoe for walking or everyday wear.
Certified personal trainer and Step It Up With Steph founder Stephanie Mansour says you’ll want to make sure your new running shoes can support you on a wide array of terrains.
“Similar to a walking shoe, you should look for comfort in a running shoe,” she says. “However, instead of simply trying on the shoe and walking around, I’d recommend actually running in the shoe and, if possible, trying to walk uphill or on an incline and then also downhill to see how the shoe bends and supports your feet!”
According to Mansour, the best way to ensure a comfortable fit is to have a thumb’s-width distance between the tip of your big toe and the edge of the shoe.
“Also, in the middle of your foot and arch, do you feel like your foot is being held by the shoe?” Mansour says. “You want to feel like someone is holding their hand around the middle of your foot and it feels secure and safe. Finally, make sure there’s no slipping at the back of the shoe at the heel.”
In addition to comfort and support, you should also consider breathability when searching for the right running shoe. You’ll be shifting your weight from your heel to your arch to the ball of your foot, so it’s important to find a shoe that provides support at each point. This support will help not only your feet but also your body’s joints.
Breathability is also important in a running shoe. Runners are especially vulnerable to athlete’s foot, a condition that can be uncomfortable and difficult to treat. Prevention is the best option, and for runners, that means wearing non-cotton socks and shoes that are built for breathability. For daily runners, it could help to have two pairs of running shoes on hand at all times to let one pair dry out for 48 hours before wearing it again.
Lastly, there’s the issue of aesthetics. You’ll want a pair of running shoes that looks good, even if you only wear them for your daily run. Some shoes come in a wide range of colors and patterns to help you customize your look. Shop around until you find a pair that fits your personal preferences in every area.
The Women's Running Shoe Buying Guide
- When your running shoes are comfortable, it gives you one more reason to keep going, even when you feel as though you’re out of energy. The Adidas Women’s Cloudfoam Pure Running Shoe uses a memory foam sock liner and a stretchy mesh upper to support your foot while also keeping it comfortable the entire time you’re wearing it. The New Balance Women’s FuelCore Cross Trainer also uses memory foam to provide extra cushion to your feet.
- The NIKE Women’s Tanjun Running Shoe has an outsole that absorbs shock to minimize the impact to your feet as you run. The padded heel collar around the ankle keeps the shoe from rubbing against your skin.
- With the ASICS Women’s Venture 6 Running Shoe, the Rearfoot GEL Cushioning System keeps your foot comfortable throughout the transition from heel to toe, which also provides relief to your joints, including your knees.
- Sizing plays an important role in your shoe of choice, but fit can vary dramatically from one person to another. The Adidas Women’s Cloudfoam Pure Running Shoe has been reported as too wide by some with narrow feet, while the toe box in the New Balance Women’s FuelCore Cross Trainer and ASICS Women’s Venture 6 Running Shoe have both been reported as too narrow by runners.
- Support may be even more important than comfort, especially if you put a lot of running miles on your shoes. The New Balance Women’s FuelCore Cross Trainer is built to support runners, combining an ultra-lightweight midsole that both cushions and stabilizes the foot while you run. The ASICS Women’s Venture 6 Running Shoe uses the Rearfoot GEL Cushioning System to provide support exactly where it’s needed. The Adidas Women’s Cloudfoam Pure Running Shoe, on the other hand, is ideal for light runners, rather than for someone who pounds the pavement for hours each week.
- Moisture buildup can become a problem with athletic footwear, particularly if your feet tend to sweat. The Adidas Women’s Cloudfoam Pure Running Shoe, NIKE Women’s Tanjun Running Shoe and ASICS Women’s Venture 6 Running Shoe are built with breathability in mind. This will keep moisture at a minimum and help your feet dry out more quickly if you do sweat.
- If you’re concerned about occasionally needing to clean your shoes, the Adidas Women’s Cloudfoam Pure Running Shoe is easy to clean.
- Another benefit of the ASICS Women’s Venture 6 Running Shoe is its suitability for a wide variety of terrains. Whether you’re running on a treadmill or an outdoor trail, you’ll get durability from this shoe.
- Appearance is also important, particularly if you wear your running shoes while running errands or hanging out with friends on weekends. The Adidas Women’s Cloudfoam Pure Running Shoe offers two dozen color options, while the New Balance Women’s FuelCore Cross Trainer has a similar range of colors and patterns.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide