SATINIOR Plastic Detachable Lid Desk Grommet, 10-Pack
Last updated date: October 12, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Desk Grommets and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Desk Grommet you should buy.
Update as October 12, 2022:
Checkout The Best Desk Grommet for a detailed review of all the top desk grommets.
This easy-to-install pack of 10 black desk grommets lets you pass your cords through your desk surface with ease. Each has a removable lip cover to allow for more wires. This product measures 1.85 inches by 0.75 inches and works with 1.5-inch holes.
In our analysis, the SATINIOR SATINIOR Plastic Detachable Lid Desk Grommet, 10-Pack placed 5th when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Abundant quantity: 10 packs black desk grommets for wire management, made of sturdy plastic, durable to use, organize your desk and keep your work surface clean. Easy to install: Easily insert into a hole, and easy to replace the original one, the overall size of grommets measures 1.85 x 0.75 inch (Dia. x H), fitted with the mounting hole diameter is 38 mm/ 1.5 inch. Removable lip: A small open hole for running wires through it and keeping the wires more neatly, the cover is removable, so if you have a lot of cords, you can use the desk grommet without cover. Desk wire organizer grommet: Allow you to pass cords through the top of desks orderly, creating a organized look and keeping the cords more tidy in desktops and work areas. Application: Desk cord grommet can neatly organize the wires from computer desks, PC peripheral, office equipment, entertainment systems in home, office and school.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Desk Grommets
Strictly speaking, a grommet is an edged ring that is inserted into a hole in material, which makes it easier to thread something through. You’ve likely seen grommets on shower curtains, shoes and clothing. They are also used on desks so cords and wires can pass through.
Desk grommets are made from plastic, rubber or metal and come in a variety of different sizes. They are great for keeping wires out of your way; they make more room for other things like keyboards, coffee mugs and paper. They also declutter your work surface. To use them, you simply put a wire in the grommet hole, run the cord through and snap on the cover.
Some work desks already come with appropriately-sized grommet holes. If not, you will need to drill the holes yourself. While you could just run the cords through a cutout hole, grommets cover the remaining sharp edges and protect the wires.
When shopping, look at the product descriptions to see what size the grommets are and what size holes they will fit in. In most cases, you can use a 35-millimeter drill to make the holes needed for a grommet cover. Some grommets have “lips” to hold them in place, and these generally sit up slightly higher than the desk surface.
Desk grommets may have removable covers to make things look neater, but you can take these off if you want to fit in more cords. Just be considerate of electrical safety and do not overload your outlets.
If you don’t want a traditional round black desk grommet, they are also sold in many other materials, colors and finishes. Some have more oblong or rectangular shapes to them if that’s what you prefer.
The Desk Grommet Buying Guide
- If your desk doesn’t have built-in holes for grommets, you’ll need to drill them yourself. Think about the most unobtrusive place to make the holes before you start drilling. A back corner nearest the outlet is usually a good choice.
- You’ll also want to place the holes where they’ll be of the most utility to you. Where is your computer or monitor going to be located? What other items will sit upon the desk, and where will the cords go?
- Basic black plastic and rubber are the least expensive and simplest grommet options.
- Brass, silver and gold finishes look sleeker and more polished.
- Some grommets are made differently with built-in outlets and USB ports, but these are typically more expensive.
- You can also find flush-mounted grommets, ones made from wood and larger grommets that work well for trash disposal.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide