Sangean WR-11 Wood Cabinet AM/FM Table Top Analog Radio
Last updated: October 13, 2023
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top FM Radios and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best FM Radio you should buy.
If you want a retro radio you can sit on your nightstand or table, this AM/FM unit offers good sound and simple controls. It features modern conveniences like connections for input devices like headphones and iPods and allows for external recording.In our analysis of 44 expert reviews, the Sangean WR-11 Wood Cabinet AM/FM Analog Radio placed 1st when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Solid MDF Cabinet with a Real Walnut Veneer Finish, Soft and Precise Rotary Vernier Tuning and Volume Control
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
FM Radio Rankings
When you want some free entertainment you can take on the go, an FM radio doesn’t disappoint. You can tune into your favorite radio stations as well as access AM channels on the many models available today. Even better, you can find AM radios in sizes ranging from handheld models that you can listen to as you walk around to large desktop radios that give you big sound.
Smaller radios tend to run on several batteries, making them a great option for emergencies when you lose power or for traveling in general. Models of all sizes may come with a power adapter for continuous listening and the most flexibility.
When choosing an FM radio, you’ll want to find reliable models that offer a good signal and quality sound. Those with longer antennas can help you get better reception. You’ll find options with both small and large speakers along with some models that let you choose between tones to fit your environment.
Although FM radios can seem simple to operate, you’ll find variation in the knobs, dials and sliders they feature. Some makers market their radios as easy to use for those who are elderly and may need larger controls. Other models make it easy to turn to the exact radio station you’re seeking without much fuss.
Besides letting you listen to AM and FM radio stations through the speaker, models often let you plug in headphones at a minimum. Some radios even have auxiliary in and out ports that let you connect gadgets like iPods or recording systems.
- If you’d like a battery-powered FM radio but worry about paying for all those batteries, consider that you can find rechargeable batteries that can be more economical. You can keep an extra set as well so you aren’t stuck without a radio while the batteries charge.
- To get the best signal, raise your FM radio’s antenna so that it’s as high as possible where you are. However, keep in mind that factors such as your location’s altitude and any objects that could block the radio signal may impact your reception. Therefore, moving outside may give you a better listening experience.
- When buying an FM radio that works with both batteries and an AC adapter, check whether the manufacturer includes the power plug. Sometimes, you’ll need to buy that as a separate accessory when the maker intends the radio to be used primarily with batteries.
- If you plan to plug your phone or MP3 player into your radio, check whether you have the right connection and cable. A standard AUX cable can plug into your device’s headphone jack, but some devices like newer iPhones would need an adapter for this to work.
- You can use your FM radio with a separate antenna set up inside or outside your home if you have trouble getting good reception where you listen most.