SAMSONITE Pressure Relief Adjustable Strap Lumbar Pillow
Last updated date: June 21, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best you should buy.
Update as June 21, 2022:
Checkout The Best Lumbar Pillow for a detailed review of all the top .
Comfort is king when you opt for this lumbar pillow. It's constructed using a pure memory foam that is both soft and supportive. Use it in the car, at the office, on an airplane or while lounging around the house. The adjustable straps will hold it firmly in place, no matter what type of seat your sitting in.
In our analysis of 16 expert reviews, the SAMSONITE Pressure Relief Adjustable Strap Lumbar Pillow placed 1st when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
100% Memory Foam. ADJUSTABLE STRAP – If it doesn’t fit your seat, move the slider buckle towards the click buckle. An adjustable chair strap built in to this lumbar cushion makes installation a simple, one-step process. Don’t worry about the cushion quickly slipping out of place – even over the roughest of terrain, this strap can keep the cushion at the exact angle and height needed. The strap is a universal fit, with the ability to adjust the length as needed, no matter where you need to sit with a lumbar support cushion. SUPPORTIVE – Our lumbar support pillow could help alleviate the discomfort associated with lower back soreness, injury, chronic condition, or simply add a little more support for those who sit for long periods at work or drive hours-long distances. Its ergonomic design, high-grade memory foam , and firm support are all designed to gently hold you in the correct position, alleviating pressure and stress on this sensitive area of the body. HIGH-GRADE MEMORY FOAM – Firm yet comfortable, the pillow’s supportive memory foam holds your lower back in the right posture. Unlike other traditional pillows or cushions that slip and fall out of place or with insides that move around, the memory foam stays put, cradling both sides of your spine without feeling rock-hard. The memory foam is ideal for all-day use, whether driving in the car, sitting at your desk, traveling on a plane, or simply hanging out at home. ERGONOMIC DESIGN – Samsonite’s Lumbar Support Back Pillow follows the curve of your body, for a comfortable hold that fits and feels natural. The ergonomic design gently guides your body into a position which helps to reduce strain on your lower back. The pillow’s ability to improve your poster also encourages circulation, which helps to further relieve pressure or pain experienced in your lower back. It’s well-padded with memory foam, too, for comfortable day-long use. Measures 13.5” x 14” x 4.5”. VERSATILE INSTALLATION – This back pillow goes wherever you need extra lumbar support. It can be installed quickly with the easy-to-use and adjustable one-clip belt. Simply wrap the straps around the back of whatever seat you’re in and click the strap closed. Disassembly is just as easy. Samsonite’s Lumbar Support Back Pillow is lightweight, too, ideal for easy transport. Bring it with you to work, take it with you while traveling in a plane or a rental car, or move it around at home.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On
If you spend any time sitting during the day, you probably already know it can be a strain on your body. Sitting causes your hip flexors to shorten and can even compress your discs, leading to degeneration that causes chronic pain.
Ask your doctor, and you’ll likely be told to practice good posture and make sure your workspace is ergonomic in design. This means having a straight back and ensuring your monitor is at eye level. But sitting in a full upright position for hours at a time can be challenging, to say the least, which is why you can buy desk chairs that force your body into the correct posture.
The problem with those chairs is that not all bodies are the same. Finding one that puts your body in the exact position it needs to be for your height and build isn’t easy, since most of these chairs are sold as a one-size-fits-all proposition. Additionally, these chairs can be quite pricey and if you work for an employer, you may need to have a doctor’s note to request a custom-ordered chair.
There is an easier way, though. You might eventually graduate to an ergonomic chair, anyway, but you can start with a pillow that will give you the support you need using the seating you already have. Best of all, some of these pillows can be moved from one spot to the other, meaning you can use it in your desk chair, in your car on the commute home and in your favorite chair in your house.
But it starts with finding the right pillow. You’ll need to determine where you need the most support and find a pillow that will provide it. Some find that full-back pillows work best, while others discover a small, more portable pillow works just as well, and they can position it where support is needed.
The Buying Guide
- Without a pillow, your correct posture should have your buttocks touching the back of your chair with your back straight and your shoulders back. Find a pillow that will keep you in that position.
- You’ll find that the arch of your back is where you need the most support to stay in an upright position. If you’ve purchased a small, round pillow for lumbar support, position it in the chair so that it will keep that part of your back away from the back of the chair.
- Many lumbar support pillows include at least one strap that wraps around the back of the seat to hold it in place. Make sure the pillow you choose has a strap long enough to wrap around your chair and connect there.
- If you’re using your lumber support pillow in your car, you’ll need a longer strap than with a desk chair.
- Pay close attention to the material in the pillow. Memory Foam is popular in lumbar support products because it conforms to the shape of your body, offering comfort while helping with your posture.
- The cover of your pillow will inevitably get dirty. Make sure you can remove it and toss it in the washing machine when you need to.
- If you tend to sweat when seated for a while, look for a lumbar pillow with a breathable cover. This is especially valuable if you’re buying a pillow to use in the car.
- Some lumbar pillows let you adjust the firmness to match your need for support from one day to the next.
- Although many lumbar pillows are sold in black, you can find some with different color options. You may want a brightly-colored room to match a colorful décor or a more neutral tone like beige to better blend. Keep in mind that lighter colors will show dirt more quickly, so you’ll especially want a pillow with a removable, washable color if you go that route.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide