Samsonite Omni Wheeled Luggage Set, 3-Piece
Last updated: March 3, 2023
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top Luggage Sets and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Luggage Set you should buy.
In our analysis of 137 expert reviews, the Samsonite Omni Wheeled Luggage Set, 3-Piece placed 18th when we looked at the top 18 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
This set contains 5 different sizes to fit every travel need, including a 26″ upright, a 22″ carry-on upright, a travel duffel, a travel tote, and a toiletry kit. 10 Year Warranty. The Samsonite 5-Piece Travel Set is a comprehensive luggage set that even includes a toiletry kit. There’s room for everything in the four luggage styles: boarding tote, duffel, 22 wheeled carry-on, and 26 wheeled packing case. The exterior is made of a durable 1200 denier polyester and the interiors are fully lined.
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Luggage Set Rankings
Whether you’re going out of town for a weekend business trip or are taking a 10-day cruise with family, you’re going to need a reliable set of luggage. Luggage is not only important for keeping your belongings safe for the duration of your vacation, but if you choose the right set, it can also be useful for keeping everything from your clothing and toiletries to books and electronics neat and organized.
When you begin your search for the perfect luggage set, you’ll need to determine your mode of travel. If you’re using your own vehicle, size won’t matter. Most trains don’t have a size restriction, but they do often limit the number of suitcases you can bring. Flying is the trickiest, as airlines do have both size and weight limits. They may also charge extra if you have more than one or two luggage pieces per person.
Once you know the luggage meets your travel requirements, look for anti-theft locks. Certain brands offer built-in TSA-approved locks. The TSA agent will still be able to check your bag when you go through security, but the lock will deter thieves from stealing your suitcase.
Check the quality and durability of each luggage set. You don’t want to risk the items in the suitcases getting damaged, or the suitcases falling apart after only a few uses. Some bags are made using polyester or ballistic nylon, but you’ll also want to consider hard-sided luggage as well.
Decide how many pieces of luggage you need in your set. Typically, you’ll see three- and four-piece sets, but there are sets with as many as eight pieces. How big of a set you require will be based on how many people in your home are traveling with you and how long you plan to stay at your intended destination.
Next comes the fun part. Examine the luggage set for space and extra pockets. Some sets have dedicated pockets on the outside of the bags for important paperwork and items you need to grab quickly, as well as pockets on the inside for storing shoes, cosmetics or chargers for your phone and iPad.
Another important feature to look for when buying a luggage set is portability via attached wheels. Some sets have two wheels that only move back and forth, while others have four multi-directional wheels. Users can roll bags with multi-directional wheels alongside or behind them as they make their way down a hotel corridor.
- While you can add your own luggage tags to any suitcases you buy, it’s nice to use a set that already has its own luggage tags. These are designed to match the set and typically are of higher quality.
- Shorter people will want to be on the lookout for push-button retractable handles that have more than one locking position. Some models have two locking positions, so you can set the handle at a comfortable height.
- Consider your storage space before buying a luggage set. If you don’t have much room in your home, three similar-sized bags won’t work. Instead, you’d be better off getting a set in which the three pieces fit inside of each other.
- Don’t count color out. It’s helpful to have the option to select a luggage set in a color that pops. Then, when you’re at the baggage claim, you’ll quickly spot your suitcases so you can grab them and get to the fun part of your trip.
- How you clean your luggage set depends on the material it’s made out of. For starters, all suitcases can be vacuumed. This gets rid of any beach sand or dirt you may have come across. Hardshell luggage, wheels, handles and suitcase interiors can easily be sponged down with a little dish soap and water. But you’ll need to dry them off with a lint-free towel afterward. Soft fabric suitcases can also be cleaned with soapy dishwater, but you’ll need to blot and concentrate on only the areas that are dirty. Immediately dab the area dry to keep too much cleaning solution from soaking into the fabric.
- Always check the luggage sets to see how sturdy they are. You want to buy a set that will last for years to come, so good materials and a solid build are important.
- It is important to remember that the price for luggage sets varies based on features and the number of bags in the set. You’re sure to find a set that fits your budget, however.