SAKEYR Mini Sewing Kit
Last updated date: April 17, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Sewing Project Kits and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Sewing Project Kit you should buy.
Update as August 30, 2021:
Checkout The Best Sewing Project Kit for a detailed review of all the top sewing project kits.
In our analysis of 84 expert reviews, the SAKEYR Mini Sewing Kit placed 9th when we looked at the top 20 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
★ 【COMPLETE SEWING KIT 】This is a complete sewing kit that contains all the necessary sewing supplies and accessories. There are spools of many colors, scissors, buttons, needles and threads, etc. All sewing supplies are already ready for you in this travel sewing kit. ★ 【PROFESSIONAL, EASY-TO-USE SEWING KITS FOR ADULTS 】Without sewing machines, just a SAKEYR mini sewing kit could solve urgent sewing. It is friendly to sewing beginners and can be easily used by beginners. ★ 【SEWING ACCESSORIES FOR USE ANYWHERE, ANYTIME】Every tool in a small sewing bag is fixed in one position. You could carry this emergency sewing kit with you, it will not spread out and become messy. When you open it, it will still be neatly displayed. ★ 【QUALITY DESRVES PRICE】In the cheap needle and thread kit for sewing, the sewing thread will be too short and easy to break, the needle will be easily bent, etc. The SAKEYR small sewing kit will not let you encounter these problems, so that you don’t worry about sewing. ★ 【A USEFUL GIFT】If you are annoying to select a gift, this is a good choice. Whether it’s adults or children, backpackers, sewing beginners, professional tailors, and frequent travellers, it’s a good place to own it.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Our Expert Consultant
Home Improvement Expert
Vicki Liston writes, produces, and narrates “On The Fly…DIY,” an award-winning home improvement and DIY show of unique project tutorials for the casual DIY’er.
Home improvement and all things DIY have been Liston’s passion since she bought her first house in 2007 and she started making video blogs in 2014. She’s performed hundreds of DIY projects, from small ones to major, wall-smashing renovations and can teach you how to make a trendy DIY barn door for cheap. The proceeds earned from “On The Fly…DIY” are donated to no-kill animal shelters and rescue organizations. You can find her show on Prime Video.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Sewing Project Kits
Sewing is an excellent skill to have whether you want to make small repairs to your clothes or create your own fashions. When you’re just starting out, it’s hard to know which of the different tools you will need. Plus, if you want to complete a specific kind of project — a craft for example — you may need to purchase specialized items for the job. A sewing project kit is a great choice when you need a number of different tools and threads for your tasks.
“Sewing project kits are available for either a specific project or a type of task,” says Vicki Liston, writer, producer and narrator of “On The Fly…DIY,” an award-winning home improvement and DIY show of unique project tutorials for the casual DIY’er. “For example, a basic sewing project kit would have the tools you’d typically use for many projects, such as measuring tape, fabric scissors, a seam ripper, needles, pins and a few different colored thread spools.”
This is a handy purchase for those who do not have any sewing tools and want to start working on several different kinds of sewing projects.
“Conversely, a specific kit might include only the fabric, thread, buttons and other materials needed to make a cute stuffed purple unicorn,” says Liston. “In the case of the former, you are purchasing the tools for several potential projects as well as emergency mending needs, and in the latter, you are only purchasing what you require for that particular finished item.”
When you’re on the hunt for sewing kits, it’s important to keep your skill level in mind.
“If you are looking for a specific project to complete, kits not only come in a variety of cool options but they are tailored to skill level and age,” says Liston. “If you’ve never picked up a needle and thread in your life, the beginner skill kits will include detailed step-by-step instructions, vivid pictures, and usually pre-cut fabric.”
This is a good choice for older kids who are interested in sewing as well as novice adults. Liston adds, “The more intermediate level kits will still include instructions but you’ll need to measure and cut out patterns and fabric yourself.”
If you’re looking for sewing kits that are created for specific ages, keep an eye out for the sharp objects.
“Rounded scissors and blunt needles are best for little fingers as they encourage their fine motor skills while minimizing the potential for bloodshed and tears. Adult-appropriate kits should include the real deal — sharp fabric scissors, needles and pins,” shares Liston.
The Sewing Project Kit Buying Guide
- One of the most important elements to pay attention to when purchasing a sewing project kit is what the package includes. You don’t want to end up with things you don’t need — or be missing items you really want. “Before purchasing a sewing project kit, read the list of included items first,” reminds Liston. “If you are making a specific one-time project, ensure it contains all the needed materials and tools. It can be disappointing to open a new kit, only to find that the manufacturer assumed you already had a plethora of pins on hand.” Be sure to also pay attention to the quality of the items inside. “A basic sewing project kit, meant to be used for project after project, should always contain high-quality, durable tools that will last you for years,” says Liston.
- Another important factor to consider when thinking about which sewing project kit to purchase is the location of your activity. “Where will you be using your sewing project kit?” asks Liston. “If you plan to sew primarily at home, I recommend a larger-sized kit that will allow you to grow into it. The container should permit you to keep its contents neatly organized and easy to locate within its compartments, elastic straps or pockets. There’s nothing worse than sticking your hand into a kit and meeting the wrong end of a needle,” Liston adds. For many sewers, it’s also important to take into account the look of the kit. “Kits come in myriad colors and styles to complement your décor; some blend so well that you may not even know they are for sewing,” says Liston.
- On the other hand, keep mobility in mind if you need to use your sewing tools out of the house. “If you know you’ll be sewing on-the-go more often than not — on-the-spot mending scenarios — opt for a smaller, more compact kit,” guides Liston. “These are lightweight, can be tucked away in a purse, backpack, or car and are at the ready when you need them.”
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide