Safco Products Wooden Desktop 12-Compartment File Sorter
Last updated date: February 9, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top File Management and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best File Management you should buy.
Update as March 21, 2022:
Checkout The Best File Management for a detailed review of all the top file management.
This desktop file management organizer gives you 12 compartments, each sized 9 inches wide by 11 1/2 inches deep and 2 3/8 inches high, offering plenty of space for small supplies or paperwork. It would work great in a copy room or the administrative offices of a school for separating different employees’ mail. Each compartment can hold up to 15 pounds, and you can remove some of the shelves if you need larger compartments.
In our analysis, the Safco Products Safco Products Wooden Desktop 12-Compartment File Sorter placed 4th when we looked at the top 6 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
MULTI-PURPOSE DESKTOP SORTER. The versatile design of this organizer allows for use anywhere: home, office or school is just the beginning. Great for storing pens, pencils, art supplies, homework, books, binders, files, paper or other supplies to keep conveniently nearby and organized. Finished dimensions are 19 ½”W x 12”D x 16”H. EASY TO RECONFIGURE AND CUSTOMIZE. 12 compartments, 9″W x 11 1/2″D x 2 3/8″H. Each rated up to 15 lbs. and can be removed to create more space or adjusted to create a new configuration. Shelves rest on dowels that can be removed, making it adjustable and easy to reconfigure or customize to suit your individual needs. BUILT TO LAST. Constructed of corrugated fiberboard frame with hardboard shelves. Durable laminate finish helps prevent scratching and chipping for a long-lasting product. Available in choice of Cherry, Gray or Mahogany laminate to suit a variety of personal preferences or decor. BUILT IN ORGANIZATION. These versatile sorters feature molded-in labeling areas for an added level of organization. EASY ASSEMBLY. The organizer ships disassembled and is designed for easy assembly, requiring only a hammer (not included).
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On File Management
Computers have eliminated much of the paperwork that was part of every office environment, but that doesn’t mean you still don’t have some paper files. Some industries rely heavily on paper documents, including healthcare and education. Whatever profession you’re in, though, chances are you have a need to manage some paper documents.
The right document organizer can make all the difference. The first step, though, is to reduce your reliance on paper as much as possible. If you can make a process electronic, it will save you time and space. Professional organizers recommend reducing clutter like paperwork as soon as it comes through the door. This means sorting all paper mail, tossing any items you won’t need into the trash and immediately depositing the rest into whatever organization process you have set up.
That’s where a good file management system comes in. Whether it’s a file cabinet, a desktop sorter or an accordion-style carrying case, you need somewhere to put your paperwork. Your choice of organizer depends heavily on how you’ll be using it. A file cabinet is for long-term storage of numerous documents, but you can find smaller ones if the volume of files is smaller.
For keeping just a few documents close by at a time, though, the best option is likely a desktop sorter with just a few compartments. This is a great way to keep those must-do items close at hand. You can even hang a sorter on your wall or at the entrance to your office space for others to place incoming documents or pick up outgoing paperwork.
Portable accordion-style organizers come in handy for those who take their documents on the go. Some crafters even use them for storing supplies to take to retreats and conferences. If you opt for a portable organizer, consider that you can find some that are water-resistant, which will help if you ever find yourself rushing to your vehicle in an unexpected rainstorm. The key is to identify your own unique needs and find the organizer that best meets them.
The File Management Buying Guide
- Most file organizers are built to hold 8.5-by-11-inch sheets of paper and file folders. You can fold your legal pages to fit, but if you’ll need to store larger pages often, look for an organizer that can accommodate file folders in the largest size you typically use.
- It’s important to consider the space your organizer will take up. A file cabinet will consume floor space, while a desk organizer will make a section of your desk unusable. You can find some organizers that hang on the wall to keep your desk and floor clear.
- Closely examine the compartments your organizer provides. With a file cabinet, you have the space to include a large number of hanging file folders, making it easy to keep everything separated. With a smaller desk organizer, you’ll be limited as to how many documents you can hold.
- If you need to keep your paperwork secure, look for a file organizer that locks. Make sure you have a safe place to store your key.
- Students can benefit from document management, too. Look for an organizer that’s portable enough to take to class or study sessions if you need it or, at the very least, one you can cart back and forth easily if you need it.
- If you opt for a portable file management solution, make sure the handle and exterior are sturdy enough to last, even once the organizer is packed with items. One that’s water-resistant and tear-proof will come in handy while you’re rushing from place to place.
- Each person’s organizational needs differ. A file management system that allows you to customize it to fit your own needs will be a big help.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide