Saaqaans Stainless Steel Hairdressers’ Scissors Set, 6-Piece
Last updated date: February 1, 2023
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Hair Dressers' Scissors and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Hair Dresser Scissors you should buy.
Update as February 1, 2023:
Checkout The Best Hair Dressers’ Scissors for a detailed review of all the top hair dressers' scissors.
This set gives you barber scissors, texturing shears and a straight-edge razor that comes with 10 extra blades, plus a comb and a case. All the stainless steel tools are sharp and comfortable to use, and the scissors adjust for tension.
In our analysis, the Saaqaans Saaqaans Stainless Steel Hairdressers' Scissors Set, 6-Piece placed 2nd when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
PERFECT HAIR SCISSORS: Professional hair stylists demand professional hairdresser scissors. The right hair scissors can make a world of difference in the overall quality of your haircut. Saaqaans scissors are an excellent choice for professionals. Our shears are very comfortable to use by beginners and experts. HIGH-QUALITY HAIR CUTTING SCISSOR: Sharp razor edge right-handed 16.7 cm / 5.48 inches hairdressing scissor. It is lightweight (under 70g) scissor, so can be easily handled. Ergonomically designed handle for a smooth haircut. Durable hand-crafted blades provide optimum control and balance. TEXTURE SHEAR FOR STYLISH HAIRCUT: It provides easy and accessible hair cutting. Adjustable tension screw that means you can tweak your scissors set-up as you cut. It is also lightweight (under 70g) with length of 16.7 cm / 5.48 inches. You would love your haircut with these beautiful scissors. STRAIGHT EDGE BEARD SHAVING RAZOR: Single edge blade fits in this razor but you can also buy double edge blades and snap it half to make it fit into this razor. It is very lightweight (under 60g) and made of stainless steel. Note: If you are a first time user then watch YouTube video ‘How To Use Saaqaans Shaving Razor’. WHAT’S INCLUDED IN THE PACKAGE & WARRANTY: You will get 1 x Barber Scissor + 1 x Texturing Shears + 1 x Straight Edge Razor with 10 x Double Edge Razor Blades + 1 x Hair Comb with a Luxury Scissors Case / Pouch.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Hair Dressers' Scissors
If you want to cut your hair or someone else’s, it’s worth getting a good pair of hairdressers’ scissors rather than using all-purpose scissors you already have at home. These specialized scissors are sharp enough to cut your hair without splitting your ends or leaving uneven edges. They’re more ergonomic so that you can cut hair more comfortably, and they come in various types to suit your needs.
You’ll encounter a selection of traditional cutting shears, texturizing shears and thinning shears. The traditional scissors are what you’re most familiar with and have two regular blades that work well for cutting and layering hair strands. On the other hand, thinning and texturizing shears have a straight blade along with one that features teeth. These teeth help to soften edges and blend between sections while retaining the shape of your cut.
Any pair of hairdressers’ scissors should be durable and sharp. Stainless steel scissors are popular since they are durable and lasting. When it comes to sharpness, you’ll want a pair of scissors with blades that can precisely cut various hair textures and allow for sharpening to extend the lifetime of the tool. You should also make sure the scissors are well-constructed; the last thing you want is to have the scissors getting stuck partway through a cut.
Comfort is another important consideration for hairdressers’ scissors. The pair should have an adjustable screw so you can change the tension to fit your preferences, and they should also not be too heavy to handle. The finger and thumb rings should be sized to comfortably fit whether you’re left- or right-handed. You may also wish get a pair of scissors with comfort grips in the finger rings since these add some cushioning and make it easier to handle the shears.
The Hair Dresser Scissors Buying Guide
- Haircutting scissors come in different lengths, generally from about 4.5-8 inches. Six-inch scissors are considered the most generally comfortable. To find the most appropriate length, simply measure your hand from the bottom of the palm to the top of your middle finger.
- You might want shorter or longer scissors depending on your comfort level and the types of haircutting techniques you’ll use. For example, longer sizes work better for long hair and for scissor-over-comb work. Shorter ones can create more precise shapes, but will take longer to complete the job.
- The quality of the hairdressers’ scissors will affect how long they last. Your budget matters since premium shears cost more but can last for many years compared to cheaper scissors, which might need to be replaced after a year or two. You’ll also want to consider how often you’ll use the scissors, since even an economical pair can last a long time if used just a few times a year.
- Make sure that you and others only use the hairdressers’ scissors for hair. Otherwise, the blades can get worn or damaged. Putting the scissors away in a protective case can prevent mistakes.
- To keep your hairdressers’ scissors in good shape, clean them every time you use them. In addition, use clipper or scissor oil on them occasionally. Try to avoid letting the scissors stay wet for too long since this can cause rust.
- Consider buying a haircutting kit; it will include scissors along with accessories you want, and may save you money compared to buying these items on their own. Such kits often include both regular and thinning or texturizing shears, a carrying case and possibly a hair razor and comb.
- You can use your hairdressers’ scissors on both wet and dry hair. Cutting wet hair can make it easier to create straight lines, but it also increases the risk that you’ll cut too much, since hair will shrink once it dries. It can be trickier to cut dry hair unless you have experience, but it allows you to see how the hair will look right away. Dry cutting is especially beneficial for those with curls.
- Since hairdressers’ scissors are very sharp, watch out for your fingers to avoid injuring yourself.
- Whether you’re new or experienced with cutting hair, it’s safest to start with small cuts to avoid going shorter than you planned. You can always go back and cut more hair; but if you’ve cut off too much, you’re stuck waiting until it grows out.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide