RYYMX Cell Phone Stand
Last updated: November 28, 2022
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top Collapsible Phone Holders and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Collapsible Phone Holder you should buy.
This collapsible phone holder offers consumers a stand with height and excellent positioning settings for optimal viewing. The stand is made of top-notch materials such as aluminum alloy for strength and lightweight properties. This phone stand will become your favorite to take everywhere with you.In our analysis of 31 expert reviews, the RYYMX Cell Phone Stand placed 11th when we looked at the top 15 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Getting tired of holding your cell phone when you playing games or watching Youtube videos? RYYMX cell phone stand adjustable can help you out.
Our Expert Consultant
Parenting Pro and Safe-Sleep Expert
Kate Desmond is a writer and infant safe-sleep expert. She has spent the last eight years working as the marketing director for Charlie’s Kids Foundation, a nonprofit that aims to educate families about SIDS and safe sleep. In that role, she travels around the country learning and educating caregivers and providers on the latest and greatest safe-sleep information to prevent infant death.
As mom to two elementary-aged daughters, she spends hours researching the best and safest products for her own kids. She is quick to get in the weeds with other mamas, and uses humor to cope with parenting woes from potty-training to teaching kids to read.
Collapsible Phone Holder Rankings
It’s admirable to try and limit your screen time. Too much exposure to the blue light wavelengths on your devices is rough on your eyes, and constantly leaning forward to read your phone’s screen can give you a dreaded case of stiff, painful “tech neck.”
However, too much of your life is dependent on your cell phone for you to hang up the mobile towel forever. Anything that makes your phone easier on your eyes (and the rest of your body) is a welcome addition to your life. Collapsible phone holders are a popular, inexpensive solution to many a cell phone woe.
Collapsible phone holders were an instant hit when they were launched in 2014. The colorful accessories stick to the back of your phone case, and the top “pops” out to create a handle for your phone. You can pop it back in instantly so that your phone flattens for storage in your purse or pocket.
Collapsible phone holders give your phone added stability when taking photos, and they reduce the likelihood that you’ll drop your phone while reading or texting. As our parenting expert and mom of two Kate Desmond reports, a collapsible phone holder allows you to more safely hold your phone while you’re carrying something — be that a child or groceries.
“A collapsible phone holder allow you to be nearly hands-free,” Desmond says. “You can pop up the socket, slide it between your fingers to carry your phone, and you can still carry 17 grocery bags from your car with ease.”
You can also use them as a kickstand to watch videos on a tabletop, or add them to the back of your tablet or e-reader for added stability. This allows you to set up your phone for easy viewing, whether you want to watch a video while you cook or entertain bored kids at a restaurant. Desmond points out that children seem to love collapsible phone holders for more than viewing pleasure.
“The amount of joy children get out of playing with a PopSocket is equal to or bigger than the joy they get from staring at your actual phone,” she says.
Collapsible phone holders come in a range of gorgeous colors and finishes. Once you’ve decided which design you want to show off, take a look at our Tips & Advice to make sure you know how to care for your collapsible phone holder.
One note of caution:
“Make sure the placement is just right before you stick the collapsible phone holder to your device,” Desmond says. “The first time I had one I made the mistake of putting it too high up on the back of my phone, and it made it awkward to carry.”
- Collapsible phone holder are universally helpful, but they won’t stick to all phone cases. If you’re using a case that’s silicone, waterproof, soft or highly textured, your collapsible phone holder won’t stick to it.
- The positioning of your collapsible phone holder will affect how you use it and how you use your phone. Putting it in the center of your cell phone’s back is great when you’re using it as a kickstand to watch videos on a tabletop. Some people prefer placing it closer to the bottom of their phone for a more secure grip.
- If you have a phone with wireless charging capability, you might need to make some adjustments to make sure you can use your collapsible phone holder. Older collapsible phone holders will need to be repositioned near the bottom of your phone so that your smartphone can connect with your wireless charger. However, this means that your phone won’t lie flat when it’s placed on a tabletop.
- Newer PopSockets have swappable PopGrips. The base sticks to the phone, and you can remove the top of the PopSocket for wireless charging. You can also switch the top out for other designs.
- If you need to remove your collapsible phone holder, just push the top down and then work your fingernails under the base. Once it loosens, pull it off slowly.
- If you have leftover adhesive stuck to your phone case after you’ve removed your collapsible phone holders, you’ll need to carefully remove it with a solvent that’s safe to use on plastics. Applying mineral oil and scrubbing with a damp, soapy cloth might work. You can also try scrubbing it off with a little bit of hot water and a stiff brush.
- To clean your collapsible phone holder, remove it from the back of your phone and run it under cold water for about three seconds. If it’s underwater longer than that, it might lose its stickiness. Lay it upside down on a dry cloth and let it air dry for 10 minutes. If it isn’t completely dry after this, blot the base with a paper towel. Then reattach it, and don’t use it for at least an hour. This gives it plenty of time to re-adhere to your phone.