Rust-Oleum Metallic Accents Water Based Mineral Fusion Paint
Last updated date: June 17, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Mineral Fusion Paints and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Mineral Fusion Paint you should buy.
Update as June 17, 2022:
Checkout The Best Mineral Fusion Paint for a detailed review of all the top mineral fusion paints.
Rust-Oleum's metallic accent paint is rich and sophisticated. It has an iridescent personality that instantly upgrades whatever it comes into contact with. The water-based formula dries in 30 minutes with a one-step application.
In our analysis, the Rust-Oleum Rust-Oleum Metallic Accents Water Based Mineral Fusion Paint placed 1st when we looked at the top 3 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Elegant metallic paint adds a decorative touch on interior/exterior walls, trim, doors, furniture and more. Low odor, water based formula contains mica beads for metallic look. Dries to the touch in 30 min and covers up to 105 sq ft. Features simple one step application with easy soap and water clean up. Creates a rich, iridescent finish that shimmers when accented by light for beautiful color.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Mineral Fusion Paints
Mineral fusion paints are all the rage these days because they come in modern, versatile colors that can instantly upgrade whatever you are painting. Even better, they are lead-free, non-toxic, odor-free and don’t contain volatile organic compounds (VOC), formaldehyde or ammonia.
Many mineral fusion paints are also made with built-in primers and topcoats, making them easier to apply. These higher-end decorative paints are not inexpensive, and are often used to paint furniture and smaller pieces instead of entire rooms. Whatever gets painted can serve as a focal point for the space it’s in.
Chalky mineral paint creates a matte, chalk-like finish that is trendy these days. It is water-based and usually dries down into a distressed, soft look because it contains calcium carbonate or plaster of Paris. The look is clean and vintage rather than glossy. In most cases, you won’t need to do any prep work as long as the surface is clean; usually, no sanding or priming is required.
Milk paint is also mineral-based and has a similar kind of finish, but in addition to being water-based, it also has milk proteins. This milk protein gives it a sheen that many describe as a more “natural” choice. You can also find paints with mica beads blended into them to create metallic, iridescent finishes. These premium paints are sold in smaller cans; you won’t often see them sold in gallons. They can also have shorter shelf lives, especially the milk paint; you’ll want to read the product descriptions carefully.
The Mineral Fusion Paint Buying Guide
- Examples of VOCs include methyl text-butyl ether (MTBE), chloroform, trichloroethylene and formaldehyde.
- You must mix milk paint before it can be used.
- You can buy a chalk-style or natural-bristle paint brush with your chalk-style paint.
- Wipe surfaces with a damp cloth and gentle cleaner before painting.
- Always stir your paint before using it to properly distribute the coloring and minerals.
- Some mineral paints need no primers or sealants and require only one coat, saving you time and extra effort.
- You can still use a sealer on chalk or milk paint. Use an oil, wax or polyurethane sealant if you go this route.
- Both of these types of paint dry quickly, in as little as 30 minutes.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide