RUNMUS Gaming Headset
Last updated date: August 28, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top 1 PS4 Headsets and dug through the reviews from 2 of the most popular review sites including Tech Bottom, Sparrow Surf and more. Through this analysis, we've determined the best PS4 Headset you should buy.
The Runmus Gaming Headset offers all the most-loved features in a gaming headset. This headset is compatible with many different gaming consoles and offers excellent surround sound as well as a noise-canceling microphone. In addition to quality sound, the comfort and premium materials used to make this headset, offer players hours of pain-free playing. You can’t beat the 12-month warranty either. In our analysis of 92 expert reviews, the RUNMUS RUNMUS Gaming Headset placed 7th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note August 28, 2019:
Checkout The Best PS4 Headset for a detailed review of all the top ps4 headsets.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
RUNMUS K2 gaming headset delivers 7.1 surround sound to enhance the immersive gaming experience. With the high responsive audio drivers, you can be better to make out the direction from which the sound is coming, like the gun fire, enemy footsteps and scenario indicators. Let you gain the competitive edge you need to take your game to the next level. Filtering most ambient noises, this Xbox one headset provides high-end noise cancellation to enable you to chat to your fellow players with crystal clarity. If you wanna enjoy your valuable me-time without communicating with other players, you could turn off the mic by flipping the switch. Fascinating LED light on both sides makes this gaming headset looks like cooler. This gaming headset with a 3.5mm audio jack is compatible with PC, PS4 controller, Xbox One controller(Please note: newer models have a headphone jack, older ones require an adapter.), Nintendo Switch (audio), Nintendo New 3DS LL/3DS (audio), Nintendo 3DS LL/3DS (audio). We have tested our headsets for many years on hundreds of different heads, the retractable band and breathable ear pad make sure every player could enjoy the optimal wearing comfort.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On PS4 Headsets
Today’s games are designed to fully immerse the player in the experience. But crisp, realistic graphics aren’t as effective if the audio doesn’t surround you. A good gaming headset brings sounds to life, enhancing your gameplay while also shutting out ambient noise. The right gaming headset puts all your senses on alert, ensuring you won’t miss it if the enemy sneaks up behind you in stealth mode.
But a good gaming headset goes beyond delivering amazing sound. You’ll also need to consider comfort, especially if you’ll be playing games for hours at a time. Many headsets have cushioned ear cups designed to protect your ears from fatigue during long bouts of gameplay. However, it’s important to pay attention to the build of these cups since certain materials can trap heat. You’ll also find that some headsets are cushioned in a way that prevents that uncomfortable feeling of something pressing against the cartilage of your ear.
Midgame, you’ll likely need to adjust the sound. Instead of relying on controls on your computer to do so, it will come in handy to have those dials within reach. But the layout of those buttons and wheels can make a big difference. In some cases, controls may be too close together, especially if you have large fingers. Keep that in mind as you’re shopping.
One big difference between gaming headsets and those designed for regular entertainment is the built-in microphone. You likely won’t always use that mic, so it’s important to ensure it can be easily moved out of the way when not in use. Some can simply be pushed off to the side, while others detach completely for easier gameplay.
If you game away from home, portability is also a factor. Some headsets can be folded up and tucked into a bag for transport. If you already have a bag that you use to take your PS4 with you, check to make sure you have a place for your headset. However, since many gamers never use their headsets away from home, this likely won’t be at the top of the list of requirements.
You may think the right fit is all about comfort. However, it’s also essential to the quality of sound you get. That seal between the ear cup and your ear can directly affect the sound that gets to your ears. Some headsets build in adjustability to help you find that perfect fit.
Eyeglass wearers face a particular challenge when it comes to any type of headset. Designers realize this and now have begun creating headsets with special indentations designed for eyeglass stems. However, you can also buy velour pads that put some cushion between your eyeglasses and your headset. Not only will this provide a more comfortable experience, but it will also ensure you get the best sound.
DYWM Fun Fact
Noise-canceling headphones have become all the rage in recent years, as consumers look for a way to shut out exterior audio while wearing them. They come in handy on long flights and other crowded areas, but they also can help shut out the TV or chatter so you can focus on your game. These headsets combine a design that seals against the ear with layers of sound-absorbing material built inside.
With some noise-canceling headphones, you also get the addition of sound waves designed to cancel out incoming noise by creating sound waves of their own. The end result is a gaming experience that shuts out the outside world to avoid you being distracted in the heat of a game.
The PS4 Headset Buying Guide
- When it comes to gaming headsets, nothing else matters if the sound isn’t there. With the Turtle Beach Stealth 600 Gaming Headset, you get virtual surround sound, with punchy bass and crisp treble. The headset even has a Superhuman Hearing mode, which ensures you catch even the most subtle sounds, such as someone sneaking up behind you within your game. The HyperX Cloud Gaming Headset builds in Cloud audio for crystal-clear sound during gaming, even when audio is provided in surround sound. The Runmus Gaming Headset brings spatial awareness to the sound experience, making it easier for you to immerse yourself in the gaming experience.
- Good sound during gameplay is largely related to how much outside noise you hear. The Runmus Gaming Headset has noise cancellation to avoid your surroundings from interfering with your gameplay.
- Your ear cups aren’t the only feature that can be optimized with noise cancellation. It’s also important to pay attention to whether your microphone blocks out noise from your surroundings. The HyperX Cloud Gaming Headset and Runmus Gaming Headset both have noise-canceling mics.
- The design of the microphone is also important. The Turtle Beach Stealth 600 Gaming Headset has a mic that flips up to stay out of the way when you don’t need it. The HyperX Cloud Gaming Headset detaches when you choose to remove it.
- Few things can be as frustrating as losing power to your headset midway through a game. The Turtle Beach Stealth 600 Gaming Headset offer 15 hours of play time. The biggest downside of many gaming headsets is simply that it doesn’t issue an alert when the battery is nearing depletion. If you recharge between uses and don’t play for more than a few hours at a time, though, you likely won’t have a problem.
- Comfort is also an issue, especially if your gaming sessions last for hours. The Turtle Beach Stealth 600 Gaming Headset features circumaural ear cups, surrounding your ear with cushiony comfort. The design avoids placing pressure on your ear’s cartilage to keep you comfortable no matter how long you’re playing. The ear cups also swivel up to 90 degrees to help you find your own ideal fit.
- The HyperX Cloud Gaming Headset brings comfort via padded ear cushions that provide hours of comfort. However, the cushions are made from leatherette, which can become uncomfortable if you’re in a room that’s on the warmer side.
- If warmth is a concern, the Runmus Gaming Headset uses breathable fabric to keep you cool through hours of playing. The headset is limited in its adjustment, though, allowing only the choice of three different settings.
- For those who wear eyeglasses, finding a headset that remains comfortable with glasses in place can be challenging.
- One feature of design to pay close attention to is how the controls are built in. The Turtle Beach Stealth 600 Gaming Headset places the volume control and speech level wheels close together, making it easy to accidentally adjust the wrong one.
- Customizing your look can be tough since many headsets only come in one color. The Turtle Beach Stealth 600 Gaming Headset offers two options, though: black and blue or white and blue.
- If you regularly game on the go, consider the Turtle Beach Stealth 600 Gaming Headset, which folds up to easily tuck into a backpack or laptop bag.
- One major decision you’ll have to make as you shop for a PS4 headset is whether you want to be tethered to a wire or go wireless. The Turtle Beach Stealth 600 Gaming Headset is fully wireless, freeing you up to move around. The HyperX Cloud Gaming Headset is wired, which can lead to input lag when you’re using them with a PS4.
- Durability can also come in handy, especially if you tend to buy a gaming console and keep it for many years. Your best bet if you want a headset to outlast your console’s life is the HyperX Cloud Gaming Headset, which is made from a combination of powder-coated aluminum.
- You may have learned by now that skimping on a gaming headset doesn’t pay off long-term. But you can still get a good headset for a budget-friendly price. The HyperX Cloud Gaming Headset and Runmus Gaming Headset are both on the more affordable side, while the Turtle Beach Stealth 600 Gaming Headset is a little pricier.