Rugshop Runner Rug, 2×7.2-Foot
Last updated date: August 24, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Carpet Runners and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Carpet Runner you should buy.
Update as September 3, 2020:
Checkout The Best Carpet Runner for a detailed review of all the top carpet runners.
In our analysis of 11 expert reviews, the Rugshop Runner Rug, 2x7.2-Foot placed 13th when we looked at the top 13 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
This beautiful rug is unique, stylish and ready to accent your decor with authentic elegance. This rug features bold colors and modern design. Jute backing, rug pad is recommended to extend the life of the rug and prevent shifting (not included).-perfect gift for father’s day. Mother’s day, valentines day, christmas., brand new, great value area rug. The high-quality polypropylene pile fiber adds durability and longevity to these rugs, the power loomed construction adds durability to this rug, ensuring it will be a favorite for a long time.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Carpet Runners
A carpet runner is a great way to add a pop of color to any room or hallway. This long, narrow rug can be used in a living room, entryway or hallway as an accent piece. It can also become functional if you place it in front of a vanity, kitchen sink or any other area where you stand for long periods of time. With the right pile type and height, you’ll not only get extra support for your joints while you stand, but you’ll also find it enjoyable against your bare feet.
But it can be all too easy to go by appearances when selecting any type of area rug. Although color and design are closely connected to how well your rug fits with your décor, other features will become much more important once the rug is in place. One is simply how quickly it picks up stains. Many rugs are made from polypropylene, which isn’t as soft as other materials, but the fibers are stain-resistant. Polypropylene is also more durable, so it will give you many years of use without showing signs of wear.
The underside of your rug is also an important factor. If a rug promotes a “jute” backing, that simply means it’s woven. As attractive as that is in the store, you’ll need a rubber rug pad beneath it so that when you step on it, it won’t slip. Many rugs come with that rubber backing in place, which will save you the trouble and expense of purchasing and placing it so that it doesn’t show.
The Carpet Runner Buying Guide
- If your rug doesn’t have a rubber backing, make sure you purchase a mat that extends all the way to the edge of the rug without passing it. For non-carpeted areas, you’ll need a pad that grips the floor to keep it from sliding along with the rug.
- As attractive as bright, boldly patterned rugs can be, solid rugs and neutral tones tend to work more easily with a home’s existing décor.
- Make sure you measure the space before buying. If you can’t find a rug in the exact size you need, you can purchase custom-sized rugs.
- Shag height is another feature worth considering. A higher pile can provide that luxurious “sinking in” feeling, but it also can be tougher to vacuum.
- A rug with fibers that don’t shed means you won’t have to worry about vacuuming the surrounding area on a regular basis.
- The edges of the rug contribute to how easy it is to blend with your décor. You’ll want edges that are tightly bound to avoid bulk, especially if you’ll be sliding the rug under a piece of furniture like a sofa.
- Although some rugs are labeled machine washable, this isn’t advised. If you need to clean your rug, you’re better off relying on a professional. Spot carpet cleaners are great for getting rid of those occasional stains.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide