Rubbermaid Food Storage Containers, Set of 7
Last updated date: May 7, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Food Storages For Lunch and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Food Storage For Lunch you should buy.
Not only is this set made from a durable BPA-free plastic, but it's also stain and odor-resistant as well. The containers allow you to microwave without the mess, thanks to the incorporation of a few small vents. If space is an issue in your home, you'll love that the containers can be stacked neatly on top of each other. In our analysis of 41 expert reviews, the Rubbermaid Rubbermaid Food Storage Containers, Set of 7 placed 1st when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note May 7, 2020:
Checkout The Best Food Storage For Lunch for a detailed review of all the top food storages for lunch.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
From The Manufacturer
Rubbermaid Brilliance airtight food storage containers are built with secure latches on each piece, so you can transport your favorite foods mess-free—even soups, stews, and sauces. The crystal-clear, durable Triton plastic container makes it easy to see what's inside, Plus it's stain- and odor-resistant, so it stays looking like new. The food container has built-in vents that allow steam to escape so you can conveniently microwave food without removing the lid. Brilliance containers stack neatly in the fridge and cabinets for efficient food storage, and are freezer- and dishwasher-safe.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Food Storages For Lunch
Food storage containers are a must for every home kitchen. Not only do they allow you to pack up your leftovers for another day, but they also give you the ability to prepare a healthy lunch to take to work or school. If you’re searching for the best set of food storage for lunch, keep the following features in mind.
Consider the size and the number of containers in each set first. Couples and small families would do well with the Fullstar Food Storage Containers, Set of 12, which has five different sized containers. Other sets come with as many as 44 containers, which is ideal for larger families and businesses.
Check that the food storage set is free of BPA and other harmful toxins. The Vtopmart Food Storage Containers, 6-Piece meets this criteria and is also constructed of a high quality 100% food-grade polypropylene.
Review the storage container’s ability to keep a tight seal. This is especially important if you plan on transporting soup and other liquids to work. The OXO Good Grips Food Storage Set, 5-Piece uses a push-down button for an air-tight seal, so you know without a shadow of a doubt that your food will remain fresh every time.
Determine whether you can heat your meal in the food storage container, or whether you are required to empty the container’s contents onto a plate first. For example, the Rubbermaid Food Storage Containers, Set of 7 is microwave-safe. Other brands go a step further and are even safe in the freezer, dishwasher and oven.
DWYM Fun Fact
In order to prevent food-borne illnesses, it’s important that you store food properly. Here are a few food storage guidelines to keep in mind:
- While you’ll want to allow your hot leftovers time to cool off, you should strive to pack and place the leftovers in the refrigerator within two hours.
- Set your refrigerator to 40 degrees Fahrenheit and your freezer to 0 degrees Fahrenheit. Anything warmer and bacteria is likely to grow at a more rapid pace.
- Some foods, like potatoes and garlic, are better stored at room temperature. You’ll need to keep them in a cool dry location, however, as moisture will cause them to rot.
- Always consume your food by the “use by” date on the product packaging. This is true even if the food looks and smells normal.
The Food Storage For Lunch Buying Guide
- Consider using the food storage containers to organize non-food items, such as crayons, screws, small toys and office supplies. A permanent market will allow you to label the containers, whether plastic or glass, so you know what items are inside.
- Check whether the storage containers are stackable or not. This feature saves refrigerator and cabinet space, which is essential if you have a small kitchen.
- Look for a product warranty or a customer satisfaction guarantee before purchasing a set of lunch containers. You don’t want to have a container crack after just two uses and have no way to get a refund.
- Two main factors influence the price of food storage containers: the construction of the containers and the number of containers in each set. The Rubbermaid Food Storage Containers, Set of 7 and the Fullstar Food Storage Containers, Set of 12 are on the lower end of the price scale, as they are not as heavy-duty as other models. The Vtopmart Food Storage Containers, 6-Piece is also less costly than the OXO Good Grips Food Storage Set, 5-Piece, which is made using a push button that ensures an air-tight seal.