Rubbermaid Easy Release Ice Cube Tray, 4-Pack
Last updated date: April 21, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Ice Cube Trays for Cocktails and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Ice Cube Tray for Cocktails you should buy.
Update as April 21, 2020:
Checkout The Best Ice Cube Trays For Cocktails for a detailed review of all the top ice cube trays for cocktails.
The Rubbermaid Easy Release Ice Cube Tray sports handles that make it simple to break the ice free. The silicone material is FDA-approved. Stacked in the freezer, they make plenty of standard-sized ice cubes for an entire family.
In our analysis of 57 expert reviews, the Rubbermaid Easy Release Ice Cube Tray, 4-Pack placed 2nd when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Rubbermaid Easy Release Ice Cube Tray. Package Length: 12.45″. Package Width: 12.7″. Package Height: 31.5″.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Ice Cube Trays For Cocktails
Unless you’ve got a true affinity for cocktails, you may not have given your ice cube trays much thought. And why would you? Ice is just frozen water, after all. By that simple definition, any ice cube tray that holds liquid without leaking is the same as any other.
If you just want something that will cool down your lemonade quickly, that might be true. But when it comes to mixed drinks, the shape of that ice cube might make the difference between a crowd-pleasing cocktail and a watered-down dud.
If you’ve been to a modern craft cocktail lounge, you might notice that the price of your drink isn’t the only thing that’s larger. The ice cubes also tend to be a lot bigger, and it isn’t just so they take up more room in the glass. Larger ice cubes are visually impressive for sure, but they also melt slower. The science is simple: One big ice cube has much less surface area than a lot of little ones. That means less space to be affected by heat. Therefore they melt — and dilute your drink — a lot less over time.
So how big should the cubes in your tray be? That depends on the drink. So-called “king cubes” are around 2 inches square, and they’re best suited for boozy drinks like Old Fashioneds or Manhattans that come in a rocks glass. You might also find molds that make ice spheres that are around the same size. Visually impressive, but not much difference in the speed of dilution.
“Perfect cubes” are around one-inch square — still a bit larger than bagged ice cubes from the store, but not as bulky as the king cube. They’re especially “perfect” for highballs that come in a Collins glass, or drinks like a gin and tonic that might fill up a rocks glass closer to the top.
Look around and you can also find trays that will make your ice in a wide array of crowd-pleasing shapes. There’s really no wrong answer if you’re looking for ice cubes that will set you apart at a house party. Just make sure you buy trays that are dishwasher safe to make the morning after go easier.
The Ice Cube Tray For Cocktails Buying Guide
- Ever wonder how your local cocktail bar gets their ice so crystal clear? The key is in slowing up the freezing process. Cloudy ice cubes are caused by tiny air bubbles trapped inside the water that naturally congregate toward the middle as the temperature drops. Raising the temperature in your freezer slightly will give that air time to escape to the top, resulting in cleaner-looking cubes.
- There are a ton of uses for your ice tray that don’t involve ice, and those uses only multiply if you’re working with one that makes hefty cocktail cubes. You can freeze excess milk, cream or cooking stock to preserve it for later use. Freeze up cubes of coffee, and they’ll keep your iced coffee strong and cool throughout the morning. You can even preserve your fresh herbs in cubes of olive oil that can be popped out and used to quickly season meals.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide