Royal Medical Solutions Telescoping Back Scratcher, 5-Pack
Last updated date: January 23, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Back Scratchers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Back Scratcher you should buy.
If you're on the hunt for a durable back scratcher, the Royal Medical Solutions Back Scratcher, 5-Pack is your best bet. Each back scratcher is made out of stainless steel and you even get multiple scratchers in each set. The telescope handles have a cushioned grip and the scratcher is designed to resemble a cute bear claw. In our analysis of 43 expert reviews, the Royal Medical Solutions Royal Medical Solutions Back Scratcher, 5-Pack placed 3rd when we looked at the top 5 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note January 23, 2020:
Checkout The Best Back Scratcher for a detailed review of all the top back scratchers.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Royal Medical Solutions Inc. presents 5 Pack multi color telescoping back scratchers. When you feel itching but have difficult to reach, you will find it handy with our telescopic backscratchers. It is packaged 5 pieces in Black, Blue, Green, Purple and Red for each. Extendable scratcher extends from 8 inches to 22 inches. It can also be your backscratcher, scalp massager, head massager, back massager or foot massager.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Back Scratchers
There’s nothing more torturous then an itch you can’t scratch. If no one in your family is home to come to your aid, it’s helpful to have a back scratcher on hand. Fortunately, there are plenty of different options available, and when you’re ready to shop, you’ll want to consider the following features.
Make sure the back scratcher is constructed from a durable material. There may be times when you’re putting a lot of pressure on the wand to relieve an itch, and you don’t want it to break in the middle of a scratch. Some models are made from a thick plastic, while others are constructed from stainless steel. You’ll also come across back scratchers, like the TungSam Therapeutic Back Scratcher, which are made entirely of bamboo.
Check the reach of the back scratcher next. Models that extend often start as small as eight inches long, which makes them perfect for travel. The wands either bend to their full length or pull straight out from the base. You should be able to reach between 22- and 26-inches when the scratcher is fully extended.
Examine the head of the back scratcher to ensure it is capable of relieving your itch. Some models utilize soft bristles, while others use claws or fingers. The Cactus Scratcher Back Scratcher On a Stick is a bit different in that it has two sides. One side has low spikes for moderate itching and the other side has high spikes for severe itching.
Consider any extras the back scratcher may have to offer, such as a hole at one end for hanging the scratcher when not in use. There’s also the Bearback Folding Back Scratcher, which has a set of knuckles at the base of the handle for relieving pressure points, and the Royal Medical Solutions Back Scratcher, 5-Pack that offers a cushioned handle with finger grips.
DWYM Fun Fact
Humans aren’t the only ones who use back scratchers. Primates take tree branches and reach over their shoulders to satisfy an itch.
Back scratchers graduated from the simple tree branches used by primates to a host of different materials that we use today. A few examples include jade, bone, ivory, bamboo, stainless steel and plastic.
Another fun fact: Manfred S. Rothstein holds the Guinness World Record for largest back scratcher collection. He won this title in September of 2008 for owning a total of 675 back scratchers that he procured from 71 different countries.
The Back Scratcher Buying Guide
- Some back scratchers use bristles that may be painful for anyone with sensitive skin.
- To keep the back scratcher clean and free of germs, it’s good practice to wipe it down every so often with a little white distilled vinegar. Vinegar is an excellent all-natural cleaner that can kill 80% of the germs it comes into contact with.
- Back scratchers can be used for more than scratching an itch. You can also use them to reach objects that are high up or to pull objects at a distance toward you.
- If you use massage or essential oils on your back, stick with a metal back scratcher. Wooden scratchers can absorb some of the oils, which will make them a bit slippery.
- The price of back scratchers varies based on design and construction materials. The TungSam Therapeutic Back Scratcher and the Royal Medical Solutions Back Scratcher, 5-Pack have a more basic design, and therefore are the most affordable. The Cactus Scratcher Back Scratcher On a Stick and the Bearback Folding Back Scratcher cost a little more, as they are double-sided and have an extended reach.