Rowenta VU2660 5-Speed Portable Table Fan
Last updated date: November 5, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Table Fans and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Table Fan you should buy.
Editor's Note November 5, 2020:
Checkout The Best Table Fan for a detailed review of all the top table fans.
You'll find this table fan has a host of extras that put it above other models on the market. Not only does it have five adjustable speeds, but it also comes with a remote, so you can control the fan from across the room. The fan runs quietly and even oscillates to cover a broader area.
In our analysis of 98 expert reviews, the Rowenta Rowenta VU2660 5-Speed Portable Table Fan placed 1st when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Combining intense power with ultra-quiet performance, the Rowenta vu2660 Turbo silence extreme 12-Inch table fan makes a great choice for home or office. The oscillating fan runs quietly at just 35db(a) and delivers impressive airflow up to 1695 ft3/min-perfect for cooling in the summer or general air circulation year round. Using the electronic control panel, choose from five speed settings, including Turbo boost and extra-quiet silent night mode. The Rowenta 12-Inch table fan comes with a compact remote control that fits comfortably in the hand, making it easy to change the speed from across the room. Even more, its integrated Remote-Control storage (a slot in the fan's top carrying handle) means quick and easy access to instant, concentrated airflow.Its important to unplug your fan before carrying out any maintenance work. You can clean the unit with a slightly damp cloth. Never let water into the unit. Use a vacuum cleaner to clean the front grid. Never use abrasive products which might damage the appearance of your appliance.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Table Fans
Whether you’re in an office space, dorm room or small room within your home, a table fan is a handy tool that will help keep you cool when temperatures are on the rise. Table fans also work well to circulate the air in the room so that it doesn’t become stagnant. There are several different table fan models on the market, so it’s helpful to review what each has to offer before coming to a final decision.
Start off deciding between an electric table fan or a battery-operated one. The battery-operated models are ideal for emergency situations or areas of the country where the power tends to go out more frequently. Electric fans are better for everyday use, as you won’t have to worry about running the battery down.
Next, consider how much space you need and whether you have a place to store the table fan when not in use. The Honeywell Mini Tower Table Fan actually folds up, which makes it a cinch to store just about anywhere without taking up the space you need for essentials.
The ability to control fan speed and direction is also important. The Honeywell HT-900 Turbo Force Fan has three different speed settings, as well as the ability to pivot up to 90 degrees. The Holmes Lil’ Blizzard Table Fan takes control one step further by also having blades that oscillate or turn from left to right to cover a larger area.
Check to see how portable the model you’d like to buy is. Does it have a handle that makes it easy to carry from one room to another, or is it so lightweight that you can simply pick it up and take it with you? This is important if you have several tasks to complete in different areas of the home.
Perhaps you’d like to invest in a table fan that has a host of extras. Look for a model that allows you to set an automatic timer to the specific hour you’d like the fan to power down. There are also models that have sleep and breeze modes, a storage compartment for the power cord and a remote for controlling the table fan from across the room.
The Table Fan Buying Guide
- Always check for a table fan that’s durable and made to last.
- To help make your room even cooler, you can fill a bowl with ice and set it directly in front of the fan. This trick works well in smaller spaces.
- Fans can also be used during the winter months. Since hot air rises, place your table fan on top of a dresser or tall bookshelf and position the airflow downward. As the hot air floats to the top of your room, the fan will blow it back down to keep you warm and toasty.
- Fans collect dust, and there isn’t much you can do about that. Fortunately, cleaning the fan grill and blades isn’t hard. Most grills are removable, and you can run them under the faucet to rinse off any dust. The blades can be wiped down with warm water and a little dish soap. Some homeowners find it easier to use a vacuum attachment and go over the fan first, before they wipe it down with a wet soapy cloth. You may wish to finish cleaning the fan blades by drying them with a lint-free towel before replacing the grill.
- Before using your table fan, there are a few safety checks you’ll want to perform. First, make sure the grill is intact so that the blades are not exposed. Second, check the wires for any fraying. Third, look over the plug and make sure the prongs are secure and not rusting. Finally, if you need to use an extension cord, do so only for a short time.
- There are several factors that influence the price you’ll pay for a table fan. Battery-operated fans tend to be cheaper than electric fans, like the Honeywell HT-900 Turbo Force Fan. In the middle, you’ll find fans that have all of the basic features you need in a table fan, plus a few extras. If you want bells and whistles, you’ll need to pay a little more. Some models have a slightly higher cost because they also have a remote control and automatic timer.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide