Rösle Stainless Steel Precision Hinges Garlic Press
Last updated: June 2, 2023
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top Garlic Presses and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Garlic Press you should buy.
In our analysis of 104 expert reviews, the Rösle Stainless Steel Precision Hinges Garlic Press placed 8th when we looked at the top 13 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Not only can garlic be pressed easily with the new ROSLE garlic press, it is also directly scraped off when opening.
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Garlic Press Rankings
Creating flavorful meals at home is often fun and relaxing — not to mention, better for you. The downside is the time it takes to prep certain foods. When it comes to garlic, you can cut that prep time significantly by using a garlic press. Before you buy one though, you’ll want to read this guide to learn exactly what to look for in a quality garlic press.
Take a look at the material used to construct the garlic press. Some are made from stainless steel, while others are created using zinc alloy. Both are durable and resistant to rust, but the stainless steel is a bit heavier than the zinc alloy.
Examine the garlic chamber. If you don’t cook too often, or you cook often but only for two, a small chamber that fits just one clove of garlic at a time is fine. Should you prepare dinner for a large family on a regular basis, then you’ll need a chamber that can crush around three cloves at once.
Determine whether the garlic press is able to crush more than just garlic. The Orblue Garlic Press Set also chops nuts and crushes ginger. Other sets can also do this, but this model goes a step further by allowing you to crush garlic cloves without removing the skin. That further cuts back on the time you spend prepping the food.
You’ll also want to consider the handles and whether the garlic press is easy to squeeze with minimal effort. It’s beneficial if the handles have a non-slip coating, although not all models have this feature. A special ergonomic design is worth trying, as it reduces hand fatigue.
- When purchasing garlic to use in your press, look for bulbs that have tight skin. They should also be free from any green shoots.
- Cleaning garlic presses can be done one of two ways. You can run the product under hot water to dislodge any leftover bits of garlic and then wash them in a pan of soapy water or place them right in your dishwasher.
- If you have any trouble dislodging food from the garlic press, you can use a toothpick to poke the food back through the holes.
- It’s best to store your garlic press out of the reach of small children. Garlic presses have spikes that may cause cuts or scratches to small curious fingers.
- When storing garlic that has been pressed, use a glass container. Plastic containers will hold the garlic odor long after you’ve finished using them.
- As you are shopping around for the best garlic press, make sure you compare prices. Some models have a few features that make them worth a little more money. For example, they have non-slip handles and are able to crush multiple cloves of garlic at once. Other models have rounded handles and smaller garlic chambers that keep costs lower.