Rocky Mountain Firm Hold Pomade
Last updated date: April 9, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Firm Hold Pomade Hair Waxes and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Firm Hold Pomade Hair Wax you should buy.
Editor's Note June 4, 2020:
Checkout The Best Firm Hold Pomade Hair Wax for a detailed review of all the top firm hold pomade hair waxes.
In our analysis of 29 expert reviews, the Rocky Mountain Rocky Mountain Firm Hold Pomade placed 9th when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
With high-shine, a firm hold, and a natural scent, our water-based pomade gives you barber-grade performance at home.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Firm Hold Pomade Hair Waxes
While hairspray is inexpensive and easy to use, it can leave hair feeling crusty and sometimes even a bit sticky. An excellent alternative is a firm hold pomade hair wax. This handy styling product successfully tackles flyaways and leaves hair looking smooth and put together. As you browse the available waxes, there are a few things you’ll want to keep in mind.
First, determine whether the firm hold pomade hair wax is water-based or oil-based. Water-based waxes are generally preferred, as they can be rinsed clean using water only. There’s no need for soap or shampoo. Oil-based pomades, however, won’t rinse clean with just water. You’ll need grease-fighting dish soap to get them out.
Second, decide how much of a shine you’re looking for. You can get a pomade hair wax with a matte finish, like the Challenger Clean Matte Cream Pomade, which is a great choice when preparing for work. Of course, if you’re getting ready to go to the club, wax with a high shine might be your preferred choice.
Third, review the ingredients on the firm hold pomade hair wax’s product label. The Jovinno Natural Hair Styling Pomade is actually made in France using only high-quality natural ingredients. This type of formula benefits individuals who have sensitive scalps, as well as those with dry scalps and hair, as there are no harsh chemicals, like alcohol, that contribute to drying out hair.
Fourth, check the hold. Chances are you’re a busy person and you don’t have time to restyle your hair midday. A product like the Osensia Firm Hold Pomade Hair Wax has a strong hold that lasts throughout the day, and it does so without leaving behind any flakes or greasy residue.
Finally, consider whether you want your firm hold pomade hair wax to have a fragrance. There are fragrance-free versions on the market, as well as units that have light and strong scents. The Suavecito Pomade Firme Hold is made using a gender-neutral scent that can be enjoyed by both adults and children.
The Firm Hold Pomade Hair Wax Buying Guide
- Some firm hold pomades can’t be adjusted once applied, as they harden and become stiff. If you plan on changing your hairstyle after work for a night out on the town, you’ll need to first wash the pomade out to restyle your hair.
- You don’t need to use a large amount of the pomade hair wax to adequately style your hair. Simply place a dime-sized amount in the palm of your hand, rub your hands together and either comb or rub the pomade through your hair with your fingers. Finish by styling your hair as you normally would.
- Firm hold pomade hair wax can be applied to damp or dry hair. Keep in mind that when using it with dry hair, you’ll get the best hold, especially if the product is water-based. If you do apply the hair wax to damp hair, use a hairdryer afterward to lock in the look.
- If strong smells affect you, you’ll want to review the amount of fragrance in the firm hold pomade hair wax before you purchase it.
- Although price may not be the sole determinant in which firm hold pomade hair wax you go with, it should be a factor in your decision. Before comparing prices, you must first figure out the cost per ounce, which you can get by dividing the total cost by the number of answers in the tub of pomade. The Suavecito Pomade Firme Hold turns out to be one of the more affordable pomades, while the Osensia Firm Hold Pomade Hair Wax and the Jovinno Natural Hair Styling Pomade are moderately priced. You’ll pay the most for the Challenger Clean Matte Cream Pomade.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide