Rocky Men’s Thermal Fleece Lined Long Underwear
Last updated date: December 8, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Long Underwear and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Long Underwear you should buy.
Editor's Note December 8, 2020:
Checkout The Best Long Underwear for a detailed review of all the top long underwear.
Available in eight sizes, these thermals are crafted from cotton, soft polyester, fleece and Spandex. The bottoms have an elastic waistband, and the set is lined with moisture-wicking microfibers. Other features include a tagless label, classic crewneck design and fine stitching throughout.
In our analysis, the Rocky Rocky Men's Thermal Fleece Lined Long Underwear placed 5th when we looked at the top 6 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
8% spandex. LIGHWEIGHT - (cotton) - 55% Cotton and 45% Ultra-Soft Polyester - MIDWEIGHT - (fleece) - 92% Ultra-Soft Polyester and 8% Spandex - HEAVYWEIGHT - (fleece) 90% Ultra-Soft Polyester and 10% Spandex. WONDERFULLY WARM: Rocky's thermal underwear for men is a "2 PIECE SET" and is perfect for use underneath formal or casual attire at work or for a day out, or the thermal underwear can be worn as comfy pajamas on cold, chilly nights. PREMIUM GRADE FABRICS: Rocky thermal underwear for men is designed for comfort with an elastic waistband and fleece lined moisture wicking microfibers, these thermal long johns have the perfect blend of comfort, warmth, elasticity, and moisture protection. MOISTURE WICKING: Rocky thermal underwear for men set is designed to keep you dry, this long-sleeved shirt and long pants are made to be wick away sweat and other moisture, this thermal underwear for men set will do its job no matter how active you are. BASE LAYERS: When going out to jog, run, bike or cycle in the cold, make sure to use the rocky thermal underwear for men set under your clothing to keep warm and cozy in freezing cold climates or bad weather. These thermal underwear are stretchy & comfortable.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Long Underwear
Long underwear comes in three different weights: lightweight, for moderate to cool weather; midweight for cold temperatures; and heavyweight for below-freezing temperatures. The main goal of this base layer is to manage moisture, but the heavier-weight versions will also add more warmth.
These tops and bottoms can be worn alone or under clothing. Most are made with moisture-wicking fabrics to keep you dry and cozy. Though they can be made from sustainable fabrics like merino wool or silk, the most popular fabric is polyester, usually with some Spandex or Lycra added for stretch. Synthetic fabrics are so widespread because they’re good at dissipating sweat and are less expensive than merino wool.
Some long underwear also has a finish to slow the growth of odor-causing bacteria, a great feature to have for those who sweat more.
Finally, long underwear should fit snugly, but not too tightly. When loose, the moisture-wicking features will not be as effective.
The Long Underwear Buying Guide
- Natural materials like wool and silk may be warm, but they are not as durable as polyester — good to know if you expect to wear and wash them often. However, if you’re planning a multi-day trip, keep in mind that even the best anti-stink coating won’t prevent synthetic long underwear from turning smelly after a few days.
- Merino wool is tough to beat when it comes to avoiding stink. It has natural antibacterial properties — no extra fabric treatment needed — that keep it stink-free even after multiple wears without washing.
- Always read the washing instructions before laundering your long underwear. Most can be machine washed and will last longer if they’re air dried.
- For activities that increase body temperature, such as running and hiking, light or midweight long underwear is a good choice. Heavier-weight base layers are ideal for less aerobic activities, like fishing.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide