Rockland Melbourne Hardshell Luggage Set, 2-Piece
Last updated date: May 3, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Hard Shell Suitcases and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Hard Shell Suitcase you should buy.
Editor's Note May 3, 2021:
Checkout The Best Hard Shell Suitcase for a detailed review of all the top hard shell suitcases.
The first thing you'll notice about this hard shell luggage set is the ergonomic chrome telescoping handle. It's comfortable to hold and extends to match your height. Each of the two pieces in this set also come with multi-directional double spinner wheels to make moving around the airport a breeze.
In our analysis of 22 expert reviews, the Rockland Rockland Melbourne Hardshell Luggage Set, 2-Piece placed 1st when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
This carryon is made of abs. The major benefits of this material - it is extremely lightweight, it is durable, and protects the contents of your luggage. Four multi directional spinner wheels rotate 360 degrees for easy maneuverability. This luggage allows you to pack more while avoiding the excess weight surcharges imposed by most airlines. Multi-directional spinner wheels for easy maneuverability. Modern internal chrome telescoping handle with push button handle. Interior mesh and zip pocket and elastic pocket. Measures 20 inchx13 inchx9 inch and weighs 7.5 lbs. Wheel design may vary between black and silver wheels
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Hard Shell Suitcases
Hardshell suitcases can be durable and lightweight. They are frequently available in standard sizes for carry-on bags or checked luggage, making them a practical choice for traveling by plane or cruise ship. Learning about features to consider and look for will help you select the best hard-sided luggage for your needs.
Consider the type of material used in a hardshell suitcase you are considering. Many are made from high-tech plastic. ABS is the most lightweight, although it is not as sturdy as polycarbonate, which is a bit heavier. Luggage made with an aluminum shell will stand up to the most wear and tear, but it is also the heaviest material used to make hard-sided suitcases.
Many hardshell suitcases open much like a clamshell, with two distinct, equal sides in which to pack. While this can be helpful to keep items separate, it also requires more room when unpacking as you must spread it open entirely. Others have a “lid” that opens more like a traditional suitcase, so if you will use it in a small space, consider this option.
Hard-sided luggage can be more challenging to store than soft-sided luggage is. You will need ample space, as squeezing a suitcase into a tight area might result in scratches or damage. Some hardshell suitcase sets come in graduated sizes that fit inside one another, make storage less difficult.
The Hard Shell Suitcase Buying Guide
- To clean your hard-sided luggage, dip a soft cloth or sponge in warm, soapy water and wipe it gently. Follow up by rinsing it with a clean, damp cloth. Dry the suitcase completely before storing it.
- The easiest way to remove sand, dirt, dust or crumbs from the inside of your suitcase is to vacuum it. If there is any sticky or caked-on grime, remove it with a damp cloth and then allow the interior to dry completely before putting it in storage. You will be grateful for clean, fresh luggage when planning your next trip.
- As hardshell luggage is prone to scratches, dents or dings, consider purchasing luggage covers for extra protection when not in use.
- Check the wheels on your suitcase before and after you travel. Removing gravel, dirt or other particles in the wheels will keep them moving smoothly for years to come.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide