Rockland Melbourne Expandable Carry-On Luggage
Last updated date: June 4, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Roller Bags and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Roller Bag you should buy.
The Rockland Melbourne Expandable Carry-On Luggage is easy to transport with its multi-directional double spinner wheels and comfortable ergonomic handle. Made using ABS material, the roller bag's shell is extremely durable. The bag also uses strong zippers and had the ability to expand if needed. In our analysis of 42 expert reviews, the Rockland Rockland Melbourne Expandable Carry-On Luggage placed 6th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note February 28, 2020:
Checkout The Best Roller Bag for a detailed review of all the top roller bags.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
This carryon is made of abs. The major benefits of this material - it is extremely lightweight, it is durable, and protects the contents of your luggage. Four multi directional spinner wheels rotate 360 degrees for easy maneuverability. This luggage allows you to pack more while avoiding the excess weight surcharges imposed by most airlines. Multi-directional spinner wheels for easy maneuverability. Modern internal chrome telescoping handle with push button handle. Interior mesh and zip pocket and elastic pocket. Measures 20 inchx13 inchx9 inch and weighs 7.5 lbs. Wheel design may vary between black and silver wheels
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Roller Bags
Whether you’re planning a short weekend getaway or you need to take a long business trip, you’ll benefit from a quality roller bag. These bags are often big enough to hold several days’ worth of clothing and personal care products, yet small enough to meet airline carry-on requirements.
As you search for the best roller bag, consider whether you want the bag to have wheels. Carry-ons can get heavy, which may do a number on your back, especially if you have to lug them a long distance. A bag like the Samsonite Omni Hardside Luggage with Wheels is equipped with multi-directional over-sized spinner wheels that make it a breeze to push or pull.
Carry-ons with wheels also need to have a comfortable handle that extends to match the individual’s height. The Rockland Melbourne Expandable Carry-On Luggage comes with an aluminum ergonomic telescoping handle that is nice and sturdy.
Review the roller bag’s outer material. For example, the AmazonBasics Hardside Spinner Luggage has an outer shell made of an extra-thick ABS. It isn’t easily scratched or dented, which means it’s durable and designed to last.
Design and function will also play a roll in deciding which roller bag to purchase. There are models that offer as many as 32 different colors and patterns. There are also bags, like the Samsonite Women’s Spinner Mobile Office, that are elegant in appearance and include a host of inner and outer pockets. They are able to store your paperwork, hold your water bottle and keep your tablet protected from harm.
DWYM Fun Fact
Most airlines have restrictions on the size of a carry-on bag. Although these bags are smaller than your checked luggage, there are still some tips and tricks you can use to fit a large number of items in the carry-on.
- Roll your clothes. Folded clothing takes up much more room than rolled items.
- Place items of medium weight on the bottom of your bag, heavy items in the middle and lightweight items on top.
- Utilize every bit of space. For example, when you pack shoes, there’s room in the shoe for rolled-up socks, ties or scarves. You can also tuck jewelry inside the socks or a pair of gloves.
- Download all the books you want to read to a Kindle tablet. This way you only need to pack one item, instead of three or four.
- Use space-saving bags. These bags are designed to remove the air within the bag and leave you with extra space to fit additional items.
The Roller Bag Buying Guide
- Review the weight of the roller bag. Heavier bags reduce the number of items you’ll be able to bring if the airline has a weight limit on carry-ons.
- Check for locks, as many models require you to purchase locks separately.
- Every so often, you’ll need to give your roller bag a good cleaning. You can use the hose on your vacuum cleaner to vacuum out the bag’s interior. Next, place a drop of dish soap on a wet cloth and use the cloth to wipe down the bag’s inner lining and outer shell. If the wheels are dirty, you’ll want to brush the dirt off before wiping the wheels down with the soapy cloth.
- Design and the number of features play a big part in the overall price of a roller bag. The AmazonBasics Hardside Spinner Luggage and the Rockland Melbourne Expandable Carry-On Luggage are basic and have no exterior pockets, making them extremely affordable. The Samsonite Omni Hardside Luggage with Wheels has added TSA locks and a long product warranty, so it costs a bit more. Since the Samsonite Women’s Spinner Mobile Office is elegantly designed with extra features, like a padded pocket for a tablet and an accordion pocket for files, it has the highest price tag.