Rockland Melbourne Ergonomic Luggage Set, 3-Piece
Last updated date: January 13, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Luggage Sets and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Luggage Set you should buy.
Update as February 8, 2022:
Checkout Travel The World Like Royalty With The Best Luggage Set for a detailed review of all the top luggage sets.
With 33 different color options, you can't go wrong with this luggage set. It comes with three pieces measuring 20, 24 and 28 inches. Each features a hard shell that will protect your items during transit. The spinner wheels and aluminum telescoping handles add to the appeal and functionality of this set.
In our analysis of 119 expert reviews, the Rockland Melbourne Ergonomic Luggage Set, 3-Piece placed 2nd when we looked at the top 14 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
This 3 piece. Set is made of abs. The major benefits of this material – it is extremely lightweight, it is durable, and protects the contents of your luggage. Eight multi directional spinner wheels rotate 360 degrees for easy maneuverability. This luggage allows you to pack more while avoiding the excess weight surcharges imposed by most airlines. Features: expandable multi-directional spinner wheels for easy maneuverability modern internal chrome telescoping handle with push button handle. Interior mesh and zip pocket and elastic pocket. Measures: 20 inch x13 inch x9 inch weighs 6 lbs., 24 inch x15 inch x10 inch weights 8 lbs., 28 inch x17 inch x12 inch weighs 10 lbs.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Luggage Sets
Whether you’re going out of town for a weekend business trip or are taking a 10-day cruise with family, you’re going to need a reliable set of luggage. Luggage is not only important for keeping your belongings safe for the duration of your vacation, but if you choose the right set, it can also be useful for keeping everything from your clothing and toiletries to books and electronics neat and organized.
When you begin your search for the perfect luggage set, you’ll need to determine your mode of travel. If you’re using your own vehicle, size won’t matter. Most trains don’t have a size restriction, but they do often limit the number of suitcases you can bring. Flying is the trickiest, as airlines do have both size and weight limits. They may also charge extra if you have more than one or two luggage pieces per person.
Once you know the luggage meets your travel requirements, look for anti-theft locks. Certain brands offer built-in TSA-approved locks. The TSA agent will still be able to check your bag when you go through security, but the lock will deter thieves from stealing your suitcase.
Check the quality and durability of each luggage set. You don’t want to risk the items in the suitcases getting damaged, or the suitcases falling apart after only a few uses. Some bags are made using polyester or ballistic nylon, but you’ll also want to consider hard-sided luggage as well.
Decide how many pieces of luggage you need in your set. Typically, you’ll see three- and four-piece sets, but there are sets with as many as eight pieces. How big of a set you require will be based on how many people in your home are traveling with you and how long you plan to stay at your intended destination.
Next comes the fun part. Examine the luggage set for space and extra pockets. Some sets have dedicated pockets on the outside of the bags for important paperwork and items you need to grab quickly, as well as pockets on the inside for storing shoes, cosmetics or chargers for your phone and iPad.
Another important feature to look for when buying a luggage set is portability via attached wheels. Some sets have two wheels that only move back and forth, while others have four multi-directional wheels. The Coolife Luggage Expandable 3-Piece Spinner is a good example of this. Users can roll these bags alongside or behind them as they make their way down a hotel corridor.
The Luggage Set Buying Guide
- While you can add your own luggage tags to any suitcases you buy, it’s nice to use a set that already has its own luggage tags. These are designed to match the set and typically are of higher quality.
- Shorter people will want to be on the lookout for push-button retractable handles that have more than one locking position. Some models have two locking positions, so you can set the handle at a comfortable height.
- Consider your storage space before buying a luggage set. If you don’t have much room in your home, three similar-sized bags won’t work. Instead, you’d be better off getting a set in which the three pieces fit inside of each other.
- Don’t count color out. It’s helpful to have the option to select a luggage set in a color that pops. Then, when you’re at the baggage claim, you’ll quickly spot your suitcases so you can grab them and get to the fun part of your trip.
- How you clean your luggage set depends on the material it’s made out of. For starters, all suitcases can be vacuumed. This gets rid of any beach sand or dirt you may have come across. Hardshell luggage, wheels, handles and suitcase interiors can easily be sponged down with a little dish soap and water. But you’ll need to dry them off with a lint-free towel afterward. Soft fabric suitcases can also be cleaned with soapy dishwater, but you’ll need to blot and concentrate on only the areas that are dirty. Immediately dab the area dry to keep too much cleaning solution from soaking into the fabric.
- Always check the luggage sets to see how sturdy they are. You want to buy a set that will last for years to come, so good materials and a solid build are important.
- It is important to remember that the price for luggage sets varies based on features and the number of bags in the set. You’re sure to find a set that fits your budget, however.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide