Robert Becker The Body Electric: Electromagnetism And The Foundation Of Life
Last updated date: September 8, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Electromagnetism Books and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Electromagnetism Book you should buy.
Editor's Note September 8, 2020:
Checkout The Best Electromagnetism Book for a detailed review of all the top electromagnetism books.
If you're looking for an electromagnetism book that is thought-provoking, this is it. The author takes you through a scientific journey that challenges some of today's modern theories. While this book contains technical explanations, it's also written in a way that the average learner can easily understand.
In our analysis, the Robert Becker Robert Becker The Body Electric placed 1st when we looked at the top 5 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The Body Electric tells the fascinating story of our bioelectric selves. Robert O. Becker, a pioneer in the filed of regeneration and its relationship to electrical currents in living things, challenges the established mechanistic understanding of the body. He found clues to the healing process in the long-discarded theory that electricity is vital to life. But as exciting as Becker's discoveries are, pointing to the day when human limbs, spinal cords, and organs may be regenerated after they have been damaged, equally fascinating is the story of Becker's struggle to do such original work. The Body Electric explores new pathways in our understanding of evolution, acupuncture, psychic phenomena, and healing.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Electromagnetism Books
Electromagnetism falls under the category of physics. While many once thought that electricity and magnetism were separate forces, scientists uncovered that the two are actually linked. First, a magnetic field is created by an electric current. Second, a voltage is produced when a magnetic field changes.
While high school science textbooks include chapters on electromagnetism, chances are you won’t dive deeper into the subject until you enter college. Of course, anyone is welcome to purchase an electromagnetism book to explore the subject on their own. When shopping for the best electromagnetism book, consider the following features.
Start with an introductory electromagnetism book. This allows you to build a firm understanding of the most important concepts. Slater & Frank’s “Electromagnetism” is an excellent place to start. The book is divided up into three main sections. First, students are taught about electrostatics. Second, magnetostatics are covered. Third, electromagnetic theory is explained. It’s helpful if the reader already has a knowledge of calculus and differential equations before reading this book.
Check the layout of the electromagnetism book next. For example, Purcell & Morin’s “Electricity & Magnetism” contains hundreds of illustrations to further demonstrate the lessons being taught. The book also features discussions of real-life applications and more than 600 end-of-chapter problems and exercises.
Look for material on electromagnetism that is thought provoking. For example, Robert Becker’s “The Body Electric” is written in a way that is easy to understand, yet it’s designed to make you think. It’s not a scholastic textbook, so it’s best for more curious readers. What the author does is take the reader through a scientific journey that challenges some of today’s modern theories.
Move on to more advanced electromagnetism textbooks once you’ve mastered the basics. R. Shankar’s “Fundamentals of Physics II” includes electromagnetism, optics and quantum mechanics. The course gradually moves on to more complex topics. It expects that the reader has already taken, and mastered, Physics I. Reader’s will be able to watch the author’s complementary teaching lessons on his YouTube channel.
The Electromagnetism Book Buying Guide
- When searching for the best electromagnetism book, start with a version that teaches basic physics. You can always build on your knowledge from there; however, you’ll find it hard to keep up with more advanced books if you don’t have a solid grasp of the basic fundamentals.
- Consider using free online lectures to supplement the materials in your electromagnetism book. YouTube is flooded with professors who post their teaching sessions for their students. Since the videos are public, anyone can watch them.
- If you have trouble with certain concepts in your electromagnetism book, you may wish to hire a tutor. Sometimes all it takes is another individual to explain a problem in a new way for the switch to flip.
- As you prepare to take an electromagnetism course, you’ll need to gather a few supplies. A notebook and pencil are needed to work out problems. Some exercises will also require the use of a scientific calculator.
- When purchasing an electromagnetism book, you’ll find paperback versions are much cheaper than hardback. In some cases, the books are available at a discounted rate as an ebook. Another factor that affects price is whether the book is designed to be used as a college textbook, or simply for your own enjoyment. You’ll find Robert Becker’s “The Body Electric” and Slater & Frank’s “Electromagnetism” are the most affordable of the bunch. R. Shankar’s “Fundamentals of Physics II” has a more moderate price, while Purcell & Morin’s “Electricity & Magnetism” comes in with the highest price tag.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide