Rio Beach Safe-Adjust Lightweight Beach Chair
Last updated: March 16, 2023
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top Lightweight Beach Chairs and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Lightweight Beach Chair you should buy.
This lightweight beach chair offers five different reclining positions, including a lay-flat option. The wooden armrests have all-weather protection. The chair has padded straps for easy portability.
In our analysis, the Rio Beach Safe-Adjust Lightweight Beach Chair placed 8th when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Keep fingers and hands safe with the patented SAFE-ADJUST armrest design. Featuring a 5 position easy-adjust recline with a lay flat option. Recline without the worry of getting your fingers or hands caught in the brackets. Includes an adjustable padded shoulder strap for customized comfort and a compact fold for portability. The lightweight, rust-proof aluminum frame weighs 7 lbs.
Lightweight Beach Chair Rankings
Spending a day at the beach is one of life’s most enjoyable pastimes. The sun, the sea and the sand are a delightful combination, and in order to get the most out of your time at the beach, you’ll want to supply yourself with a few essentials.
Along with your swimsuit, sunscreen, towels and umbrella, be sure to bring along a lightweight beach chair. This way, you can avoid sitting on the hot sand or a sandy beach towel. Plus, it’s ideal for those who have trouble getting up and down from a ground level.
There are many different varieties of lightweight beach chairs available. A classic beach chair is low to the ground. Many recline and have stable arm rests. Most classic beach chairs have weight capacities of between 200 and 300 pounds. They usually come in bright colors and fun patterns.
A chaise lounge is a longer chair on which you can fully stretch out your legs. It’s great for having a nap in the sun as it can fully recline. However, these chairs are less portable than the classic beach chair.
Zero-gravity chairs can recline and incline. They are ideal for those who want to relieve pressure in their spine. These are easier to carry than a chaise lounge, but not as convenient as a classic beach chair.
- Consider the height of the lightweight beach chair you’re thinking of purchasing. Ideally, it should be no more than 8 to 12 inches off the ground. The low profile of the chair enables you to fully stretch out your legs and recline in the chair to catch the rays.
- The material of the chair’s frame affects its durability and weight. Wood is a classic material that can be weather-resistant and long-lasting. Aluminum is another option that is sturdy and lightweight. They are typically rust-resistant and don’t require any maintenance. Steel frames that have been powder-coated are also durable and resistant to the elements.
- To make carrying easier, opt for a chair that comes with straps. You can find backpack-style straps or shoulder straps. This way, you can free up your hands to carry all your other must-haves for the beach.
- Many lightweight beach chairs have a towel bar at the back. This is a great bonus feature so you don’t have to place your towel on the sand.
- If you like to spend long days at the beach, look for a beach chair that has multiple reclining positions. This way, you can find a comfortable position for stretching out and relaxing without placing too much pressure on your back.