Rimmel Exaggerate Angled Tip Lip Liners, 2-Count
Last updated: May 31, 2023
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top Lip Liners and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Lip Liner you should buy.
You’ll get two lip liners in one pack with this option, which comes in 10 different colors. The angled tip helps make application easier. The formula is designed to keep lipstick from smudging or bleeding.
In our analysis, the Rimmel Exaggerate Angled Tip Lip Liners, 2-Count placed 7th when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Exaggerate Automatic Lip Liner is a soft-textured, fine-tipped lip liner that gives full volume color definition to the lips. Lips defined and colour protected!
Lip Liner Rankings
For many people, putting on makeup is an important part of a well-established morning routine. But did you know that wearing makeup may even boost your brain’s performance? One study published by Harvard showed that women students who put on makeup before taking a test performed better than those who didn’t. The thinking behind why this works is that wearing makeup gives you a slight boost in self-esteem that can help you tackle those demanding situations.
But one type of makeup can be easy to skip. While lipstick completes a fully made-up look, if you eat and drink throughout the day, you’ll usually have to reapply it multiple times. Luckily, in recent years, cosmetics manufacturers have come up with lip-coloring options that can outlast sips of beverages and light snacking.
The type of lipstick is only the start, though. Lip liner has long been popular for defining the lip line for a bolder look. But over the years, it’s become clear that lip liner can also extend the life of that lipstick you apply in the early morning hours. With the right lip liner, you’ll seal in the lip color and ensure it stays in place for hours.
But it’s important to look at the texture of the lip liner you choose. Traditional lip pencils were dry and the tips could even crumble if too much pressure was applied. Today, cosmetics manufacturers have advanced their formulas to create a creamy texture that feels and looks good once applied.
Thanks to formula advancements, lip liner doesn’t have to just outline the mouth. You can find lip liner that’s creamy enough to serve as both liner and lip color. The biggest benefit of going this route is that you’ll get long-lasting color, even as you’re drinking and eating during the day. This all-in-one solution also helps free up space in your makeup bag or purse.
- You don’t have to sharpen your lip-liner pencil with today’s options. You can find mechanical lip liners that you simply rotate upward. The only downside to this option is that you won’t be able to create as fine a line as you can with a sharpened lip pencil.
- You’ll find lip liners available in a variety of colors. There are also differing options when it comes to shades, though. Some prefer the bold look that comes from choosing a darker shade than that of their lipstick. Others like to match the lip liner to the lipstick color. But another option is to more closely match your own lips to keep things looking great even after your lipstick wears off.
- Many brands that make lip liner also sell lipstick, making it likely you’ll be able to find an exact match. But you don’t have to wear the same brand of each. You might find a lip liner you like in one brand and a lipstick that’s better in another.
- Make sure any lip liner you choose resists smudging. The point of lip liner is to keep your lipstick from smudging, so a lip liner that smudges won’t be of much help.
- Some lip liners are sold in sets. This will give you a backup for when your first pencil runs out, but you might also want to keep one at home and one in your purse for those quick touch-ups during the day.
- For creamier mechanical lip-liner pencils, an angled tip can help you get the detail you need.
- If you plan to wear lip liner without lipstick, look for one with a creamier texture to give your lips the moisture you need throughout the day.
- For best results, store your lip liner in a cool, dry area. This is especially important for creamier formulas. Heat and light can dry a lip liner out and start to dull its color over time.