Revlon Original 1.0 2-In-1 Volumizing Brush & Dryer Hair Tool
Last updated date: May 17, 2023
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Hair Tools and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Hair Tool you should buy.
Update as May 17, 2023:
Check out The Best Hair Tools for a detailed review of all the top hair tools.
Featuring special technologies to reduce damage, this electric round brush both gets your hair dried and styled. It's made to give you a smooth result and offers both cool and hot settings.In our analysis of 48 expert reviews, the Revlon Original 1.0 2-In-1 Volumizing Brush & Dryer Hair Tool placed 9th when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The Revlon one-step hair dryer and volumizer is a designed hot air brush to deliver gorgeous volume and brilliant shine in a single step. The unique non detachable oval brush design smooths hair while the rounded edges quickly create volume at the root for beautifully full-bodied bends at the ends in a single pass. The brush is designed with nylon pin and tufted bristles for detangling, improve volume and control. Styling flexibility with 3 heat/speed settings and a cool option. Built to provide just the right amount of heat. Unlike conventional hair dryers, this volumizer can be placed closer to the scalp for lift. Boosted by ionic technology through a built-in genuine ION generator, hair dries fast and helps reduce heat damage.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Hair Tool Rankings
Hair Tool Overview
While you could do your hair without them, hair tools can save time and offer flexibility whether you’re drying, straightening or curling your hair. When deciding which hair tools to add to your collection, you’ll want to consider your hair styling plans and preferences. In addition, keep in mind that hair tools are often versatile so that one item might both dry and style your hair, or a tool might handle both curling and straightening.
If you’re looking for a tool to dry your hair, you can choose from hair dryers in various sizes and with different speeds and wattages. You might opt for a lower-powered compact hair dryer with a couple of heat and speed settings for traveling. You can also choose from professional-level hair dryers that are powerful enough to dry your hair more quickly and come with concentrator and diffuser attachments for easy styling. If you want versatility, brush-shaped hair dryers are convenient for easy and quick blowouts.
Curling irons are a good choice whether you want light waves or defined curls. They most often come with single barrels in various sizes, where smaller barrels produce tighter curls and larger ones work for looser waves. However, you’ll also find multi-barreled options made for quickly making your hair wavy. When looking at curling irons, you’ll notice there may or may not be a clamp. Going with a clampless iron offers more flexibility for styling and can make your waves look more natural.
Flat irons are more versatile than curling irons since you can use one to both straighten and curl your hair with the right techniques. You’ll want to choose one with the right plate size for your hair length and texture. A one-inch plate works great for those with fine or short hair, while a wider plate suits thick or long hair. Some flat irons are labeled for use with either damp or dry hair and can save you some time.
While hairdryers, flat irons and curling irons are the most popular hair tools, you can also find specialty tools. For example, there are hair irons with special plates for making your hair crimped or wavy as well as electric paddle brushes that straighten dry hair without a traditional flat iron. You can even find special devices that you stick your hair inside to either automatically dry or style it.
- Always apply a heat protectant spray, cream or gel before using hair tools.
- When using a flat iron or curling iron, know how to set it to the right temperature for your hair’s type and condition. If you have damaged or thin hair, avoid going higher than 300 degrees Fahrenheit. On the other hand, you might need to set your tool to at least 350 degrees Fahrenheit if you have very curly or coarse hair. A temperature of 300 to 380 degrees Fahrenheit is a good option for medium hair without damage.
- If you want better results, you should section your hair using clips before you dry or style it. You’ll then want to avoid taking too large sections at a time or going over the same strands for too long.
- You’ll find that hair tools vary in the heat settings they offer. It’s helpful to choose a product that has the right temperature ranges for your needs and that is easy to control. In the case of hair dryers, you’ll need to consider the drying speeds too since some only have low and high speeds and skip the medium option.
- Don’t forget to apply the right hair products for the desired results. For example, if you want sleek hair and plan to use a flat iron, add in a smoothing cream. If you’re aiming for curls, consider a curl enhancer if you have them naturally or a mouse if you’ll be using a curling iron.
- Even if your hair tool says you can use it on wet hair, try to let your hair air dry until it’s slightly damp. This can help reduce your styling time and reduce damage. In addition, avoid using a hair tool on damp or wet hair if it’s not labeled for that purpose.