Retrospec Metal Detachable Bike Basket
Last updated date: September 12, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Bike Baskets and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Bike Basket you should buy.
Update as September 10, 2021:
Checkout The Best Bike Basket for a detailed review of all the top bike baskets.
This bike basket fits most standard bikes and has a set of hanging hooks that allow it to quickly be placed on or off your bike. It's constructed from a weather-proof steel, which is helpful if a storm pops up during your ride. Thanks to the included handle, this basket can also be carried to a picnic area if desired.
In our analysis of 26 expert reviews, the Retrospec Metal Detachable Bike Basket placed 1st when we looked at the top 14 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
This is the Apollo-Lite, a sleeker version of our Apollo basket. It may be more slender than its predecessor but it certainly doesn’t lack any of its brawn. It’s made of the same indestructible steel. It’s weather proof and powder-coated, which means it’ll last. The integrated metal hooks attach to the handlebars of your bike and stay there. Throw a slew of school supplies and study materials in your basket for your ride to class. Once you arrive at the ivy-adorned brick building, grab the handle on your basket, lift it off your bike, and carry it inside. With one swift motion, your basket transforms from simple bike accessory to indispensable campus gear. Commuting home from work? No problem. Use this incredibly versatile bicycle basket as a grocery basket at your local market. When your inner gourmet is satisfied, replace the basket on the handlebars of your bike and get on your way. It measures 14.5” across, so it’ll accommodate a lot of stuff. Cruising down to the beach? Great. Load up all of your beach things in your basket! This basket can be used on most adult bikes, most children bikes, and wheelchairs. Not only is this basket made to withstand daily use, but it’s also lightweight so it doesn’t weigh you down.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Bike Baskets
If you’re looking to add more functionality to your bicycle, you’ll want to purchase and install a bike basket. This handy tool allows you to travel with your favorite items or stop by the local produce stand to pick up some fresh fruits and vegetables for dinner. As you shop for the best bike basket on the market, you’ll want to keep the following features in mind.
Start off examining the material the bike basket is made out of. There are models made from a thickly woven lacak rattan, as well as baskets constructed from a durable metal that won’t rust. You can even get a high-quality plastic basket that folds up flat when not in use for easy storage. This type of basket has the added feature of a handle pull and two back wheels.
Determine whether you want the bike basket to attach to the front of your bicycle’s handlebars or just behind the bicycle’s seat. Most front baskets are easy to install and remove, as they just use a few adjustable straps. That allows a person to take the basket off the handlebars and bring it in the store to pick up a few items. A rear mount is a bit more complex in its installation and is a better choice when transporting cargo.
Check that the items in your basket are going to be secure. For example some baskets come with a cargo net that can be placed over the top opening of the basket to prevent the basket’s contents from falling out. This type of basket sometimes even comes with a waterproof rain cover that doubles as a basket liner.
Consider any extras that the bike basket may have to offer. The Schwinn Quick Release Wire Bike Basket is made with an ergonomic handle, while the MATTISAM Insulated Mesh Pocket Handlebar Bike Basket has an insulated middle, upper cell phone pouch and two side mesh pockets.
The Bike Basket Buying Guide
- Check to make sure the bike basket is secure before you use it for the first time. You don’t want to travel across a bumpy road and have the basket come loose.
- If you no longer need the basket for your bicycle, you can re-purpose it to give it new life. Wicker baskets can be used in a kitchen to hold a sack of potatoes or a bag of onions, while wire baskets are perfect for keeping tools organized in a garage. Should your bike basket be insulated, you can use it to keep your lunch fresh while enjoying a fun day at the beach with the family.
- Dog owners will need a special bike basket that comes with a lease or harness attachment. Don’t use a traditional basket to take your dog for a ride, as the pup may become distracted by another animal and jump out of the basket.
- Bike baskets are a great way to help children to get a little exercise by going for a ride on their bicycles. The baskets can be used to hold their favorite toy, like a baby doll, or a piece of sporting equipment, like a baseball glove.
- The cost of a bike basket is dependent on the type of material it’s made out of, where the basket is to be mounted and any extra features that the basket may have. You’ll find the Schwinn Quick Release Wire Bike Basket comes in at the lowest price. The MATTISAM Insulated Mesh Pocket Handlebar Bike Basket has an average price tag, while baskets with a special foldable design cost the most.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide