Retrospec Machine Washable Cover Meditation Cushion
Last updated date: March 28, 2023
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Meditation Cushions and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Meditation Cushion you should buy.
Update as March 28, 2023:
Checkout The Best Meditation Cushion for a detailed review of all the top meditation cushions.
Portable and lightweight, this meditation cushion can go with you everywhere you go, thanks to the built-in handle. It’s available in a variety of colors, from neutrals to blue or purple. The exterior is made from 100 percent cotton and can be removed and machine washed on cold.
In our analysis, the Retrospec Retrospec Machine Washable Cover Meditation Cushion placed 4th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
MULTIFUNCTIONAL MEDITATION CUSHION: Use Sedona as a firm pillow, yoga Block, or other uses in your everyday life and wellness routine. Easily transport Sedona wherever your practice takes you with its built-in strap. NO SYNTHETIC FIBERS: Sedona’s removable, machine-washable exterior is made with 100% cotton to prevent any micro plastics from entering the environment when washed. ADJUSTABLE FIRMNESS: Sedona’s core composes of 100% sustainably sourced buckwheat. To change the density, simply unzip the interior cotton cover and add or remove hulls to achieve desired firmness. BETTER YOUR PRACTICE: Include Retrospec Sedona meditation cushion into your routine to reduce fatigue, improve posture, and promote longer, deeper meditations. DIMENSIONS: Measures 13” x 13” x 4. 5” for our round safe shape, and 17″ X 10. 5″ X 5. 5″ For our crescent form. Perfect fit and size to relieve joint stress and provide spine support while you master your practice.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Meditation Cushions
Meditation has evolved over the years. What was once considered a spiritual and self-actualizing process is now being looked at as bringing health benefits. Some research indicates that meditation can help with not only understanding how you think, but eventually starting to control it.
But no matter how you use meditation, the fact remains that it brings some mental health benefits. Maybe you use it to relax when things get stressful, or perhaps you simply like to center yourself and live in the moment. Setting some time aside each day to meditate can help you tackle the day’s challenges.
You can meditate at any time, anywhere. You might enjoy a brief bout of mindfulness while waiting patiently at a traffic light, for instance. Or maybe you take a few minutes to center yourself after a particularly dramatic interaction at work. For many, though, meditation means setting quiet time aside each day in a designated space.
Comfort is important in meditation. If you’re seated on a hardwood floor, wearing uncomfortable clothing, you might find it tough to focus. Thoughts of the pain certain parts of your body are suffering will threaten to take over. Investing in loose, comfortable clothing that you can wear while meditating can put you on the right path.
Once you’ve squared away clothing options, you’ll need a good place to sit. Meditation doesn’t have to be performed while seated cross-legged on the floor. The truth is, you can meditate in any position, whether it’s standing, seated or lying down. Many prefer the classic lotus pose, though, and often this means sitting on a floor. Even if you have carpeting or a rug to cushion your seat, though, this can become uncomfortable over the course of a session.
That’s where a good cushion can help. The best meditation cushions not only provide protection between you and a hard surface, but they also encourage good posture to make sure you’re getting the most from each session.
The Meditation Cushion Buying Guide
- If you’re new to meditation, don’t give up. Meditation can take a while to show regular benefits. Studies vary, but some say it takes a month of regular practice while others say it takes two months or longer.
- Meditation cushions aren’t just for meditation sessions. You can use them for sitting on a floor or less-than-comfortable seat. They’re usually small and portable, making them great for taking on the go with you. Some find the smaller build makes them ideal for supporting certain areas while sleeping.
- It’s important to pay attention to the type of filler you’re getting with a meditation cushion. Some can be removed to lessen the amount of stuffing inside. This can help you customize the fit to your preferences.
- With some meditation cushions, you can remove the cover and toss it in the washer. Pay attention to the care instructions. In many cases, you’ll want to machine wash on cold and line dry.
- If environmental consciousness is important to you, you can find meditation cushions made from sustainably sourced materials. Also, look for materials that minimize the use of chemicals and dyes if you’re sensitive to those.
- The look of meditation cushions can vary significantly. You can find them in bright colors, neutrals and everything in between. Some even feature fun designs designed to inspire and motivate you.
- If you meditate outside the home, a portable meditation cushion can come in handy. Look for a lightweight build and a handle that will make it easy to carry.
- Pay attention to the weight capacity of the meditation cushion you choose. Some are limited.
- You may notice some meditation cushions are round, while others are crescent-shaped. Round cushions can support your back while also protecting you from the floor beneath, but crescent-shaped cushions are designed to support your hips and legs while you’re using them.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide