Retrospec Commuter Bike Helmet
Last updated date: May 16, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Adult Bike Helmets and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Adult Bike Helmet you should buy.
Editor's Note May 28, 2020:
Checkout The Best Adult Bike Helmet for a detailed review of all the top adult bike helmets.
The Retrospec Commuter Bike Helmet has fully formed ABS which surround high-quality EPS foam to provide safety on impact. The helmet has eight vents for ventilation.
In our analysis of 59 expert reviews, the Retrospec Retrospec Commuter Bike Helmet placed 4th when we looked at the top 5 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Retrospec CM-1 helmet has arrived and is ready to keep you safe. The classic skate design complements its ultimate head protection. Our helmets are US CPSC certified for virtually all of your action sport shenanigans. Hard and fully formed ABS surrounds high quality EPS foam to absorb shock on impact and keep you safe. Six rectangular vents on top facilitate thorough ventilation throughout your helmet. Cool, fresh air rushes in and pushes out stuffy, stagnant air to keep you cool, dry, and comfortable. Our ultralight CM-1 helmet also comes with 2 sets of inner pads that vary in thickness for you to customize your fit and optimize your comfort.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
An Overview On Adult Bike Helmets
Wearing a bike helmet is an excellent way to ensure you stay safe on your adventure. While all bike helmets in the U.S. need to meet the same high standards for impact protection, there is still a lot of variety between brands and styles.
When you’re selecting a bike helmet, the most important thing to consider is how it fits. A bike helmet that does fit properly may cause you more pain and injury during a crash. Be sure to find a helmet that fits snugly and is easily adjustable. Measure the circumference of your head to see which size you need for your helmet. When you’re wearing your helmet, be sure to adjust the tightness. You may need to open the adjustment wheel fully when you place the helmet on your head, and then tighten it to fit you.
The chin strap also needs to fit snugly, but not too tightly. You should be able to comfortably open your mouth wide with the chin strap buckled. If it feels too tight, you will need to loosen the strap slightly. Keep in mind that brand sizing for helmets vary, so always measure your head circumference first. If you find that you’re between sizes, then opt for the smaller size, which will give you a better fit.
In addition to how the helmet fits, you’ll want to consider the features the helmet provides. Ventilation is important for some riders because it helps keep you cooler and more comfortable. The number of vents also affects how heavy the helmet will be. Some riders prefer to have a visor on their helmet, helping to keep the sun out of their eyes. If you like to film your adventures, you may want a bike helmet that has mount compatibility for a light or a camera.
The Adult Bike Helmet Buying Guide
- The fit is the primary factor to consider when selecting your bike helmet. The fit affects not only the level of comfort but the level of safety your helmet provides. Be sure to measure your head circumference when selecting your helmet size, and keep in mind that different brands may have a variance in sizes. Be sure to check for several adjustability features so you can customize the fit of your helmet for your head. The Schwinn Lightweight Bike Helmet has a suggested head circumference of 22.88-24.5 inches. It also has a dial-adjustable fit system plus full-range padding to ensure a customized fit. The Thousand Anti-Theft Bike Helmet is available in small, medium and large sizes. The helmet has two sets of interior padding to ensure a comfortable and custom fit. The Zacro Bike Helmet has an adjustable 54-62 centimeter size, with adjustable straps for comfort and safety. The Retrospec Commuter Bike Helmet comes in small, medium and large sizes, with adjustable straps.
- The sole purpose of a bike helmet is to protect your head from impact if you fall off your bike. Because of this, it’s important to consider the kind of safety features your helmet has and whether they meet the needs of the kind of rider you are. Most helmets have two separate parts, the plastic shell and the interior liner. The goal of the plastic shell is to provide puncture resistance and protect your head by sliding on impact. The liner’s role is to slow down the movement of your head and dissipate the force of the impact. The Zacro Bike Helmet contains PVC, PC and EPS foam material to reduce the force of the impact if there is a collision. The Retrospec Commuter Bike Helmet has fully formed ABS, which surrounds high-quality EPS foam to ensure your safety upon impact.
- Riding your bike will cause you to sweat, so many riders prefer to have a bike helmet with a well-constructed ventilation system. You don’t want to be dripping with sweat during your ride, then ventilation in your helmet can help to keep you cool and comfortable. The Schwinn Lightweight Bike Helmet has 20 top air vents that provide crucial ventilation to help keep you from overheating. The Zacro Bike Helmet has a special aerodynamic design that increases ventilation in the helmet. The Retrospec Commuter Bike Helmet has eight vents throughout the helmet to help keep you cool.
- Whether you’re riding your bike around town or taking it off-roading, you may want to consider anti-theft features of your helmet. While it’s convenient in some situations to take your helmet with you after you have locked your bike, you may also want the option to leave your helmet with your bike — and know that it’s going to be there when you get back. The Thousand Anti-Theft Bike Helmet has a secret pop lock that enables you to lock your helmet up with your bicycle with an anti-theft guarantee.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide