Restore Gut Health Supplement
Last updated date: November 7, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Digestive Health Supplements and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Digestive Health Supplement you should buy.
Using fossilized soil from pre-human earth, this liquid supplement does more than add good bacteria to your gut. It also alleviates gluten sensitivity, enhances mental clarity, and enhances your immune system. By encouraging better cell-to-cell communication, it contributes to complete well-being. In our analysis of 33 expert reviews, the Restore Restore Gut Health Supplement placed 5th when we looked at the top 5 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note November 7, 2019:
Checkout The Best Digestive Health Supplement for a detailed review of all the top digestive health supplements.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Restore Gut Health Dietary Supplement Want to feel good and think more clearly? Start in your gut. RESTORE keeps your body and mind functioning at peak performance by helping to shield your entire system from the damage caused by an unavoidably unnatural environment. RESTORE goes beyond probiotics and helps your body thrive the way Mother Nature intended. RESTORE helps shield your system from toxins that can cause inflammation, which is the root cause of many conditions. This means that RESTORE has many benefits which usually differ from person to person. These are some of the most commonly experienced benefits: GLYPHOSATE DAMAGE TO TIGHT JUNCTIONS Without Restore 2 minutes Without Restore 10 minutes With Restore 2 minutes With Restore 10 minutes Without RESTORE at 2 minutes Without RESTORE at 10 minutes With RESTORE at 2 minutes With RESTORE at 10 minutes How it Works You are probably well aware of the toxicity of our modern world. Glyphosate and other harmful chemicals are everywhere: the food we eat, the water we drink, the air we breathe. Armed with this knowledge, the question of how to protect yourself suddenly seems very complicated. While the science behind how RESTORE works is anything but simple, the idea behind it is quite straightforward: start with tight junction function, the rest will follow. Tight junctions (the seals between cells) fortify our gut linings. Good health depends entirely on the gut, and a healthy gut depends on tight junction integrity. When tight junctions are exposed to glyphosate and other ubiquitous environmental toxins, they break apart, allowing foreign particles to invade the bloodstream. This compromises your immune system. RESTORE helps maintain tight junction integrity, pure and simple. This encourages better cell-to-cell communication, a more diverse microbiome, and a protected immune system. What follows amounts to nothing short of complete well-being. The Benefits of RESTORE RESTORE | Alleviates Gluten Sensitivity RESTORE Gut-Brain Health | Enhances Mental Clarity RESTORE Gut-Brain Health | Promotes Sleep RESTORE Gut-Brain Health | Strengthens Digestion & Metabolism Alleviates Gluten Sensitivity Enhances Mental Clarity Promotes Sleep Strengthens Digestion & Metabolism Restore | Gut-Brain Health Powered by Mother Nature, Optimized by Science Your gut is the epicenter of your health. RESTORE is a unique and proprietary blend of all-natural ancient soil extracts that works to fortify your gut membrane and optimize your gut-brain connection. It promotes an optimal immune response, alleviates gluten sensitivity, enhances mental clarity, promotes sleep, and strengthens digestion and metabolism. What is RESTORE, and what does it do? Our food, water, and air are full of manmade toxins. RESTORE is procured from the age when our Earth was teeming with dense, nutrient-rich vegetation. In the face of near constant exposure to pollutants and pesticides, this ancient gift is the key to maintaining a healthy life. RESTORE harnesses the potential of ancient Earth to nourish the potential that lies within the human body and mind. RESTORE is a unique blend of all-natural ancient soil extracts that works to fortify your gut membrane and optimize your gut-brain connection. It promotes gut health, alleviates gluten sensitivity, enhances mental clarity, promotes sleep, and strengthens digestion and metabolism. Love & Gratitude In Action RESTORE is made with love & gratitude in Charlottesville, Virginia. By purchasing RESTORE products, you are actively participating in our mission to help create a healthy and sustainable planet.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Digestive Health Supplements
If you’re having stomach issues, a digestive health supplement might just be your savior. Digestive health supplements, also sometimes referred to as probiotics, are live, good-for-you bacteria that, among other things, help send food through your digestive system and contribute to digestive health and wellness.
Your body is full of bacteria — both good and bad — and having the right balance is the key to optimal human health. You can up the amount of good bacteria in your gut through fermented food, like yogurt or kimchi, or through supplements (or both).
Supplements are the most reliable way to get good bacteria into your gastrointestinal system. Health coach and registered dietitian Jessica Cording says that while you can obtain probiotics through fermented foods, supplements are recommended to cover gaps in the diet and reliably address health concerns.
Cording says they can address health concerns like diarrhea, constipation or bloating, and some practitioners may recommend them to support other treatments for specific conditions. Having the right combination of gut bacteria is linked to several health benefits, including weight loss, improved digestion, enhanced immune systems and even healthier skin.
Probiotics come from different sources. Check the label on your probiotic supplement if you have dietary restrictions or allergies. For example, the Restore Gut Health Supplement is vegan, gluten-free and GMO-free. However, the Ancient Nutrition Multi Collagen Protein Supplement contains animal products and is not suitable for vegans, vegetarians or those with seafood allergies. Always do your research before you buy.
Probiotic supplements are also recommended when someone is on antibiotics.
“Those medications kill the bad bacteria but also the good, so supplementing probiotics helps repopulate the GI tract with the beneficial bacteria,” Cording says.
As you browse the shelves at your local pharmacy or health food store, you can find probiotic supplements in a variety of forms. Consider probiotic powders, liquid and capsule supplements and consider ease of use when choosing which form to buy.
Powders and liquids can be added to juices or smoothies for an added health boost. The odorless Ancient Nutrition Multi Collagen Powder, for example, is easily added to foods and beverages with a neutral taste and minimal impact on flavor. Some reviewers noted a strange taste and smell, but the company assures that any flavored food or beverage will mask that. Fruity smoothies, in particular, do a great job at hiding not-so-great flavors, so make sure to add a scoop of probiotics into your blender the next time you whip one up.
Capsules, on the other hand, can be taken anywhere, anytime. That makes them great for the health-conscious but always-on-the-go consumer. You can take your daily dose before you rush out the door in the morning, or keep a stash in your office. This form of supplement is the ultimate convenience.
DWYM Fun Fact
Probiotics have a rich history. The ancient Greeks and Romans understood the health impact of probiotics, and often consumed cheese and fermented foods to reap their benefits. But the modern history of probiotics began in the 1900s when a Russian scientist, Elie Metchnikoff, began researching their effect on human health.
Metchnikoff associated the longevity of rural Bulgarian people to the regular consumption of fermented dairy products like yogurt. He then linked this to a specific bacteria strain found in the food, and suggested that it may inhibit the bodily process that contributes to illness and aging.
This theory led to the creation and development of the first dairy industry in Europe to utilize fermented milk. But scientists generally lacked interest in the science behind probiotics.
In the 1990s, a new generation of technologically advanced scientists began researching the gut microbiome. And in 2001, the World Health Organization issued a formal definition of the term probiotic, which kickstarted more research.
As scientists learned about individual microbial strains, the probiotics industry began blossoming. Now, it’s difficult to resist their promised health benefits. Scientists were able to separate strains and transform them into supplements, like the ones we see on our health food store shelves today.
The Digestive Health Supplement Buying Guide
- Always consult your doctor before trying a probiotic supplement, no matter how good-for-you one sounds. It’s important to understand how specific strains will impact you, and sometimes they can have unpleasant side effects. Your primary care doctor will be able to look at your past and present ailments and point you towards the best supplement for your body.
- When you’re not using your supplements, store them in a cool, dry place. Some supplements require refrigeration, so be sure to check the instructions on the packaging before storing.
- Capsules are great for traveling. If you’re headed on a trip but want to make sure your health is in tip-top shape, consider opting for a capsule probiotic supplement like the ones from MAV Nutrition or Onnit. The Onnit Total Gut Health Supplement even comes with individually packaged servings, so you can easily tuck it into your suitcase.
- Some strains of probiotics are heart-healthy. They can lower your body’s blood pressure and LDL, also known has bad cholesterol, by breaking down bile in your gastrointestinal system.
- If you have allergies, you may be in luck. Try a probiotic supplement. Some strains may reduce the severity of allergic reactions.
- Price is always a factor when considering a new purchase. But keep ingredients in mind, too, and make sure you’re getting a healthy supplement for your money. Compare different brands to find the best bang for your buck, and ask your doctor for tips to help you along the way. Often the less processed probiotic supplements are the least costly. That’s why the liquid Restore Gut Health Supplement is a more affordable pick.
- Consider ease of use when selecting your probiotic supplement. If you like to drink healthy smoothies or shakes for breakfast, a powder formula may be your best bet. On the other hand, if you prefer grab-and-go options, choose a capsule supplement. Sustainable supplement habits depend on your lifestyle.
- Losing weight is often associated with taking probiotic supplements since they help with digestion and promote regular bowel movements. Reviewers like the Ancient Nutrition Multi Collagen Protein Supplement for that reason. It contains a hefty amount of protein with very little calories, making the powder a great addition to a post-workout shake to replace your usual protein powder.
- Some supplements offer health benefits beyond those related to probiotics. The Restore Gut Health Supplement alleviates gluten sensitivity, enhances mental clarity, and strengthens immune function. Because it’s at a relatively low price point, this supplement is a great choice if you want to maximize health benefits.
- There are different types of probiotic strains that each come with different benefits. The most common probiotic strain is called Lactobacillus, which is the type often found in foods like yogurt, sauerkraut and kimchi. Cording says each type does something slightly different, so having a variety of strains in your supplement allows you to cover more bases. The Onnit Total Gut Health supplement has five strains of probiotics, prebiotics, and enzymes to protect against all your digestion woes.
- Government regulation of probiotics in the U.S. is complex. Some supplements are FDA approved, while many are not and they’re sold as dietary supplements, which do not require FDA approval before they are marketed. All of our favorites in this list have a disclaimer saying the statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
- Being inundated with a cold is never fun. And who has time for that? Definitely not you. Probiotics to the rescue! Probiotics can help boost your immune system and some have been shown to promote the production of your body’s natural cold-fighting antibodies.
- Look at ingredients to get the highest-quality supplement. If eating organic is important to you, the MAV Nutrition Probiotics + Prebiotics Supplement is a good choice because it contains all organic components.
- Probiotic supplements are generally considered safe by health experts because they already exist naturally in the body. But they could cause side effects, especially within the first few days of taking them. Those could include allergic reactions, mild stomach upset, diarrhea, and bloating.
- Probiotics can improve some mental health issues. Research shows that taking probiotics may help to alleviate symptoms of mental health disorders like depression, anxiety, and stress.
- While you might find them on the same shelf at the store, prebiotics are not the same as probiotics. Prebiotics don’t actually contain bacteria. They are nondigestible food components from foods like bananas, onions, garlic, beans, and more. Prebiotic fiber travels through the small intestine undigested and is then fermented when it reaches the large colon. The fermentation process feeds beneficial bacteria colonies (like probiotics) and helps to increase the amount of good-for-you bacteria in your GI tract. The supplement from MAV Nutrition has both prebiotics and probiotics that work together.