Remington All-In-1 Lithium Powered Beard & Grooming Kit
Last updated date: May 7, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Beard Trimmers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Beard Trimmer you should buy.
Durable is the best word to describe the Remington All-In-1 Lithium Beard & Grooming Kit, which features surgical steel blades. The blades are even self sharpening, which means they don't require much maintenance. Users will appreciate the kit's washable attachments and handy storage bag. In our analysis of 73 expert reviews, the Remington Remington All-In-1 Lithium Beard & Grooming Kit placed 3rd when we looked at the top 14 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note May 21, 2020:
Checkout The Best Beard Trimmer for a detailed review of all the top beard trimmers.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
The REMINGTON All-In-One Grooming Kit gives you the power of precision with complete versatility for all of your grooming needs. The kit includes: a full- size trimmer; foil shaver; nose, ear and detail trimmer; hair clipper comb with 8 length settings; three beard and stubble combs; and a storage/travel pouch. The rechargeable lithium battery provides up to 70 minutes of cordless runtime. Achieve the style you desire with self-sharpening, surgical steel blades that stay sharp and are long-lasting. The textured grip fits firmly in your hand for ultimate control at any angle. The washable attachments can be rinsed under a faucet for easy cleaning.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Beard Trimmers
Keeping your beard neat and tidy can be tough work. But with the right tool, you’ll be able to quickly get that look you want. Today’s beard trimmers go beyond facial hair. Many come with attachments that help you trim your hair and mustache, as well as tools that let you control the length of the hair you’re trimming.
But beard trimmers can have a variety of features that make them stand out. One consideration is the motor, which determines how much power your razor will have. You’ll also be able to use some beard trimmers in the shower, cutting down on the time it will take to get ready each morning. As you look at the features, decide which ones matter most to you and choose accordingly.
In addition to trimming length attachments, some beard trimmers provide different trimming heads. You may also get a freebie, like a nose trimmer, along with your order, which will provide an all-in-one solution. Lastly, accessories like carrying cases can be very useful in keeping things together, so consider that a perk while you’re shopping.
You’ll also notice that some beard trimmers are cordless, while others are corded. On the surface, the cordless models seem much more convenient since you won’t be limited to a certain distance from a power plug. It’s important to keep in mind, though, that battery-powered trimmers need charging, and you’ll only be able to use your trimmer for a limited time before putting it back on the charger.
If you do choose a battery-operated model, weigh the benefits of one with a warning light that lets you know when the battery is nearing depletion. This will keep you from having to deal with that sudden battery drain when you most need your trimmer to work. If you plan to only use your trimmer for a few minutes each time, this may not be as important. But if you’re on the road and away from your charger, you may find yourself pushing your trimmer’s battery to its limits.
DWYM Fun Fact
Facial hair fashions come and go over the years, but beards seem to always stick around. Today’s hipster beards replaced the shorter, less obvious beards of the years that preceded them, but facial hair has long been part of society in one way or another. One piece of news that had the bearded community outraged suggested that men with facial hair were more prone to bacteria. The news mobilized facial hair enthusiasts so much, they set out to prove it wrong. That prompted a newer, much more comprehensive study that found that clean-shaven men were actually more susceptible to the bacteria in the air all around them.
The Beard Trimmer Buying Guide
- Few things can be as frustrating as trying to trim your beard, only to find your razor isn’t making any difference at all. True cutting power is a combination of a sharp blade and a strong motor, which can help with even the thickest hair growth. The Wahl Groomsman Rechargeable Beard Trimmer uses patented Wahl blades, which are made from precision-ground carbon steel, backed by a motor strong enough to power through. The Remington All-In-1 Lithium Beard & Grooming Kit uses self-sharpening surgical steel blades that are situated at the perfect angle for facial hair.
- Noise can be important, especially if you’re trimming early in the morning when everyone else is asleep. Look for a trimmer that has a powerful motor but still maintains a low noise level.
- Grip becomes increasingly important while you work on cleaning up your facial hair. Consider a trimmer with a non-slip body with a rubber grip that keeps you comfortable while also giving you the control you need.
- Weight is also an important factor. The Philips Norelco Multigroom Beard Grooming Kit is lightweight, which makes a big difference if it’s taking a while.
- Cleaning is always a little extra work with a beard trimmer. Some beard trimmers have a built-in water drain. Just open the drain and let the water flow through.
- Cordless trimmers have their benefits, but having a cord can come in handy, as well. You won’t have to worry about your battery running out before you finish. So unless you plan to wander around while trimming, this could be a handy feature to have.
- For cordless trimmers, you’ll need to pay close attention to charging time and battery life. Certain trimmers can charge in just one minute if all you need is a quick shave. The SUPRENT All-In-1 Beard Trimmer takes a while to charge, but you’ll get 70 minutes of use after a full charge. Other models will need to charge at least overnight before you can use them, providing just 35 minutes of use after a 10-hour charge.
- One downside to a battery-powered device is the fact that without warning, you’ll lose juice just when you need it. The SUPRENT All-In-1 Beard Trimmer has a smart LED that blinks as your battery runs down, but this isn’t always dependable.
- Attachments are an important part of a beard trimmer. The Remington All-In-1 Lithium Beard & Grooming Kit comes with three different attachment heads and eight clipper combs. The Wahl Groomsman Rechargeable Beard Trimmer comes with a full suite of accessories, including a nose and ear hair trimmer, trimming and stubble guards, an accessory storage bag and a cleaning brush.
- If you haven’t bought a new beard trimmer in a while, you may not have one with a dial that makes it easy to change trim length. There are beard trimmers with dials that let you choose between 19 different settings.
- With most trimmers, you’ll merely need to clean them out and put them back on the charger. However, some trimmers will require occasional maintenance using the oil included in the package. You’ll get hair pulling if you go too long without doing this. Of course, you can always go with a model that doesn’t require oil.