Regalo 6-Panel My Portable Washable Playard Kit
Last updated date: September 17, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Playards and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Playard you should buy.
The frame of this playard has an all-steel construction, making it sturdy and likely to last through many years. Setup is easy, thanks to a a double-locking mechanism that you can operate using only your foot. It includes a carrying case that has an arm strap to make it portable. In our analysis of 61 expert reviews, the Regalo Regalo 6-Panel My Portable Washable Playard Kit placed 3rd when we looked at the top 6 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note September 17, 2020:
Checkout The Best Playard for a detailed review of all the top playards.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
If you're looking for a play yard for your little one that is truly portable, check out the Regale Six Panel My Play Portable Play Yard. Creating a safe play area for your child in seconds, the lightweight, foldable, play yard is ideal for at home, when traveling, at the park or a day at the beach. Boasting an all-steel construction, this attractive play yard measures 48" wide and 26" high and was built with durability and strength in mind. Equipped with soft, ventilating mesh sides and an easy cleaning nylon bottom, the yard easily accommodates children between 6-24 months. Taking only a minute to set up, the portable play yard is ideal for indoor and outdoor use for the on-the-go family. Do not use abrasive cleaners or bleach. Clean by sponging with warm water and a mild detergent. Do not machine wash. This play yard has been certified by the Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association (JPMA). It also meets the safety standards set by the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM).
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Playards
You can’t keep eyes on your baby 24 hours a day. Infants and toddlers need room to play and move around and doing so can easily get them into trouble. Even if you’ve baby-proofed your house, things can happen.
That’s where a playard comes in. Earlier generations called them playpens, but a brand called Pack ‘N’ Play, manufactured by Graco, transformed the concept of a playpen. Instead of being confined to your home, Pack ‘N’ Plays allowed parents to fold up their playpens and take them on the go. But today, Graco isn’t the only manufacturer making this type of product, so to get a true picture of the market, you’ll need to use the product name “playard.”
Like a playpen, a playard gives babies a small, safe space for them to play freely. Think of it as a gated area, only the gate is a soft, safe mesh, and instead of crawling around on the floor, babies get a soft flooring to crawl around on. But perhaps the best thing about playards is they don’t limit you to one small area of your home. They’re built to easily fold up so that you can take them on the go with you.
You aren’t limited to inside play areas with playards, either. You can find some that can be used either outdoors or inside, making them much more versatile than the playpens your grandparents and their parents used. The mesh walls of playards also ensure airflow gets through, which keeps your little ones from being confined between walls that restrict the oxygen they breathe.
But as with almost every other baby product, playards come in a wide variety, with each offering its own unique features. You may find you love the ease of cleaning one playard, only to discover that a competitor has a more comfortable mattress or better safety features. That’s why it’s important to shop around until you find the playard that has everything you need.
DWYM Fun Fact
Playpens have a long history. In fact, they’re believed to have gotten their beginnings when primitive moms realized they could confine babies to a corner of the cave using a barrier, effectively keeping them safe. But as a commercial product, playpens weren’t popularized until the late 1800s, when they were referred to as a “baby cage.” These cages more closely resembled a walker than a playpen, though. That version could double as a cot. A later version was an adjustable cot that could double as a playpen and a go-cart. The first known use of the term playpen was seen in a 1931 ad in the Daily Express, which referred to “play-pens in best hardwood.”
The Playard Buying Guide
- One thing many playards offer that playpens didn’t is portability. You’ll find most fold down, with some even coming with storage bags that you can use for carrying. Look at the folding mechanism. The best ones make it easy to set up and break down, taking mere seconds. Some even let you do the setup and breakdown work through the use of a foot pedal, which comes in handy if you’re holding a baby.
- If you opt for a playard with a storage bag, make sure it has a storage strap that makes it easy to tote around.
- Some playards have something called a “bassinet feature,” which simply means you can lower and raise the sleeping area by adjusting it. This can make it easier to pick up and put down your baby.
- If you plan to regularly take your playard on the go with you, look for one that has a changing area built in.
- Safety features are important with any product geared toward children. Check to make sure the mattress will be secure and that all parts of the frame are sufficiently padded to reduce the risk of injury.
- As useful as playards can be, it’s still important to keep an eye on an infant or toddler, even when in a confined area.
- Durability is important, too. The frame needs to be built to last. If you plan to use your playard outside, make sure you buy one that can weather sun, humidity and even a surprise rainstorm.
- You’ll need to clean the playard. In fact, you’ll probably find cleanup is necessary on a fairly regular basis. Having one with a cover for the mattress area can be valuable since you can simply remove the cover and wash it as needed. But it can also be nice to have one made of material like nylon that can simply be wiped down with a damp, slightly soapy washcloth when needed.