Redneck Convent 3-Prong Spring Handle Fire Pit Tongs & Poker
Last updated date: October 27, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Fire Pit Tongs and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Fire Pit Tong you should buy.
Update as November 23, 2020:
Checkout The Best Fire Pit Tongs for a detailed review of all the top fire pit tongs.
In our analysis, the Redneck Convent Redneck Convent 3-Prong Spring Handle Fire Pit Tongs & Poker placed 8th when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
ONE-HAND OPERATION: The Redneck Convent Heavy-Duty Log Grabber Fire Tongs Poker Tool with Spring Handle and 3 Prong, 36” Inch – Place Wood on Campfire Fireplace allows you to keep your hands 36 inches (91.4cm) away from the fire while turning firewood logs; Spring lever action handle opens on its own when you release tension on the lever so you do not have to pull it apart with both hands; Simply grab logs and adjust them with one hand. KEEP HANDS SAFE: 36-inch / 3-foot (31.4cm / 0.9m) overall length; 4.5-inch long x 1-inch diameter (11.4cm x 2.5cm) rubber grip handle stays cool to the touch for safety and ultimate comfort; Do not risk getting burned at your next outdoor gathering around the fire pit and use this grabber to keep away from the flames while still moving logs and controlling the flames. GRAB LARGE LOGS: Picks up logs up to 5 inches (12.7cm) in diameter; Grabber hooks have 5-inch (12.7) inside diameter (ID) when opened wide; 7-inch (17.8cm) long curved grabber hooks for moving logs to fire pit and turning logs in fire. BUILT TO LAST: All steel construction with black powder coat finish for added strength and longevity when used both indoors and outdoors; Use for campfire pits, smokers, or fireplaces. SECURE GRIP: Grabber includes 3 tongs – 1 on the right, 1 on the left, and 1 on the opposite side that moves into the center between left and right tongs when spring lever is pressed so you have a sure grip and ultimate control.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Fire Pit Tongs
A pair of log tongs, tweezers or grabbers is a necessity for any indoor fireplace, fire pit, wood stove or smoker — anywhere you need to pick up and maneuver burning wooden logs or coals safely. These accessories, which can be 26- to 42-inches long, must be made with a heavy-duty heat-proof material such as carbon steel, stainless steel, cast iron or wrought iron.
Fireplace tongs can feature a scissors- or pincer-style design; the former means the tongs bend inward to dig into logs to provide a secure hold on the wood, while the latter has a simpler design with fewer hinges and a thicker build. Both are equally effective, but the pincer variety often requires less maintenance.
Since you want to ensure you can get a secure grip on the tongs, be sure to check the product’s weight before purchasing. They can weigh 1 to 6 pounds, so consider purchasing a lighter one if you don’t think you’ll be able to lift the combined load of the tongs, in addition to a log, using both hands.
The Fire Pit Tong Buying Guide
- The longer your tongs are, the farther away you can hold burning logs. But if they’re too long, you may have trouble grabbing and moving logs. If you’re on the shorter side height-wise, consider purchasing a smaller set of tongs for better control.
- Accessories to consider purchasing with your fireplace tongs include a fire poker, which helps shift logs and coals into a desired position, and a pair of heat-proof gloves, which provide excellent protection from sparks. There are affordable sets available that include all three.
- Look for tongs that fold into a smaller size, making them easier to store and transport.
- Only place your hot fireplace tongs on a heat-safe surface, like brick or gravel; do not set them down on just any floor.
- Fireplace tongs require two hands for safe maneuvering.
- To clean your fireplace tools, remove the soot and grime with a dry cloth or brush (wear gloves so you don’t stain your hands). Then, rub them gently with fine-grade steel wool dipped in vegetable oil. You can also apply a polish to shine them.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide