Recycling Rules Stackable Handle Recycling Bin, 4-Pack
Last updated date: July 1, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Recycling Bins and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Recycling Bin you should buy.
Update as July 1, 2020:
Checkout The Best Recycling Bin for a detailed review of all the top recycling bins.
You'll find these recycling bins are made from recycled plastic and have handy carrying handles. If you set the carrying handles in the forward position, you can stack the bins. When the handles are in the backward position, the bins nest.
In our analysis of 52 expert reviews, the Recycling Rules Stackable Handle Recycling Bin, 4-Pack placed 4th when we looked at the top 13 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Welcome to Recycling Rules! We are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to helping you start or enhance a recycling program. This recycling bin is a customer favorite and is our best-selling bin. It's perfect for collecting recyclables in a kitchen and fits nicely under most sinks, in a utility room, a garage or by a desk. When full its sturdy handle makes it easy to carry to a central recycling dumpster or to take to your recycling center. Many apartment and condo residents find this bin a must. Great for schools, offices, and churches too! Its nontraditional shape helps keep trash out and recycling in. Watch your recycling participation rate soar. An ingenious design allows the handle to fold down and allows multiple bins to stack, one on top of another. Perfect for those environments where recyclables still need to be separated. You can create a "recycling tower" for glass, metal, aluminum, plastic, paper, plastic bags, Styrofoam™, batteries, etc. Made in North America with a minimum of 35% recycled content. Bin measures 13.5" tall (handle folded down), 10.5" wide and 14.25" deep. Measure carefully! Capacity is 6 gallons (assuming that it could hold water up to the top). Your order will contain four (4) identical recycling bins, shipped nested in one box. See our 6-pack, 10-pack and 20-pack listings for even greater savings per bin!
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Recycling Bins
It’s important that everyone does their part to protect the environment. One easy way to do this is to recycle glass, plastic, metal and paper using recycling bins. Some counties provide outdoor recycling bins, while others do not. Of course, you’ll still need indoor bins to keep the recyclables organized.
Find out whether your township requires you to separate plastic and paper products. If they don’t, you’ll only need one dedicated bin for your kitchen. If they do, look for a model like the ANUANT Compartment Container Recycling Bin, 4-Piece, which has four compartments within one bin.
When it comes to outdoor recycling containers, you want a bin that is quality made and able to withstand all types of weather. Look for a model that is also constructed with a UV inhibitor that protects the container from fading or becoming cracked from constant sun exposure.
Should the outdoor recycling bin require a liner, check for integrated cinches that help hold the liner place. This feature will also make it easier to remove the liner when you’re ready to replace it with a new one.
Recycling bins that have a lid are ideal, as they keep critters from getting into your trash. Some models have a locking mechanism to keep the lids in place. Others have a feature that keeps the lid propped open while filling or emptying it.
Look for an outdoor recycling container with wheels if you have a long driveway and dragging the bin to the curb is unrealistic. It’s best if the wheels are durable and outfitted with performance treads that work well on multiple surfaces.
Another option is to go with recycling containers that can be stacked on top of each other. For example, the Recycling Rules Stackable Handle Recycling Bin, 4-Pack comes with four bins that are stackable. As an added bonus, these bins can also be used indoors to store toys or in a garage to hold tools.
While recycling containers are available in a wide range of colors, such as yellow, green, blue, gray and white, you’ll want to make sure they are outfitted with the universal symbol for recycling before you buy them. This is the only way the trash men will be able to distinguish your recycling cans from your regular trash cans.
The Recycling Bin Buying Guide
- Since your recycling bins hold trash, they will become dirty and smelly over time. Use a garden hose to give the recycling cans an initial rinse. Next, fill the bin a quarter of the way up with warm water and a squirt of dish soap. Add a cup of distilled white vinegar to help clean and deodorize the bin and then scrub the inside and outside of the bin. Rinse clean and allow to air dry.
- It’s always best to rinse cans and bottles out before tossing them in your outdoor recycling bin. This helps deter outdoor pests, like raccoons and possums from getting into your trash.
- Take a few extra seconds to flatten any cardboard and food boxes before placing them in your recycling bin. You’ll be able to fit much more in that way, which means you won’t need as many bins.
- Check to see if you live in one of the 10 states that pay for recycled cans. If you do, you may want to set these items aside and take them directly to the recycling center. Every penny adds up.
- Believe it or not, not all plastics are recyclable. Your city’s website should list which plastics it accepts. If you can’t find a list, take a look at the plastic’s number. Most centers tend to shy away from numbers 3, 6 and 7. If you have a number 1 (soft), 4 or 5, call the city and ask whether they accept those plastics in their recycling program, as some cities take these, while others don’t.
- When comparing recycling bin prices, you’ll need to take into consideration extra features and whether the can is meant for indoors or outdoors. The ANUANT Compartment Container Recycling Bin, 4-Piece is made from a soft material, and therefore the most affordable. In the middle, you’ll find the Rubbermaid Slim Jim Plastic Recycling Bin and the Genuine Joe Rectangular Recycling Bin, as these have a more solid construction. On the higher end is the Recycling Rules Stackable Handle Recycling Bin, 4-Pack, which are stackable.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide