Real Vibes Activated Charcoal Teeth Whitening Powder Kit
Last updated date: May 10, 2019
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Teeth Whiteners and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Teeth Whitener you should buy.
Update as May 14, 2021:
Checkout The Best Teeth Whitener for a detailed review of all the top teeth whiteners.
In our analysis of 40 expert reviews, the Real Vibes Activated Charcoal Teeth Whitening Powder Kit placed 12th when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
A Simple and Natural Way to Whiten Your Teeth Activated Charcoal Powder is sourced from organic coconuts and proudly eco-friendly. This means it doesn't contain any of the harmful whitening peroxides commonly found in today's dental products. Activated Charcoal Powder is one of Nature's best purifiers and detoxifiers. Charcoal is a highly absorbent and removes toxins when they adhere to the surface. It's not absorbed by the body, but passes through the GI system as chemicals and toxins bind to it, which then pass through the body and are expelled by the digestive system. It's commonly used in hospitals to treat food poisoning. However, our product is not meant for ingestion but if you happen to swallow a small amount, there is no fear of adverse effects. As for your teeth and gums, it's gentle and quite soothing. Most roughly-made charcoal powders on the market today can scratch your tooth enamel and irritate your gums. Our Activated Charcoal Powder is finely ground and quite smooth. Your teeth and gums will be thankful. Over time and using it consistently, you can expect to remove everyday stains which include: coffee, wine, cigarettes and much more. And all this can be done without risky peroxides, bleach and other chemicals. Natural Eco-friendly Ingredients: -Organic Coconut Activated Charcoal: Coconut is the top food-grade charcoal and acts to pull stains by a process of absorption. -Bentonite: a natural remineralizer for you teeth and it also pulls toxins while remains gentle on your gums. Easy to Use: 1 - Dip a clean, wet toothbrush into the powdered charcoal. 2 - Lean over the container of charcoal and quickly put the charcoal covered toothbrush in the mouth (this is to protect your sink). 3 - Brush in small, gentle circles for 2 minutes, spit carefully and rinse really well. Your mouth will feel amazingly clean!
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Teeth Whiteners
Teeth whitening is more popular than ever, but you’ll pay hundreds of dollars to have the treatment done through your dentist. Fortunately, there are plenty of much more affordable options, most of which are available over-the-counter at any drugstore. But with so many options, it can be tough to choose just one.
Whitening trays are similar to the ones you’ll get at the dental office at a fraction of the price. The dentist custom builds a mouthpiece to fit your mouth, but technology has made it easier for manufacturers to create a tray that conforms. Look for one that uses thermal-form technology so that it molds to fit your teeth for as tight a fit as possible.
Although trays can do a great job, many people prefer the convenience of whitening strips, which you slip on the teeth for a short time period, then toss in the trash. The gel is already on the strips, so there’s no work involved on your end. White strips are also very affordable compared to other options, making them a popular choice with consumers.
LED lights are another way to whiten your teeth. It’s important to note that the light itself does nothing. It’s the application of a solution containing peroxide that makes the difference. When the agent is applied and the light shone on it, the light speeds up the whitening process. At one time, UV light was used, but there were concerns about unsafe UV exposure. LED is a much safer alternative.
If you spend much time on social media, you’ve probably heard about a more natural alternative to traditional teeth whitening called activated charcoal. This product actually turns your teeth black while it’s doing the work, but those who want to eliminate peroxide completely from the process prefer it. Unlike other products, charcoal teeth whitening manufacturers don’t promise that the product will work for everyone, usually issuing the “results may vary” disclaimer in their fine print.
Whatever whitening process you use, it’s important to note that you may experience sensitivity when using peroxide on your teeth. The charcoal option eliminates that issue, but it may not be as effective on you as other people. Remineralization gel can help with sensitivity when you’re using peroxide-based products. It has also been shown in studies to toughen up enamel by helping to overcome the reduction of enamel microhardness that happens with bleaching.
The Teeth Whitener Buying Guide
- The biggest criteria for choosing a tooth-whitening solution is whether or not it works. The AuraGlow Teeth Whitening Kit works, but you may not find your teeth are as noticeably white as they would be with a few other products on the market. Results for other teeth whiteners are often mixed, with even the manufacturers themselves stating that they vary from one person to another.
- The application process is dramatically different between options. Perhaps the easiest is a whitening pen, which you merely apply using the provided pen. Brands that offer peel and stick strips are also quite easy to use. You’ll need to leave them in place for 30 minutes, then remove them and toss them in the trash. The Cali White Activated Charcoal works as a toothpaste, so you’ll need to use it on a daily basis. Most complicated is the AuraGlow Teeth Whitening Kit, which requires you to squirt some of the gel onto a mouthpiece, insert into your mouth, press a button and leave in place for 30 minutes. The mouthpiece isn’t exactly comfortable, either, especially for something you’re enduring for a full half an hour.
- Another consideration is how messy your treatments will be. The AuraGlow Teeth Whitening Kit has a mouthpiece you’ll have to clean between uses, making it more involved than other kids that use disposable strips. Perhaps messiest, though, is Cali White Activated Charcoal, which can stain anything it comes into contact with, including your sink and shower. You’ll have to clean the sink after spitting the solution out while also being very careful not to get any of it on your clothes.
- It’s important to also consider how long you’ll have to use the product to see results. The Cali White Activated Charcoal can lighten teeth by several shades after only a few sessions, while you’re asked to use brands for a full 20 days before seeing results. The AuraGlow Teeth Whitening Kit provides 20 days’ worth of gel when used as directed. You can use iSmile California Teeth Whitening Kit with LED Light, but it could take up to two weeks to see results.
- Tooth sensitivity is always an issue when you’re applying peroxide to your teeth. The AuraGlow Teeth Whitening Kit contains 35 percent carbamide peroxide, while other kids use hydrogen peroxide. The Cali White Activated Charcoal includes remineralization gel, which is said to reduce sensitivity while also helping prevent some of the very minute softening of the enamel that happens with whitening. However, you can buy remineralization gel separately to use with any teeth whitening product. Cali White Activated Charcoal has no peroxide whatsoever, so you shouldn’t experience any sensitivity.
- Another unexpected bonus with Cali White Activated Charcoal is that it helps detoxify the mouth, leading to fresher breath.
- Although most over-the-counter teeth whitening products are far less expensive than professional services, some are more affordable than others. You’re sure to find a tooth whitening kit that fits your budget, however.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide