Real Techniques Cruelty-Free Beauty Sponges, 4-Count
Last updated date: September 21, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Beauty Sponges and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Beauty Sponge you should buy.
Update as September 21, 2022:
Checkout The Best Beauty Sponge for a detailed review of all the top beauty sponges.
With a flat edge, round sides and precision tip, this highly-rated makeup sponge works with your makeup to contour, blend and cover imperfections with little effort. It is latex-free, vegan and 100% cruelty-free.
In our analysis, the Real Techniques Real Techniques Cruelty-Free Beauty Sponges, 4-Count placed 2nd when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Solution for dull tired skin that provides light to medium coverage- also makes the perfect holiday gift! Foam technology fights off everyday growth of bad stuff that comes from old makeup, dead skin cells and more. Use with foundations, concealers, tinted moisturizers for a natural luminous finish. Use damp for dewy finish or dry for matte. 3 Point Precision Makeup Application – flat edge for large areas, round side for contours, and precision tip for crevises and under your eyes. 100% Cruelty-Free, Vegan, and Latex Free.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Beauty Sponges
People who use makeup sponges swear by them because these products allow users to create flawless finishes without getting their fingers dirty. Unlike cotton balls, you can wash and reuse sponges repeatedly. They are great for applying tinted moisturizers, BB creams, foundations, blushes and bronzers and will not leave streaks when you use them correctly.
Makeup sponges come in different sizes for different purposes. The teardrop looks like what it sounds like and is a solid multi-tasker. The larger, rounded part works well on bigger parts of the face, and the tip is good for harder-to-reach areas like around the nose and the inner corners of the eyes. Some of these also have flat sides that you can use to apply powder or press and blend concealers and contouring powders. The flat side is also suitable for blushes and bronzers.
An oval makeup sponge can help you apply concealer precisely; some even have dual tips. Pear-shaped makeup sponges generally have smaller top portions and slightly larger bottom portions, with indented areas in the middle. These can be easier to grip, but since the sponges are all made from foam, they are usually easy to hold and maneuver. Since you don’t have to put your fingers into your makeup when you use sponges, they are also more sanitary.
A makeup sponge should be dense but feel bouncy and lightweight without containing any latex that could cause allergic reactions. They are generally made out of polyurethane foam or silicone. You can buy them individually or in sets, and some of the latter include different shapes and sizes. Look for sponges that will fit nicely in your palm with a shape that meets your needs.
The Beauty Sponge Buying Guide
- To use a makeup sponge, run it under clean water, squeeze out the excess and apply your makeup to its surface.
- Use a dabbing motion to apply makeup to your face with the sponge’s round edges.
- The flat edge is suitable for contouring around the nose and eyes.
- Darker-colored sponges allow you to see exactly where the makeup is on them, before, during and after use.
- Even if a beauty sponge claims to be “anti-microbial,” it should still be washed often.
- You can clean makeup sponges with dishwashing liquid, or you might want to use a special makeup sponge cleaner for this purpose. When finished, rinse well, squeeze out the water and air dry.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide