RAVPower Portable Charger
Last updated date: April 12, 2019
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Portable Chargers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Portable Charger you should buy.
Update as September 27, 2022:
Checkout The Best Portable Charger for a detailed review of all the top portable chargers.
In our analysis of 56 expert reviews, the RAVPower Portable Charger placed 18th when we looked at the top 18 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
How do you choose a power bank that you can always count on? Is it a standout sales-record, top rating, and glowing customer reviews? With the most 5-star reviews, the RAVPower RP-PB19 16750mAh Battery Pack keeps a proud record of being a RAVPower top seller with more than 400,000 satisfied customers all over the word. It’s the only power bank that meets all your needs. Charge 2 devices simultaneously at a consistent 4.5A current with optimized charging speed for each device thanks to our iSmart 2.0 technology. A smooth charging for a sweet journey with no fun left behind. Get a full battery back within just 8 hours with the DC 5V/2.4A charger instead of 17 hours with the traditional DC 5V/1A input. Stay informed of the battery level and conveniently turn on the flashlight by pressing the Power Button once and twice respectively. The battery pack is kept new and intact under the matte finish that is fingerprint and light-scratch proof. Premium A+ 18650 battery endures over 500 charge cycles for extended service life. Integrated with voltage surge and over discharge protections, the battery pack will automatically shut down if a charging error occurs.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Portable Chargers
There’s no shortage of portable chargers available. In fact, once you start shopping, you’ll likely immediately be aware of the vast array of products out there. But although portable chargers may look alike, some even promising very similar specifications, there are notable differences from one product to the next.
One of the biggest features to look at when shopping for a portable charger is how long it will take to charge your devices. This is especially important if you have a device with fast-charging capabilities since not all portable chargers support that. A device that can fully charge multiple items at once in a limited amount of time may be well worth paying extra or sacrificing other features, such as portability.
Another feature that sets some newer chargers apart from others is the ability to charge more than just a smartphone or tablet. Some of these devices can charge a laptop or gaming console, making them useful if you’re regularly out and about with these items. You’ll also find some chargers can plug into your computer and act as a hub, charging multiple devices at once while you’re working.
While all portable chargers are designed to tuck into backpacks and laptop bags, some are even more powerful. If it’s important to be able to slip your charger into a pocket or handbag, look for much smaller devices. Some are only slightly larger than a tube of lipstick, making them especially portable, but you may sacrifice power and charging capabilities for that convenience.
While you’re waiting for your devices to charge, you may occasionally want to check in on status. Some chargers have indicator lights that show you exactly where you are in the process, giving you a general idea of the time you have left. However, if you’re only charging smartphones and laptops, you’ll likely be able to get this same information by looking at the device itself.
The Portable Charger Buying Guide
- A good portable charger starts with its power. Portable chargers can range from 10,000 to 26,800 mAh.
- The time it takes to charge is also a top consideration. Although this can vary depending on the capacity of each device you’re charging, some portable chargers have the ability to charge two or three devices at once at a lightning-fast speed.
- Before you can charge other items, you’ll need to charge the portable charging device. You’ll want to evaluate your new portable charger on how quickly it charges up, depending on your needs.
- One factor determining how quickly your portable charger can get results is whether or not it supports the new fast-charging capabilities built into many modern devices.
- New charging technologies built into devices like laptops and gaming consoles make it easier to build portable chargers for them. Some portable chargers can not only charge your smartphone but can also capably charge the newer MacBooks that have Thunderbolt ports, as well as the Nintendo Switch.
- If you’re concerned about portability, look closely at the weight and size of the devices you’re considering. Do you need a device that you can carry in your pocket, or is a slightly larger charge OK for your needs?
- Some portable chargers have longer, slimmer profiles, similar in shape to a smartphone. The measure around 6 inches by 3 inches, meaning they’ll still easily slip into a laptop bag or purse, but they may not be quite as easy to carry around all day with you.
- Portability comes at a cost, however. Smaller chargers can typically only charge one device at a time. Larger chargers can charge up to three devices at once.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide