Ralston 100% Whole Wheat Hot Cereal, 3-Pack
Last updated date: June 18, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Hot Cereals and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Hot Cereal you should buy.
Editor's Note October 27, 2020:
Checkout The Best Hot Cereal for a detailed review of all the top hot cereals.
You won't find any sugar, sodium or saturated fats in a bowl of this hot cereal. In fact, the only ingredient is 100% milled wheat, which means you won't find any preservatives or artificial ingredients either. With the help of a microwave, you can have a hot bowl of cereal ready in just two minutes!
In our analysis of 35 expert reviews, the Ralston Ralston 100% Whole Wheat Hot Cereal placed 1st when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
For over 100 years, generations of American families have been waking up to a delicious and nutritious breakfast that includes Ralston Hot Cereal. From the original checkerboard packaging to the 1940's favorite of straight-shooting cowboy Tom Mix, the taste remains the same. Made with 100% whole grain wheat, Ralston is high in fiber, cholesterol free and Smart for your Heart. Cooks instantly, microwavable. Our goal is to keep the online nutrition information up-to-date and accurate. However, we always recommend that you check the labels, or call the manufacturer, for the most up-to-date ingredient and nutritional information.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Hot Cereals
Breakfast has long been considered the most important meal of the day. WebMD reports that a nutritious breakfast not only gives you energy, but it also boosts your metabolism so that you can properly burn calories throughout the rest of the day. If you don’t have time to prepare a plate of bacon and eggs, but don’t want to resort to cold sugary cereals, you can make a bowl of hot cereal in just a few minutes.
When shopping for the best hot cereal, you need to consider your diet. For example, if you’re sensitive to gluten, you’re going to want a cereal made using gluten-free brown rice. There are also cereals made using 100% all-natural toasted whole wheat that is free of GMOs.
Next, you’ll want to check the nutrition label. There are hot cereals that contain 25% more fiber, as well as some that have added iron. Many are high in calcium and folic acid as well. You also want to make sure they are low in saturated fat and cholesterol.
It’s important to note that instant hot cereal packets often have sugar in them. Look for a lower-sugar version if you have to limit your daily sugar intake. It’s also a good idea to go with a hot cereal that is free of artificial preservatives, sweeteners and high fructose corn syrup.
The Hot Cereal Buying Guide
- Always follow the cooking instructions listed on the hot cereal’s product packaging. Typically, you’ll need to pour the recommended amount of cereal and water in a pot and bring it to a boil. The addition of salt is always optional. Once the mixture is boiling, you’ll want to lower the heat and stir constantly to avoid the formation of clumps. After the recommended amount of cooking time, remove the pot from the heat and let it sit until the cereal has thickened. If you prefer to prepare the hot cereal in the microwave, combine the cereal and water in a microwave-safe dish and cook for the designated amount of time listed on the hot cereal box. Again, you’ll need to wait a few minutes for the cereal to thicken.
- When it comes to flavoring your hot cereal, there are an endless amount of possibilities. You can mix in a little brown sugar, vanilla extract or maple syrup. Perhaps you’d like to top your hot cereal with banana slices, a handful of blueberries or some coconut flakes?
- It’s important to note that the FDA doesn’t regulate any health claims made by the companies that produce hot cereal.
- To compare hot cereal prices, you must first determine how much the company is charging per ounce. The Quaker Instant Oatmeal Variety Pack Hot Cereal and the Malt-O-Meal Original Wheat Hot Cereal are among the most affordable. Moderately priced is the Wheatena Toasted Wheat Hot Cereal with the Ralston 100% Whole Wheat Hot Cereal coming in at the highest price per ounce.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide