RAD Garage Bicycle Hoist Lift
Last updated date: April 17, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Bike Storage and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Bike Storage you should buy.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Get a two pack of the top rated / best selling bicycle hoist on the market! There is no such thing as not enough room for another bike. Store your bikes overhead and out of the way. Smooth pulleys and latches make lifting even heavy bikes super easy. The exclusive rope locking mechanism prevents unwanted release and can suspend one bike - 100 lb. load limit. Please note, you can mount this item as pictured or on a 2 x 4 and then onto the ceiling. RAD Cycle Products is an industry leader and backs it up with a warranty which is the best in the business!
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Bike Storage
Bicycles are not only fun to ride, but they also provide a great way to squeeze in some exercise. Whether you simply use your bikes for recreational purposes, or you ride them to school or work, you’ll need a safe place to store them. It’s a good idea to review the different types of storage options before you buy, so you can determine which one will work best for your needs.
Floor racks are a great option for families, as they can store up to five bicycles at a time. Most work well with 12 to 26-inch bikes, which means you can also use them to keep your beach cruisers and mountain bikes neat and organized. Look for a floor rack made from powder-coated steel that is weather-resistant if you need to set it up outside.
Another option is to go with a wall mount to store your bicycle up off the floor. They work great in garages, sheds and even small city apartments. There are single models, as well as units that can hold up to three bikes at a time. It’s important that you check the weight capacity before buying a wall mount, as some are only capable of handling bikes of up to 40 pounds, while others can hold bicycles that weigh as much as 77 pounds.
Check for any extras that the wall mount bike storage might have to offer. For example, some models have a 160-degree side-to-side swivel, which allows you to move the bicycles out of the way without taking them completely down. Other bike storage racks also have hooks for keeping the family’s helmets next to their bikes.
You can also go with bike storage that comes in the form of a tent. The tents are typically able to store up to two adult bicycles. You want one that is industrial grade with a roof that has UPF 50+ protection. The great thing about this type of bike storage is that it is multipurpose. It can also be used to organize your pool toys or gardening equipment.
DWYM Fun Fact
A lot of changes and improvements took place from the first bicycle design to the models we know and love today. For example, the first invention that resembled a bicycle was constructed in 1790 by Comte Mede de Sivrac. It had two wheels and a seat in the middle. There was no way to steer the bike and it didn’t even have any pedals.
The first bicycle with a pedal and rotary cranks didn’t come until 1861. It was created by Pierre and Ernest Michaux, a father and son team whose profession was making carriages. Bicycle designs quickly improved and were even able to be mass-produced beginning in 1890. Today, we have a wide range of bicycle models to choose from. There are road, hybrid, beach and mountain bikes on the market, just to name a few.
The Bike Storage Buying Guide
- Not all bike storage solutions come with instruction manuals. One suggestion is to search popular video sites, like YouTube, to watch another user install their bike storage. If you are a visual learner, this is a better option than written instructions anyway.
- Some reviewers suggest buying your own wall anchor hardware instead of using the hardware provided by the bike storage company.
- If the screws on the bike rack you purchase aren’t countersunk, it is important that you use extra caution when storing and removing your bicycle, as it is possible for the front tire to rub against the screw and become damaged.
- It’s good practice to clean your bicycle racks from time to time. They will collect dust, as well as dirt and grime from the bicycle tires. You can complete this chore with a little soap and warm water or a cleaning solution that is water-soluble. You can use a soft bristle brush if you need to remove any dried mud. Wipe the unit clean with just water when you’re done and then dry it with a lint-free cloth.
- Look for bike storage that comes with a customer satisfaction or money-back guarantee. If it doesn’t live up to your standards, or the claims made by the company, you’ll be able to request a refund.
- Design plays the biggest role in the price of bike storage. The Delta Cycle Leonardo Da Vinci Single Bike Storage is among the most affordable, as it comes with a simple hook that only holds bicycles under 40 pounds. You’ll pay a moderate price for the Steadyrack Classic Bike Rack and the Koova Garage Wall Mount Bike Storage Rack, both of which are mounted to the walls. The most costly is the YardStash Space Saving Outdoor Bike Storage, as it is a full tent that can hold everything from bicycles to lawn mowers.