Rachel Jepson Wolf The Unplugged Family Activity Book
Last updated date: August 4, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Activity Books and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Activity Book you should buy.
Update as September 12, 2021:
Checkout The Best Activity Book for a detailed review of all the top activity books.
In our analysis of 39 expert reviews, the Rachel Jepson Wolf The Unplugged Family Activity Book placed 11th when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Get ready for kid-approved ideas that celebrate the great outdoors year round! Whether you’re building forts or making fresh cider, there’s something for every kid and every season. What might unfold if we put away our devices for an hour, a day, or even longer? What adventures await, when we press pause on technology? The Unplugged Family Activity Book invites you and your loved ones to connect, create, and celebrate all year long. With more than 50 projects, crafts, and recipes, plus ideas for seasonal celebrations to share with family and friends, there’s fun to be had, all through the year. Host a springtime tea party, where you’ll nibble shortbread cookies and make a mossy teacup fairy garden. Or gather with friends for a summer potluck party. Blow giant bubbles, race leaf-and-bark boats, or camp out in your own backyard. In the fall, enjoy a harvest party with your friends! Create a fall leaf rainbow, sip mulled cider, and bake bread over a campfire. When winter comes, celebrate the longest night of the year with twinkling ice lanterns. Try your hand at candle dipping and pen your wishes for the coming year. In The Unplugged Family Activity Book, you’ll fall in love with every season–wherever you call home. So grab your family and friends, and get ready for an adventure that will last all through the year!
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Activity Books
Have you ever heard your child saying “I’m bored!” That’s a phrase kids use often when they’re not quite sure which adventure to tackle next. Regardless of age, kids are curious and independent. They have inquiring minds that love learning new things. They also have a need to be busy all the time. Sitting still with nothing to do isn’t something children enjoy.
An activity book is a great way to encourage your child’s inquisitiveness while keeping them busy. These are workbooks designed specifically for kids, filled with coloring pages, word searches, crosswords, mazes, diagrams and so much more. Activity books are typically made for a specific age group. Some focus on one area, such as biology or literacy, while others include a wide variety of activities that span the gamut. Most activity books are educational and entertaining at the same time.
One of the best parts of activity books is that they are highly portable. The books are easy to take with you wherever you go. All you need to bring is a pencil or some crayons along with it. This is why activity books are great for taking on airplanes when you’re traveling with kids. They also make excellent choices for bringing with you anywhere where kids have to wait, such as at a doctor or dentist’s office. They provide just the right amount of stimulation and each page typically takes just a few minutes to complete.
Activity books are a great way to teach kids new skills, such as the names to the parts of the body or how to read. When kids learn new things, they increase their self-confidence and learn more about what they are interested in. For example, through an activity book, a child may discover that they are excellent at crosswords.
The Activity Book Buying Guide
- When you’re looking for an activity book for kids, it’s best to check the age group first to make sure that it will provide your child with the right level of education and entertainment. Books may be categorized by age or grade. For example, they may say “for ages 3-4” or “for kindergarteners.” Picking an activity book that’s not the right age group for your kids may mean the activities are too advanced or too easy for them.
- Consider what your kids are most interested in and select an activity book that encourages those interests. For example, if your child is interested in science, biology or the human body, an activity book that teaches them the names of all the parts, shows them the nervous system and get them to draw a skeleton may be something they truly enjoy. On the other hand, if your child loves to be read to, they may also enjoy an activity book that encourages them to read. This may include play-motivated learning to keep your child’s attention and help them grow their confidence as they learn new words. For budding artists, you can get an activity book that fuels their creativity and teaches them how to draw certain things like animals, cars or faces. You can also get activity books to help kids prepare for school, which includes literacy, numeracy and other educational activities.
- Some activity books have perforated pages so they are easy to tear out. This is a good option if you don’t want to take the whole book out with you if you’re going on an excursion but need an activity to keep kids busy.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide