Rachael Ray 46236 Accessories Kitchen Pantryware Multi Purpose Salad Bowl
Last updated date: October 1, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Salad Bowls and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Salad Bowl you should buy.
Editor's Note October 1, 2020:
Checkout The Best Salad Bowl for a detailed review of all the top salad bowls.
This multi-use bowl comes in bright colors and has a rubberized base to keep it from slipping. We like that it is sturdy and dishwasher safe. You can use it to mix and serve salads, or hold your compostable waste while cooking.
In our analysis of 22 expert reviews, the Rachael Ray Rachael Ray Kitchen Multi Purpose Salad Bowl placed 7th when we looked at the top 15 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Rachael's Garbage Bowl makes it easy to stash and dump unwanted scraps that pile up while you cook, and that means fewer trips to the trash can or compost pile. The Rachael Ray Garbage Bowl is perfect for collecting food scraps that pile up when chopping, slicing and dicing that would otherwise pile up on the kitchen counter. Bold color makes this top rack, dishwasher safe bowl a great countertop addition even between uses. A convenient, rubberized base keeps the garbage bowl sure and steady on the countertop. This durable melamine kitchen prep bowl is a great way to collect pieces of veggies for composting. This melamine bowl has been carefully designed to complement other items in Rachael Ray cookware and dinnerware collections
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Salad Bowls
While you can make and serve a salad in any vessel you like, there are specific bowls that are designed so make the best salads. A salad bowl is a large round vessel with somewhat shallow sides. This shape makes it easy to add in a large amount greens and other vegetables, pour on the dressing to get maximum coverage, and then toss the salad so you have all the flavors in every bite.
Salad bowls are often made out of high-quality wood, but they also come in glass, plastic and stainless steel varieties. When you’re looking for wooden salad bowls, the type of wood is important. Opt for Cherry, maple black walnut, olive, bamboo, teak, or acacia varieties. These are hardy, durable woods, which make them a good choice for a serving dish for food with high water content. Beech, oak and birch are not as durable as other kinds of wood, and can easily split or warp.
Glass, plastic and stainless steel salad bowls are highly versatile. Just look for a shape that allows you to properly coat the salad in dressing and toss all the ingredients together. A wide base makes sure that the bowl is sturdy while you’re mixing the ingredients.
If you frequently eat outside or have young children, you may want to go with a shatter-proof option like stainless steel, plastic or wood. These choices are also fairly light and easy to carry around. Plus, these casual materials work well for everyday meals with family and friends. On the other hand, if elegant parties are a fixture in your social calendar, then going for a glass or porcelain salad bowl might be a better fit for you.
The Salad Bowl Buying Guide
- When you’re on the hunt for a salad bowl, think about how you want to use it most often. If you’re searching for something that’s perfect for everyday dining at the kitchen table or on the patio, then going for a wooden or plastic salad bowl is the best choice. Porcelain and glass salad bowls make quite an impression at formal events, though they can be heavy to carry when full.
- The style of the salad bowl varies based on the material. Wooden salad bowls are eye-catching, especially if they have unique grain patterns. They provide a rustic or al fresco look to the table, and are great in casual or pastoral settings. Plastic salad bowls can come in a variety of colors, and you can find one to match with your other serving dishes or dinner set. They are often bright and cheery, and a great way to add an accent color to your table. Porcelain and glass offer a more neutral vibe and can match with many different styles of dinner plates and serving sets.
- Pick a salad bowl size that matches your family’s needs. Typically, salad serving bowls should hold between two and five quarts of salad ingredients. This allows you to make enough salad for everyone at the table while having extra room in the bowl to toss everything without spilling a drop.
- When it comes to wooden salad bowls, take special care while cleaning and maintain them. Don’t soak wooden salad bowls. You can wash them quickly in the sink with water and soap and invert them to dry right away, or you can wipe them clean with a wet washcloth. Never put a wooden bowl in the dishwasher, as it can warp the material. Use food-grade mineral oil to season your wooden salad bowl from time to time to maintain the finish.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide