Rabosky Tummy Time Water Play Mat
Last updated date: November 8, 2019
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Tummy Time Products and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Tummy Time Product you should buy.
Editor's Note December 1, 2020:
Checkout The Best Tummy Time Product for a detailed review of all the top tummy time products.
In our analysis of 33 expert reviews, the Rabosky Rabosky Tummy Time Water Play Mat placed 5th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Newest Design Baby Water Play Mat & CPSC Certified As a professional toy seller also father of a cute baby, I realize that most of the infant water play mats on the market have big limitations, in this case, we work with the developer together and make some very exciting innovations just as we design for our own baby, The most important, this mat compiles with the applicable regulations, rules, bans and standards under CPSIA, and any second acts enforced by the CPSC,and get CPSC Certified. Safety First: THICKEST material (0.3 mm PVC) Made from BPA free new-style environment protection material, the smell of this eco-friendly PVC is much lighter than other traditional materials, and could prevent getting moldy inside the mat, we increase the thickness of the material to 0.3mm to resist leak that caused by common sharps. More Fun: LARGEST size (27.5*21.5in) & Vivid Undersea World Elements Background image in bright lively colors and Living creatures would stimulate and en-train infant’s brain development, the exclusive design undersea world elements, such as pearl shell, treasure box, mermaid and so on, which would let infants fondle admiringly. Up to 7 Attractive Floating Toys The new design vivid and dynamic undersea world floating toys would grab the babies’ attention. Encouraging them to lift up on their arms to catch. Meanwhile strengthen head, neck, upper body muscles, and helps with further development to build the strength and coordination needed for rolling over, crawling, reaching, and playing. Worry-free After Sales, Worth Trying for The Infants Sincerely invite you to try our product, you don't have to worry about any after-sales problems, we offer 30 Days 100% Money Back or Free Exchange Guarantee. The better products will make it all worthwhile when infants enjoy a cool Summer time and bring your kids and family more fun and growth!
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Our Expert Consultant
Parenting Pro and Safe-Sleep Expert
Kate Desmond is a writer and infant safe-sleep expert. She has spent the last eight years working as the marketing director for Charlie’s Kids Foundation, a nonprofit that aims to educate families about SIDS and safe sleep. In that role, she travels around the country learning and educating caregivers and providers on the latest and greatest safe-sleep information to prevent infant death.
As mom to two elementary-aged daughters, she spends hours researching the best and safest products for her own kids. She is quick to get in the weeds with other mamas, and uses humor to cope with parenting woes from potty-training to teaching kids to read. She writes about the ups and downs of parenting on her blog.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Tummy Time Products
While it’s important for your little bundle of joy to sleep on their back, this means that they don’t have many chances to develop their neck, back and arm muscles. Plus, many babies spend a lot of time in car seats and swings, further decreasing the amount of time they spend on their tummies. That’s why providing your baby with tummy time is increasingly important.
When infants spend time lying on their tummies, they develop the muscles they need to eventually roll over, crawl and sit up. Through tummy time, babies can fortify their trunk muscles, strengthen neck and head control, and improve the muscles in their upper body. If babies spend most of their time on their backs, they don’t have the chance to develop these muscles which are so integral to their physical growth and future mobility.
Another important reason to focus on tummy time is that it helps reduce the chances of your infant developing a flat spot on the back of their head. Since doctors promote infants sleeping on their backs for safety reasons, plagiocephaly — the flattening of the head — can occur since babies’ skulls are still soft and forming.
Even so, you’ll want to stay close to your baby as she plays and make sure she doesn’t fall asleep on her tummy.
“>Whatever tummy time products you purchase, spend time with your baby while they play and make sure to place them on their back for sleep,” says Kate Desmond, our resident parenting expert.>
Did you know you can start tummy time with your infant when they are as young as two weeks old? At this age, all they need is a few sessions that are 30 seconds long. As they grow older, you can gradually increase the amount of time they spend on their tummies.
Keep in mind that most babies don’t like tummy time initially. It is a new and uncomfortable position at first, and it takes practice to hold their heads up on their own. Your baby may fuss the first few times you place them on their tummy. That’s why having some playful distractions can help your baby to spend more time in this position. When your baby has something fun to look at and play with while on their tummy, they will start to enjoy the activity more and more. At two months old, you can aim for tummy time sessions that are five minutes long. By four months, try to encourage tummy time that is around 15 minutes long a couple of times a day.
“A baby play mat can be a great product to keep tummy time clean and interesting,” says Desmond. “These mats often have built-in features, but additional products can keep tummy time fun for even longer. Just like tweens with their selfies, babies love to look at themselves so tummy time products with mirrors are a great place to start. Anything with water or movement can also keep babies’ attention, so a water mat with plenty of fish and sparkle can be really fun.”
The Tummy Time Product Buying Guide
- When you’re looking for a tummy time product, it’s best to find one that will captivate your little bundle of joy. Some babies like bright and bold colors, while other babies are more interested in things they can grab and hold. Some babies prefer looking in a mirror, while others want toys that make a lot of noise. You may have to experiment to see what your little one likes best while on their tummy. The Sassy Tummy Time Floor Mirror is a large true-reflection mirror that attracts your baby’s developing vision. A black and white spinning ball attached to the mirror engages your baby’s need to explore objects by hand. The mirror has an easel back and stands on the floor on its own. The Infantino Prop-A-Pillar Tummy Time & Seated Support is great for babies that need a little extra physical support to get used to tummy time. The c-shaped prop pillows can be placed under your baby’s arms and chest to support them during tummy time. They can also be stacked to help during sitting. The pillow has bright colors and patterns and comes with small dangling toys your baby can grab. The Tiny Love Tummy Time Activity Mat provides a support pillow to prop your baby up during tummy time. The brightly colored mat also comes with a standalone mirror, helping to distract your little one during their activity. The Splashin’kids Inflatable Tummy Time Water Mat provides an extra level of sensory development. The water-filled playmat is fun to squish with little baby fingers, and has stunning visuals to captivate their interest.
- For newborns who are still developing their ability to hold their head up, having a tummy time product that provides extra support may be beneficial. While the Sassy Tummy Time Floor Mirror and the Splashin’kids Inflatable Tummy Time Water Mat don’t come with an extra pillow for support, they can be used with a rolled-up blanket placed under the babies chest and arms. On the other hand, the Infantino Prop-A-Pillar Tummy Time & Seated Support and the Tiny Love Tummy Time Activity Mat both come with a special c-shaped pillow that is designed specifically to be used as a prop for your baby to help them build their neck muscles.
- Babies grow and change each day, learning new skills, developing new muscles and gaining new interests. For many parents, it’s important to purchase products that will grow with their baby. When selecting your tummy time product, look for one that your baby can play with as they grow older and learn to roll, crawl and sit. The Sassy Tummy Time Floor Mirror is a great height for babies to use as they crawl and sit up, in addition to being used while they are lying on their tummies. The Infantino Prop-A-Pillar Tummy Time & Seated Support is innovatively designed so that the pillows can be stacked to create a little seat for the baby to sit in as they develop their back muscles.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide