Rabbitgoo Decorative Glue-Free Privacy Window Film, 18×79-Inch
Last updated date: November 4, 2019
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Privacy Window Films and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Privacy Window Film you should buy.
Editor's Note July 30, 2020:
Checkout The Best Privacy Window Film for a detailed review of all the top privacy window films.
In our analysis of 21 expert reviews, the Rabbitgoo Rabbitgoo Privacy Window Film, 18x79-Inch placed 10th when we looked at the top 13 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
stained glass window film Renovate Your Living Space with the Minimum Amount of Work and Cost.Bring Magical Kaleidoscopic Lights into Your Room! Pebbles Decorative Film for glass would not only enrich and challenge adulthood but also prove essential for children’s rooms or school classrooms, presenting protection and a level of privacy. Our 3D Prism Technology creates an iridescent effect, where the sunlight reveals the colors of the rainbow, like a soapy bubble. UV coating reduces fading on furnishings caused by the sun Repetitive pattern to cover any window or glass Creates privacy by limiting the view of onlookers Adhesive-free film - no mess, no fuss. Easy installation process that will not damage the glass. Easily trimmed to size with scissors or utility knife. privacy window films Totally Reusable, Fantastic Eco Choice Removable glass sticker leaves no residue on the glass. You can re-position & reuse it after years, ideal for rental places! Enjoy More Comfortable Light This window privacy covering will diffuse direct sunlight to prevents glares. You can work and study under softened sunshine! Say No to Harmful UV Rays Anti UV window covering blocks 96% UV Rays away to protect your health, protects your furniture from fading It won't have any colorful results without direct sunlight or the colored background. Colorful Effect May Vary From Different Backgrounds. decorative window film 3D Prism Technology are Taking Over Offer the beautiful Prismatic design for semi-privacy. Expressing in a window decal a kind of inspiration that attracts the childishness. window covering film Super Easy to Install: Check Out the Installation Instructions Clean the target surface thoroughly. Measure the surface and cut the film. Leave an extra inch margin each side for an easy adjustment. Prepare enough diluted soapy water in a spray bottle. Spray the surface with the soapy water. Peel off the transparent backing film along a short side. Install the film onto the window. Use the squeegee to remove excess water and any bubbles whist applying the film. Wipe off the water using the towel. Trim off the margins. Here you go! window privacy film Good Morning through Rabbitgoo. Discover rainbows on the floor, wall and everywhere in your room. window cling privacy Prism design makes your glass sparkle. Ready to be blown away when the details gets blown up. window privacy film Begin your project. Will looks even better on your windows.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
Our Expert Consultant
Home Improvement Expert
Vicki Liston writes, produces, and narrates “On The Fly…DIY,” an award-winning home improvement and DIY show of unique project tutorials for the casual DIY’er.
Home improvement and all things DIY have been Liston’s passion since she bought her first house in 2007 and she started making video blogs in 2014. She’s performed hundreds of DIY projects, from small ones to major, wall-smashing renovations and can teach you how to make a trendy DIY barn door for cheap. The proceeds earned from “On The Fly…DIY” are donated to no-kill animal shelters and rescue organizations. You can find her show on Prime Video.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Privacy Window Films
Sure, privacy window film can keep nosy neighbors from peering in through otherwise uncovered windows.
But Vicki Liston, writer, producer and narrator of award-winning home improvement and DIY show called “On The Fly…DIY” says window film can do that and more.
“While it provides the obvious — blocking outside, wandering eyes from seeing every detail inside your home — privacy window film delivers more advantages than you might think,” she says. “It can stop harmful UV rays from damaging your furniture, flooring and décor. It can save on cooling costs in the summer by reflecting both sunlight and solar heat.”
She says that window film can have health benefits as well as aesthetic advantages.
“For households with allergies and asthma, films can serve as a welcome alternative to dust-attracting curtains and blinds (imagine never having to wash curtains or wipe off blinds again!),” she says. “If you love a more minimalistic look or you can’t bear the thought of impeding the view of your gorgeous window frames, you can still block out the rest of the world while allowing in natural light and keeping those frames free from obstruction.”
Privacy film can be invaluable to renters who want to enjoy the advantages without worrying about damaging or altering the windows in a rental home. Most window film is not only easy to install but also simple to remove, so renters can beautify and protect any glass surface with no worry of backlash from their landlords.
It is important to note that there are several different types of window film, and not all of them provide every possible benefit. Determining what features are most important to you and how you plan to use it will help you find the best privacy film for your home.
“For those ‘privacy only’ concerns, opt for an opaque, a decorative pattern, or a mirrored film,” says Liston. “Opaques and decorative patterns will stop the gaze of your nosy neighbors but they will also stop your gaze as well. A mirrored film is highly reflective and allows you to take in the view outside but your privacy level may wane as the sun goes down. Some types become semi-see through at night so read the label carefully on mirrored and reflective versions before you make a decision.”
Window film is quite affordable, as well. This is especially true when you compare the cost of privacy film to other types of custom window coverings, such as blinds, curtains or frosted glass.
The Privacy Window Film Buying Guide
- The location of your home should factor greatly into the type of window film you purchase. The direction that your windows face is an important consideration, as well. For instance, if you live on a forested lot in Pennsylvania with lots of north-facing windows, you might want the film to let in in as much natural light as possible. However, if your home is in the Arizona desert or your west-facing windows take a beating every afternoon, you may hope to keep as much sunshine and heat out of your house.
- Adhesive privacy window films that activate with water offer long-lasting results. Choose these over films that require applied adhesive or static cling films with no adhesive. The former is messy and difficult to apply, while the latter simply won’t stand up to temperature changes or the passing of time.
- Prepare the window or glass surface by cleaning them thoroughly. Ammonia-or vinegar-based cleaners could damage the film, so opt for a mild soap in water instead, such as baby shampoo. Be sure to rinse the glass well with clean water before applying the film.
- Applying privacy film when the temperature outside has been at least 60 degrees Fahrenheit for several days will ensure that the bond has time to cure, providing the best adhesion results.
- Always apply privacy film to interior surfaces or the inside of windows. Privacy window films are not intended for exterior use and will not endure the elements effectively.
- No need to spend additional money on fancy, specialized tools or applicators for privacy film. A standard, clean spray bottle, and a credit card or other small, rigid piece of plastic work just as well as a squeegee, scraper, or other items that you might purchase but only use for a single application.
- A razor blade will make trimming the edges much easier, as well.
- Measure the window before cutting or applying the film. Start by measuring the inside of the frame from left to right and again from top to bottom. Add about two inches to each measurement to give yourself some wiggle room when installing the film and to allow for any potential errors.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide