Quility 15-Pound Weighted Blanket & Removable Cover
Last updated date: October 16, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Weighted Blankets and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Weighted Blanket you should buy.
Editor's Note October 16, 2020:
Checkout The Best Weighted Blanket for a detailed review of all the top weighted blankets.
This weighted blanket has a 100% super soft cotton outer layer that feels great against the skin. In addition to comfort, this weighted blanket also features seven layers that not only keep you warm at night, but also give you the feeling that you're being hugged. The result is a peaceful night's sleep, so you wake up feeling rested and ready to tackle a new day. We loved that this blanket unzips for easy washing. The dotted texture looks cool and is fun for kids to touch.
In our analysis of 158 expert reviews, the Quility Quility 15-Pound Weighted Blanket & Cover placed 1st when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Quility’s innovative 7-layered blanket is designed to offer supreme comfort. We use the most advanced sewing technology and the highest-quality materials to produce the ideal weighted blanket. The ultra-breathable, 100%-cotton outer layer is lined with non-glue polyester padding and two extra polyester layers that contain millions of premium micro glass beads. This unique structure provides optimal temperature control and guarantees that our blankets never leak beads. COMPLETE SET! MINKY COVER INCLUDED: Soft-to-the-touch and super-comfy, a Quility premium removable minky duvet cover accompanies every purchase! Use the cover for added warmth during the winter, and remove it to keep cool in the summer.To remove it, simply unzip the zipper and untie the string ties fastened to the loops around the blanket’s edges! GREAT NIGHT’S SLEEP: Quility’s all-natural heavy blanket provides the warmth and comfort of a gentle hug. Sleep soundly throughout the night and wake up feeling renewed! CHOOSE THE RIGHT SIZE: For an individual user with a single, twin, or full-size bed, we recommend choosing a blanket that weighs around 10-12% of your body weight, (plus one pound). If the final weight falls equally between two blanket sizes, it’s best to go with the lighter option. Choosing the right size is crucial for enjoying the optimal benefits the Quility Weighted Blanket provides. For assistance choosing the right size for you, check out the helpful chart below! 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: We LOVE our customers and take pride in providing a pleasant shopping experience. Please keep in mind, it usually takes about a week to get used to the blanket’s weight. If for any reason you’re unhappy with your purchase, we offer a full refund— no questions asked! We’re available to answer your questions, 24/7, and are always happy to hear from you, so please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us!
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Weighted Blankets
Weighted blankets have grown in popularity, thanks to their ability to improve sleep and reduce feelings of anxiousness. The blankets are able to accomplish this by using the extra weight to add pressure to the body. This pressure gives the sensation that you are being hugged.
Just a few of the conditions that weighted blankets are touted as helping include autism, sensory processing disorders, anxiety, insomnia, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), restless leg syndrome, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and Asperger’s Syndrome. If you’re interested in giving a weighted blanket a try, there are a few things you’ll want to consider while you shop.
Determine how many pounds you need the blanket to be. Blankets range in weight from 5 to 25 lbs. It’s always a good idea to check with your doctor first, but as a general rule, weighted blankets should be at least 10% of the user’s body weight. So, if you weigh 150 lbs., you’d need a 15 lb. weighted blanket, like the Quility Weighted Blanket 15lbs, 60″x80″.
Next, look at the size of the blanket. You’ll want a smaller weighted blanket, such as a 15-pound blanket that measures 48″x72,” for a twin bed or for a single person to cover up while watching television. A larger blanket, like the Weighted Idea Cooling Weighted Blanket 15 lbs, 60”x80”, for a king bed or for a couple who wants to snuggle up on the sofa together.
Check the number of layers within the blanket, and make sure you know how breathable the fabric is. If the layers are thick and less breathable, you won’t be able to use the blanket during the hot summer months unless you have the air conditioners running. Of course, on the flip side, the blanket will keep you warm and toasty during the colder winter months, and you’ll be able to turn your heat down a few degrees at bedtime.
Make sure that the materials are hypoallergenic if you or someone in your household is an allergy sufferer. A blanket that contains non-toxic glass beads that are also odorless is an excellent choice. If anyone in your home has sensitive skin, you’ll want to choose a blanket made with material that is soft to the touch.
Look for a matching duvet cover. Duvet covers not only protect weighted blankets from stains, but they are also easily removed and tossed in the washing machine.
Finally, choose the color, pattern and style that interests you or the one that matches the room theme you plan on using the blanket in.
The Weighted Blanket Buying Guide
- Always read the product label before washing the weighted blanket. Most require hand-washing, unless they have a removable duvet cover. Duvet covers can be cleaned in a typical washer and dryer. It’s important to keep in mind that if your weighted blanket is deemed safe for a washer, it will need to go in a commercial-size washer if it weighs 20 lbs. or more.
- There are a few different options when it comes to storing a weighted blanket when not in use. You can use an under-the-bed storage bag, a large ottoman that has a storage compartment, a hope chest or the bottom drawer of your dresser (if you have the space).
- If you find a weighted blanket works for you, but you still need that same pressure during the day, you can try compression clothing. The clothing is designed to give you the feeling that you are being hugged, just like the weighted blanket. You’ll also be able to wear the clothing while running errands, visiting friends or even going to work.
- Weighted blankets make excellent birthday and Christmas gifts for family and friends, especially those who could use a little help sleeping at night. With so many colors, patterns, sizes, weights and fabric choices, you’re sure to find just the right blanket for your intended recipient.
- Never use a weighted blanket designed for a human on a dog. Even if your dog suffers from anxiety and would benefit from the pressure, these blankets aren’t always safe for pets. Not only may the weight be too much for the dog’s chest (especially smaller dogs), but canines are also at risk for chewing the blanket open and swallowing the beads. If the beads don’t pass safely through the pup’s digestive track, your dog could end up needing medical intervention.
- When comparing weighted blanket prices, you need to first consider the weight. The Quility 15-Pound Weighted Blanket & Cover is expectantly lower in price than the Degrees Of Comfort Dual-Sided Sherpa & Fleece Weighted Blanket, as it weigh several pounds less. Next, you need to take into consideration the size of the blanket. You can expect a weighted blanket that measures 60″x80″ to cost more than a model that comes in at 48”x72,” as it’s larger and requires the use of more materials.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide