Qtimal 3.5-Inch Kitchen Sink Strainer Basket, 2-Pack
Last updated date: September 22, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Kitchen Sink Strainer Baskets and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Kitchen Sink Strainer Basket you should buy.
Editor's Note September 22, 2020:
Checkout The Best Kitchen Sink Strainer Basket for a detailed review of all the top kitchen sink strainer baskets.
If you're looking for a kitchen sink strainer basket that won't rust, this model is a good choice. It has an easy-to-lift handle and can be quickly cleaned right in your dishwasher. Of course, the 304 stainless steel construction also ensures the basket is strong and durable.
In our analysis of 45 expert reviews, the Qtimal Qtimal 3.5-Inch Kitchen Sink Strainer Basket, 2-Pack placed 2nd when we looked at the top 13 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
THOUGHTFULLY DESIGNED: The upgrade handle of our strainer makes dumping out food residue so much easier, no longer have to worry about strainer stuck in the sink. No sharp edges on the drain strainer, so it would not scratch or damage your sink and hands. High-density (much more than others) perforation 1.5mm dia holes allows more water to pass through and better block food particles than 2mm dia holes. EASY TO CLEAN AND ANTI-CLOGGING: Unlike wire mesh strainer was difficult to clean out and restrict the flow of water. Qtimal drain strainer is easy to clean and anti-clogging. Averagely distributed perforations on entire basket ensure water go through seamlessly while efficiently catching all the garbage so that it does not clog the sink system. Simply dump the chunks then give them a quick rinse and wipe under running water to get them completely clean and shiny. DURABLE LONG LASTING: While most competitors use 201 stainless steel (which corrodes, rusts and stains your sink), Qtimal strainers are made with 304 stainless steel resistant to rust and corrosion. The tough build makes it durable. Sink strainer stainless steel not bend easily and are sturdy so they would not break even under strong water pressure. In addition, it weighs 1 ounce and remains stable in the sink! COMATIBLE FOR USA SINK: Outer dia 4 inch, inner dia 2.95 inch, depth only 0.78''. The shallow bottom ensures our products fit in most 3-1/2 inch US drains, not only for kitchen sink, you may also use it in bathroom on floor drain. Fits 2.95-3.6'' drain opening suitable for most American families. 100% CUSTOMER SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: Bonus 1 free brush to clean the sink drain strainer. We are very confident of our product, if you are unhappy with your purchase for any reason, we will give you a new replacement or a full refund. With that no risk guarantee simply add one to your cart now.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Kitchen Sink Strainer Baskets
Kitchen sink strainer baskets are important for two reasons. First, they allow you to trap the water in your sink to soak pots and pans or wash dishes. Second, they keep dirt and food particles from entering your pipes and causing a clog. If you’re in the market for a new strainer basket, there are a few things you’ll want to look for.
Start off examining the material that the kitchen sink strainer basket is made out of. Most are constructed using stainless steel, which has a host of benefits. It’s extremely durable and hard to dent or ding. It’s also resistant to rust and corrosion.
Next, flip the strainer basket over and examine the underside. You want the basket to have a built-in sink protector. Usually, these are made of silicone. They are designed not to scratch the surface of your sink.
Count how many strainer baskets you need. The Fengbao Kitchen Sink Strainer Basket, 4.5-inch comes in a 2-pack for kitchens with dual sinks. In the event that you have dual-sinks and a garbage disposal, you’d do better with the 4.5-inch 3-pack.
Look at the size of the basket’s holes, also called perforations. The tinier the holes, the less food will slip down into your drain. You can get a strainer with holes as tiny as 2 millimeters in diameter.
Determine whether you want your kitchen sink strainer basket to have a stopper or not. Look for a model that has a stopper in the center, which gives you the added benefit of filling the sink with soapy dishwater. You can clean your dishes or soak a baking dish that has a little stuck-on food attached to it.
Check for any extra features that set the strainer apart from other models. For example, some have wider rims, while others are colored to match the theme in your kitchen.
The Kitchen Sink Strainer Basket Buying Guide
- Consider creating an additional seal to keep water from seeping out the basket’s sides. This can be done easily and inexpensively using plumbers putty. You have the option of applying the putty to the basket’s under-rim or around the edge of the sink itself.
- Most kitchen sink strainer baskets are dishwasher-safe, but if you purchase one made of plastic, you’ll have to wash it by hand. All you need is a little liquid dish soap and warm water. If you have trouble dislodging food particles from the basket holes, use a toothbrush.
- It’s a good idea to disinfect your strainer basket every so often. You can do this with a bleach wipe or by pouring a little white distilled vinegar over the basket and wiping it down with a rag. Rinse the basket clean afterward and then place it back in your sink so it’s ready for use.
- If your sink has a drain that is smaller or larger than the average sink, you’ll want to make sure the strainer basket that you purchase will fit properly. Always measure the drain’s diameter in inches, as this is the measurement that you’ll find on the product packaging.
- Pricing varies among kitchen sink strainer baskets for several reasons. The Fengbao Kitchen Sink Strainer Basket, 4.5-inch, for example, costs more than the NITO 4.5-Inch Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink Strainer Basket because the package actually contains two strainers. Even though the Qtimal 3.5-Inch Kitchen Sink Strainer Basket, 2-Pack has more baskets than the Dripsie Clog-Resistant Kitchen Sink Strainer Basket, it still costs the same because the Dripsie basket has a flexible plastic stopper with a patent-pending design that gives it a higher value.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide