Q&R Hand Rivent Nut Tool Set System, 17-Inch
Last updated date: June 22, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Rivet Nut Tools and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Rivet Nut Tool you should buy.
Update as July 9, 2020:
Checkout The Best Rivet Nut Tool for a detailed review of all the top rivet nut tools.
In our analysis of 8 expert reviews, the Q&R Hand Rivent Nut Tool Set System, 17-Inch placed 10th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
This is the most labor-saving riveting gun on the market. Included M3 M4 M5,m6,m8,m10 M12, 10-24, 1/4-20 , 5/16-18,3/8-16 1/2-13total 11pcs mandrel Ergonomic handles with double compound hinges maximizing leverage and for easy operation. Delicate Shape heavy duty hand riveter is ideal for working in hard-to-reach areas. Great for off-road / Jeep modifications Any quality problem，mandrel broekn，just cotact us，we will give you free replacement at the first time. This item is "fulfilled by Amazon", you can receive the product in a short time, and FBA can ensure your rights and interests.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Rivet Nut Tools
Unlike the standard rivet, the rivet nut has a body that is internally threaded and counterbored. It comes in a few different shapes. The rivet nut is especially handy when you need to bond a material that is thin or frail. Whether you use this type of nut regularly for work or a variety of home projects, you’ll need a rivet nut tool to install them.
As you shop for the best rivet nut tool, you’ll want to look at the tool’s construction. The WETOLS Rivet Nut Tool Set, 14-Inch is an excellent choice, as the tool’s mandrels are made from chrome steel that has been heat-treated to 104 degrees Fahrenheit. Additionally, the tool’s arm is formed from a 45 carbon steel that is corrosion and rust-resistant. Other models may be constructed of aluminum, brass or a nickel-based alloy.
Next, you’ll want to examine the rivet nut tool’s handles. Look for an ergonomic design that reduces hand fatigue. The Aqqly Hand Rivet Nut Tool Setter Kit, 16-Inch features handles that are three inches longer than other models, making them easier to hold. They also are equipped with double compound hinges that maximize leverage.
Review whether or not the rivet nut tool requires the use of an additional tool to change out the head. You’ll find the Astro Pneumatic Rivet Nut Setter Kit, 60-Piece utilizes a toolless quick-change head that eliminates the need for other tools. You’ll be able to swap out the mandrels and nose pieces quickly and easily.
Finally, consider a rivet nut tool that includes a storage case, so you can keep all of your mandrels and rivet nuts neatly organized. The REXBETI Rivet Nut Tool Setter Kit, 14-Inch comes in a solid carrying case that is compact and easily portable. When you open the case, you’ll discover that each tool fits snugly into its designated spot. This keeps the pieces from moving around and becoming damaged.
The Rivet Nut Tool Buying Guide
- Your rivet nut tool may need to be lubricated. Read the product care guide to see how often lubricating the tool is recommended.
- If you need to clean your rivet nut tool before setting it back in the storage case, you can do this quickly with a stainless steel wipe. These wipes are sold in a container that resembles those used for dispensing disinfecting wipes. You should be able to simply pop the lid and pull one wipe out at a time.
- Always use caution when squeezing the rivet nut too. Over squeezing can strip the nuts.
- If you find that your rivet nut tool has an instruction manual that is inadequate, you can view detailed videos on YouTube that will physically show you how to properly and effectively use the tool.
- One of the benefits of opting to use a rivet nut is that it isn’t damaged by heat like other nuts.
- Rivet nuts have a wide range of uses, with a few of these being bicycles, playground equipment, home appliances, watercraft, automobiles, aircraft, solar installations and a host of home and office furniture.
- Interestingly, rivet nuts can be installed by a six-axle robot or a variety of other automated assembly tools. Of course, this is done in a manufacturing setting, so most do-it-yourselfers will need to stick with the more affordable rivet nut tool that is operated by hand.
- Since rivet nut tools come in sets that include mandrels and rivet nuts, you’ll need to look at the number of pieces in the set, as well as the overall construction of the tool when considering price. You’ll find the WETOLS Rivet Nut Tool Set, 14-Inch and the REXBETI Rivet Nut Tool Setter Kit, 14-Inch are the most affordable per piece, while the Aqqly Hand Rivet Nut Tool Setter Kit, 16-Inch comes in just a slight bit higher. The Astro Pneumatic Rivet Nut Setter Kit, 60-Piece is the most expensive of the bunch.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide