QMNNMA Complete Needle Felting Kit, 254-Piece
Last updated date: June 2, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Felting Kits and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Felting Kit you should buy.
Update as June 2, 2022:
Checkout The Best Felting Kit for a detailed review of all the top felting kits.
The sky's the limit with this 254-piece felting kit. Not only will you receive 50 richly colored felting wool bundles, but you'll also get all the tools needed to create a whole host of projects. The kit even comes with felt molds and a high-density foam mat.
In our analysis, the QMNNMA QMNNMA Complete Needle Felting Kit, 254-Piece placed 4th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
50 Assorted rainbow color needle felting wool: Rich in color, each color is 3 grams, can be stored in 2 layers of plastic boxes, easy to find, and meet your needs for different styles of DIY, suitable for making pets, dolls or decorations. High quality needle felting wool: 100% ultra-fine wool roving, this soft wool roving has an exquisite texture with no caking or over-dyed areas,fluffy, soft, bright colors, very suitable for handmade felt production and DIY wool process. Complete needle felting set: The felting kit not only has 50 beautiful colors felt wool yarns, but also many basic needle felting supplies, such as felting needles, glue sticks, felt molds, pliers, scissors, finger covers, high density foam mat and etc. Professional felting needles: We provide professional felting needles for you, a total of 3 sizes, 36gauge, 38gauge, 40gauge.You can also get a needle felting handle with 8 needles, which is more suitable for large-area work, and together with needle felting handle, it will be easy to make exquisite wool handicrafts. Wide application: Apply to needle felting, wool painting, jewelry making, dryer balls, spinning, toy DIY or any other artwork that requires wool.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Felting Kits
If you participate in crafts, you probably are well aware of felting. Felting is simply the art of making 3-D items using wool locks or roving into fabric. You do this by connecting the fibers in the wool in a way that makes a solid surface. (Roving is a long, narrow bundle of fiber created during the process of spinning yarn from wool fleece or other fibers.)
There are many types of material that can be used for felting, including synthetic fibers that try to mimic the natural material produced from wool. Synthetic felting is probably what you used when you worked with felt for crafts in elementary school. Real wool fibers give a completely different texture that felting enthusiasts prefer.
If you want to get started, it’s important to know there are two major types of felting: wet and dry. With wet felting, you use soap and water to make it easier for the fibers to bind together. With dry felting, you use needles to weave the fabrics together. For wet felting, you’ll do most of the work with your hands. Dry felting requires a larger supply kit due to the needles that are necessary.
The Felting Kit Buying Guide
- You can’t use just any needle for felting. A felting needle has sharp, barbed blades that will agitate the fibers to achieve the desired results.
- All your new supplies will need to be stored when you aren’t using them. If your kit doesn’t come with a storage box, make sure you have a way to store the items.
- If your kit doesn’t come with a foam pad to protect your fingers, you can buy a sponge or foam pad separately. Make sure whatever you choose is at least several inches thick.
- Although cute little animals seem to be the go-to for felting projects, you aren’t limited to that. There are felting projects for gnomes, flowers, faux succulents and booties and countless other objects. You can also needle felt designs onto your favorite scarf or mittens.
- Needle felting can also come in handy for repairing holes in yarn-based blankets and sweaters.
- If you’re just getting started, look for a kit that includes all the supplies you’ll need. Keep in mind that some of these beginners’ kits are limited in the quantity of wool you’ll receive. You may need to purchase extras to have on hand after your first few projects.
- Beginners may also benefit from an instruction guide with step-by-step directions for easy projects. You can find plenty online, as well, but it can help to have instructions specific to the tools included in the kit.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide