Pyrex Simply Store Meal Prep Glass Food Storage, 6-Piece
Last updated date: September 15, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Glass Food Storage and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Glass Food Storage you should buy.
Update as September 15, 2020:
Checkout The Best Glass Food Storage for a detailed review of all the top glass food storage.
Constructed from a high-quality tempered glass, this glass food storage set is both oven and freezer safe. The set includes one 2-cup, one 4-cup and one 7-cup container — all of which have matching lids. Since the glass is non-porous, it won't absorb any food flavors or odors.
In our analysis of 50 expert reviews, the Pyrex Simply Store Glass Food Storage, 6-Piece placed 2nd when we looked at the top 13 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Pyrex glass can be used for storage, baking, serving, cooking and microwaving. Pyrex glass storage items are ideal for refrigerator and freezer storage or taking items on the go. Glass vessels are microwave, dishwasher, freezer and oven safe. Plastic lids are BPA free and top-rack dishwasher safe.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Glass Food Storage
Did you know that over 240 pounds of food per person is wasted each year in the United States? This can be avoided by simply storing any leftover food and eating it a day or two later. In fact, surveys show that 41% of people store and consume leftovers to save money. In addition to money, a person saves time. It takes just a few minutes to heat up a leftover plate of chicken and vegetables versus the 30 plus minutes it would take to cook the meal from scratch.
If you’re in the market for a quality set of food storage containers, you’ll want to go with glass. Glass dishes, like the Pyrex Simply Store Glass Food Storage, 6-Piece, are ideal because they never rust, and they are able to resist stains from dark sauces and odors from foods like onions and garlic.
Look for a glass food storage container that is heat safe. For example, the BAYCO Glass Food Storage Containers, 8-Pack is oven safe to temperatures as high as 700 degrees Fahrenheit. That means you can use the set to cook everything from lasagna to a shepherd’s pie.
If you do a lot of food prep, you’ll want a glass food storage set that is also freezer safe. The FineDine Superior BPA-Free Glass Food Storage, 24-Piece is freezer safe and designed to prevent freezer burn and discoloration. This is perfect for safely keeping large batches of homemade soups, cooked veggies and just about any type of casserole at the ready.
Check the lids last. You need a glass container with a matching lid that holds a seal. The C CREST Glass Food Storage Containers, 10-Pack comes with BPA-free locking lids with silicone rings. The silicone ring creates a watertight seal, while the locking lids let you know beyond a shadow of a doubt that the lids are secure.
The Glass Food Storage Buying Guide
- Store your food upright when using the glass storage containers. Even if the containers have a lid with a great seal, the food can still move freely within the container if there is a gap between the lid and the food.
- Keep in mind that most lids must be removed from the glass food storage containers before you heat the food up in a microwave or traditional oven.
- Always check the product packaging for cleaning instructions. Most glass food storage containers are dishwasher safe, although some companies recommend washing them on the top rack. Most of the containers’ lids, however, are made of plastic and must be washed by hand with the rest of your dishes.
- Glass food storage containers don’t have to be used for food. There are plenty of other items that you can store in the containers to keep your home neat and organized. For example, you may wish to keep sewing supplies, like extra buttons, thimbles or spools of thread in the containers. If your kids have small toy collections, such as little army men or LEGO sets, the containers will keep the pieces together. Just a few other things you can use these glass jars to hold include hair bows, coins, nail art and jewelry.
- To determine which set of glass food storage containers has the best value, you need to divide the price by the number of pieces in the set. The FineDine Superior BPA-Free Glass Food Storage, 24-Piece and the Pyrex Simply Store Glass Food Storage, 6-Piece are among the most affordable when you look at the price per piece. You’ll pay a moderate amount for the C CREST Glass Food Storage Containers, 10-Pack. The BAYCO Glass Food Storage Containers, 8-Pack is able to command the highest price per piece, thanks to its smart snap locking lids and its ability to withstand heat temperatures as high as 700 degrees Fahrenheit.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide